X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: sabres prospect talk

the way armia became more consistent late in the season, coupled with his great playoffs (3+3 6) in 5 games, the kids finally putting it together.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      the kids finally putting it together.
      Maybe.. it occured to me last year before the draft kevin devine said on WGR they wanted to draft another Finn.. Something about wanting to follow the Red Wing model of not having one russian or one swede or one Finn..The Red Wings they didnt want that player to feel alone they want to at least have double of a european countrymen. And lo and behold the Sabres drafted Risto.. The plan was for Armia to play in the NHL this past year and Risto wasnt too be too far behind in playing in the NHL.. Makes me wonder if the Sabres brass was aware of Armias supposed unhappiness last year
      Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 05-05-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        Maybe.. it occured to me last year before the draft kevin devine said on WGR they wanted to draft another Finn.. Something about wanting to follow the Red Wing model of not having one russian or one swede or one Finn..The Red Wings they didnt want that player to feel alone they want to at least have double of a european countrymen. And lo and behold the Sabres drafted Risto.. The plan was for Armia to play in the NHL this past year and Risto wasnt too be too far behind in playing in the NHL.. Makes me wonder if the Sabres brass was aware of Armias supposed unhappiness last year
        we will see, but he has some serious skill, and hes not a floater from what i hear. he should be fine, and he made some serious strides.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

some positive words for some of the prospects, in passing.
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

the hockey news has risto as the 7th best prospect, zad as the 8th. grigo at 42, armia at 54. all A-list prospects.

armia, they felt, was hampered by the injury as well as the smaller ice, where he excelled at playing the perimeter using that time and space to create. with north american rinks, he hasnt learned that (yet) as of the time of this being written (mcnabb was still a sabre prospect when this was written)

when i went and saw rochester play, i saw armia use his size and strength to get into gritty areas, so hes clearly learning. and his bump in production late in the season (coupled with his very solid playoff performance) are examples. its good to know hes beginning to develop to the game in north america. he has the size and skill to produce, and i havent heard anything negative about his attitude aside from him being homesick, which is understandable.

THN also has hudson fasching as the 65th rated prospect, an A-list prospect, with LA.

carrier is not an A-list, but he is 8th on st louis top 10. they say he is a details man, who works really hard refining his game, and that is a major asset. may "be a better pro then a junior" and hes a really solid junior player.
            Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

heres an opinion piece from a contributor to hockeybuzz (i know, i know)

but he makes a very valid point. the sabres have to stretch the pipeline. they simply have too much talent in too small of a window. so he says the sabres need to take euros (who tend to stay over in europe a year or two longer) or college players (a year longer usually) to stretch out the talent pool.

also, i really expect the sabres to take a goalie high this draft.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

BUFFALO – Up and down they went side-by-side, each stride drawing eyes inside the First Niagara Center. For a few moments during development camp Monday, Sam Reinhart and Brendan Lemieux, the jewels of the Sabres’ 2014 draft class, skated together, a brief-but-memorable glimpse into the future. If the Sabres become contenders again someday, this week’s

brief article on reinhart and lemeuix and others during prospect camp.
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Reinhart is suppose to centre a line of Armia and Lemieux for tonights scrimmage.. There was talk this morning on WGR of Lemieux playing in Buffalo this year which I think is nutty Lemieux needs more time in juniors

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

lemieux needs more time in juniors FOR SURE. theres no way hes ready. i mean, from what i gather.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

What did you gather? Do you also reap what you sow?

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        What did you gather? Do you also reap what you sow?
                        just from reading about him. needs more polish to his game (like most 18 year olds.) and needs more time in the O.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

My biggest beef is constantly moving these kids around between teams. Commit to that level for the entire year ( Juniors, College, Rochester etc ) and let them hear one coaching staff. Yet they leave to play on some 18 and under national junior team or get shuffled between 3 differnt places within a year, killing their development. I hope Murray kills that practice.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

A must read article:

Originally posted by wgr550.com
                            Three other Sabre first round picks are impressing
                            Paul Hamilton

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- Mikhail Grigorenko played on a line with Dan Catenacci and Hudson Fasching. The line didn’t score, but quite possibly they were the game’s best line.

Once the three got a cycle going, they sustained pressure on the goaltenders. If it wasn’t for some sparkling goaltending by Linus Ullmark, the trio could’ve been on the board.

Grigorenko has bragged on Facebook about the work he’s been putting in this summer to be stronger and better.
                            Read more: http://www.wgr550.com/Three-other-Sa...ssing/19419146

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

More:

Rasmus Ristolainen improved by leaps and bounds after starting in Buffalo last season and then going to Rochester. Cassidy thinks he and Jerome Leduc have impressed him the most from last season until now,

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                                Yet they leave to play on some 18 and under national junior team
                                It is always a good thing If a prospect can represent his country at a U-18 or tthe WJC.. Ristolainen scoring the gold medal winning overtime goal against Sweden and neutralizing and shuting down McDavid in the semi finals would have given him a nice boost of confidence

Comment

Working...
                                X