• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Nix sucks...

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    1) Check your Bills timeline
    2) We've had much more than 3 hits in 3 years. You want proven 5+ year studs but that's obviously impossible since they are all under 3.

Nix has done a nice job. The Troup draft is the only one that's a miss... And even that one netted us Spiller.
    Troup was far from his only miss.

I know officially Nix was in charge this year, but do you REALLY think the Bills would make Whaley GM and hamstring him with a 4th Nix draft? We may not have known as fans but the team had to know that Nix was on his way out before this draft. I have no way to prove it, but logically this has to be Whaley's draft with input from Nix.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Nix has had success and colossal failure. He hired Gailey, he extended Fitz. Both extra stupid moves (hindsight wasn't required). He has had a few good picks, but so far only one true difference maker in CJ. His legacy here is hitched to the current roster and the Marrone hire. If a couple more of his draftees turn into something special, and Marrone proves he belongs, then Nix gets anointed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        This year's draft was Whaley.

3 good players from Nix in 3 years- wow, what a genius.

The only thing Nix did better than his predecessors was not whiff in the first round. The rest of his draft classes have been terrible.
        NO! It was Nix. Whaley had input just like the last few years ,but whatever happens to this draft falls on Nix.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

Nix was an idiot country bumpkin who was hired because Ralph recognized his name. That's it! Look it up. He hitched his wagon on a retread coach and a 7 round backup QB and got burned and he goes out into the sunset like he has a legacy here. LMAO. This years draft was not his. You were all made to think it was so he looks good in the end. This is how this organization rolls until the owner is no longer here.

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
            Nix has had success and colossal failure. He hired Gailey, he extended Fitz. Both extra stupid moves (hindsight wasn't required). He has had a few good picks, but so far only one true difference maker in CJ. His legacy here is hitched to the current roster and the Marrone hire. If a couple more of his draftees turn into something special, and Marrone proves he belongs, then Nix gets anointed.
            Cordy Glenn is a difference maker. Franchise LT without a doubt. Hasn't allowed a pressure yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
              Nix was an idiot country bumpkin who was hired because Ralph recognized his name. That's it! Look it up. He hitched his wagon on a retread coach and a 7 round backup QB and got burned and he goes out into the sunset like he has a legacy here. LMAO. This years draft was not his. You were all made to think it was so he looks good in the end. This is how this organization rolls until the owner is no longer here.

Sorry. Russ and Whaley said Nix led the draft .He led the hiring of Marrone too. Unless you were there yourself, I'll listen to them.

And BTW, Nix hired Whaley .
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-17-2013, 10:34 AM.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

I think I'm going to wait until the Bills make a playoff appearance with the core that he built before I anoint him the saviour.

Until then, he's just a guy that turned a 7-9 team into a 6-10 team.

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

Who cares if he hired Whaley. So you believe everyting they tell you eh? Poor guy....this team is run by a group of guys who took orders from an owner and now take orders from his cronies and bookkeepers to make sure his wishes were still met when he went senile. Open your eyes. This was Whaley's draft and you can tell too.

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  Sorry. Russ and Whaley said Nix led the draft .He led the hiring of Marrone too. Unless you were there yourself, I'll listen to them.

And BTW, Nix hired Whaley .

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Who cares if he hired Whaley. So you believe everyting they tell you eh? Poor guy....this team is run by a group of guys who took orders from an owner and now take orders from his cronies and bookkeepers to make sure his wishes were still met when he went senile. Open your eyes. This was Whaley's draft and you can tell too.

They stated publicly it was Nix. Are you telling me I should believe a MB poster instead? Who gets credit for hiring Whaley? Does Donahoe get credit for hiring Greg Williams and Mularkey?

Nix said he wanted to draft a franchise qb and they did. Whether it was Whaley who did the scouting I don't care, they did what NIx said they would do and they drafted EJ.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• GreedoII
                      • Aug 2007

Okie Dokey...

In the end it doesn't matter. You're right...go BIILS

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      They stated publicly it was Nix. Are you telling me I should believe a MB poster instead? Nix said he wanted to draft a franchise qb and they did. Whether it was Whaley who did the scouting I don't care, they did what NIx said they would do and they drafted EJ.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Okie Dokey...

In the end it doesn't matter. You're right...go BIILS
                        it matters when arguing who gets credit or who is to blame for failures. Guys like Troup was Nix fault too.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Leave the old guy alone.... After all, he does have his prostrate to worry about.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I'll never understand why some people insist on defending a guy who gave us Gailey, Wannstadt, and Fitzpatrick (who still counts as $7 million in dead cap next year)and never managed more than 6 wins in a season.

And if Nix gets credit for this draft, he takes the hit for Levitre and the Byrd fiasco. Can't have it both ways.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              I'll never understand why some people insist on defending a guy who gave us Gailey, Wannstadt, and Fitzpatrick (who still counts as $7 million in dead cap next year)and never managed more than 6 wins in a season.

And if Nix gets credit for this draft, he takes the hit for Levitre and the Byrd fiasco. Can't have it both ways.
                              I'm not defending him. He's responsible and is to blame for Gailey and Wanny too. It's his fault. As a mattter fo fact if EJ and Whaley fails , this is on NIx. But don't go making assumptions that contradict what people from the organization publicly claimed without bringing in your own sources.

Yes, he's at fault for Levitre too.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

the guy also wasted two picks in consecutive years for kickers in the 6th round who went on to not kick for this team. potter isn't sticking with other teams either.
                                meanwhile, we never really got depth at key positions like OL and LB.

he also has a guy drafted in 2 of his 3 drafts where the guy wasn't on the team mid way through camp. those are some huge misses.

show me the baby, and i'll tell you who the parents are. show me the playoffs and we can debate who was the architect. As of right now, its the same titanic captains shuffling the chairs around.
                                Last edited by trapezeus; 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X