Thread: Who else will be traded? I bet Jones-Drew will be traded.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who else will be traded? I bet Jones-Drew will be traded.

Jags want that first overall pick, no way they let Cleveland beat them to the #1 pick!

Sunday, December 1, 2013, I might even have to watch some of this game. Jacksonville at Cleveland. I bet the over under is 17!!!! hahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who else will be traded? I bet Jones-Drew will be traded.

The race to suck is on. Maybe they will fight over a name change to "Marlins".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not sure who would give up very much for Jones-Drew at this point in time. Between his recent injuries and lack of production and being in the last year of his contract makes his trade value pretty low. It would have to be a contender who is desperate for a RB that would be willing to take a shot on him. He's not much more then a RB to split carries with now. His days of being a lead RB are over.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PTI View Post
    Jags want that first overall pick, no way they let Cleveland beat them to the #1 pick!

Sunday, December 1, 2013, I might even have to watch some of this game. Jacksonville at Cleveland. I bet the over under is 17!!!! hahaha
    Sounds about right.

JAX shoulda shedded vets like IND did last season.

Heh - I recall the 1968 race to the bottom between BUF and PHI, to draft Simpson. PHI dumbly won in week 13, making their record 2 -11 (BUF lost, record of 1-11-1).
    In week 14, BUF sewed up the "Simpson Derby" with a 89 yard TO effort as the Oilers pasted them 35 to 6 with an amazing (at that time) 403 yards TO.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-20-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I remember when the Bills and Panthers were in the race for the #2 pick in the 2002 draft. Carolina went up by a few scores in Buffalo and then in the 2nd half the Bills charged back to beat them.

I was at the game and it was late in the season. Everyone in the stands were sick to our stomach because we wanted to lose to secure the #2 pick in the draft and get Julius Peppers. Especially when they were already getting blown out to begin with. The Texans were definitely taking a QB so everyone knew Peppers would be there. Knowing the Bills they probably would've still drafted Mike Williams or maybe even Joey Harrington. Julius Peppers sure would've looked good on our already strong defense the following year. Who knows what may have happened if we didn't win that game.

6. Post thanked by:

Novacane (09-24-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

With Burleson out in Detroit, Cleveland now has WR trading partner.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,433 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    I remember when the Bills and Panthers were in the race for the #2 pick in the 2002 draft. Carolina went up by a few scores in Buffalo and then in the 2nd half the Bills charged back to beat them.

I was at the game and it was late in the season. Everyone in the stands were sick to our stomach because we wanted to lose to secure the #2 pick in the draft and get Julius Peppers. Especially when they were already getting blown out to begin with. The Texans were definitely taking a QB so everyone knew Peppers would be there. Knowing the Bills they probably would've still drafted Mike Williams or maybe even Joey Harrington. Julius Peppers sure would've looked good on our already strong defense the following year. Who knows what may have happened if we didn't win that game.

I was at that game too. Couldn't believe that comeback cost us Peppers. Damn Alex VanPelt!

9. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (09-24-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who will be trading for Josh Freeman?

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sometimes two crap teams playing each other makes for a hell of a game. I remember the Bengals and Browns having that 100 point shootout a while back when they were both garbage.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who will be trading for Josh Freeman?
    My guess would be nobody. He is in the last year of his contract and hasn't had much success. Unless a good team wants some insurance if they have a weak backup then I don't see it happening.

Any good teams already have their QB and there are many more with young QB's that were recently drafted high they wouldn't give up on already. It would be different if we were talking about a good consistent starter but we're not. He showed some flashes at times but after 5 years you shouldn't be showing flashes.

Any team that does want to take a chance on him for a starting role will probably wait until the offseason and try to sign him then. Unless the compensation was a late round pick then why trade for him now? By the time he got in and learned the offense it would be halfway through the season to begin with.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Sometimes two crap teams playing each other makes for a hell of a game. I remember the Bengals and Browns having that 100 point shootout a while back when they were both garbage.
    Sun December 16, 2007 L Buffalo Bills @ Cleveland Browns 0 8
    Sun October 11, 2009 L Buffalo Bills Cleveland Browns 3 6
    Sun December 12, 2010 W Buffalo Bills Cleveland Browns 13 6 ...