• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: sabres prospect talk

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    14 teams are talking to him, If he looks at the brutality the Sabers goalies have faced this season, And the steep rebuild they are in, I don't see it happening unless they shell out a ton of cash.

Sabres goalies have no chance, They get hammered with shots, And they can't get any shots off themselves.

Next year is going to be brutal too, Can't get worse than they are now, But, Still going to be brutal.

He's also 23 years old and went undrafted like 5 times and plays with/against 18 year old kids
    the reason why the sabres are so enticing to oconnor is because he has said he wants to make the leap directly to the NHL and the sabres and a few others are really the only team that have that option.

and again, the sabres wouldnt have to shell out cash, oconnor has to sign an ELC just like every other rookie out there. ELC's are capped.

and dude, the calgary comment wasnt in the article. it was some random guys comment in the user comment section.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 03-08-2015, 11:42 AM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

14 teams are talking to him, If he looks at the brutality the Sabers goalies have faced this season, And the steep rebuild they are in, I don't see it happening unless they shell out a ton of cash.

Sabres goalies have no chance, They get hammered with shots, And they can't get any shots off themselves.

Next year is going to be brutal too, Can't get worse than they are now, But, Still going to be brutal.

He's also 23 years old and went undrafted like 5 times and plays with/against 18 year old kids
      oh, and he only went undrafted twice. after that you become a free agent, same route curtis joseph and ed belfour went.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
        Victimizing The Victimizer
        • Aug 2012

What has he shown in the NCAA that he can make the jump right to the NHL??

His numbers are crap in his career,His team is stacked, And he plays against kids, His 6'5 frame is what gets people drooling, That's how you make mistakes.

He will land with a team no doubt, But he will be in the AHL playing not the NHL regardless of what HE want's.

I posted the comment because it makes sense.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
          • Aug 2012

Looks like the Rangers and Benoit Allaire are throwing their hat in the ring too!!

March 7th, 20155:05 pmThe Rangers are expected to be a part of the discussion over the pending free-agent goaltender out of Boston University, Matt O’Connor (Post, March 7).
          O’Connor attended the Rangers development camp last summer, but it is unclear if the club with have the draw for the junior goalie out of Toronto.
          Darren Dreger said on Friday 14 teams are interested in O’Connor and that one team even contacted his agent to ask if trading a goalie at the deadline would help their pursuit of him. (TSN)
          You’ll hear it again this weekend, countless times actually as the Devils celebrate the 20th anniversary of their first Cup, that the 1995 champions were a product of their system rather than the p…

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

What has he shown in the NCAA that he can make the jump right to the NHL??

His numbers are crap in his career,His team is stacked, And he plays against kids, His 6'5 frame is what gets people drooling, That's how you make mistakes.

He will land with a team no doubt, But he will be in the AHL playing not the NHL regardless of what HE want's.

I posted the comment because it makes sense.
            personally, i doubt he can make the jump from hockey east to the NHL and play well. but if theres a team that can offer him the chance, its the sabres. if thats the requirement to sign him, not many teams can offer that. maybe he doesnt pan out, i honestly dont care about that point. its low risk, potentially high reward. i mean, if he signs with the sabres and sucks, itll suck, but nothing really lost on the attempt.

what that poster neglected to post was that the flames have a decent wealth in net beyond the NHL. i mean, you also parroted another post about him going undrafted "5 times" and we see how true that was (not very true, in case it needed to pointed out)

maybe he signs in buffalo, maybe he doesnt. but if his requirement of going right to the NHL is going to be met, buffalo is one of the few that can offer him that. hence why its believed the may have a leg up on other suitors. plus, eichel.
            Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 03-08-2015, 12:31 PM.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
              • Aug 2012

The Oilers are the team that I see pop up when I search for it, And as of today it's the Rangers...The Sabres are barely mentioned.

Parroted another post?? That's all anyone really does on message boards, Now If I was on twitter asking sports media to help me out with an argument I was having with someone on a message board, What would you think of me then??

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

The Oilers are the team that I see pop up when I search for it, And as of today it's the Rangers...The Sabres are barely mentioned.

Parroted another post?? That's all anyone really does on message boards, Now If I was on twitter asking sports media to help me out with an argument I was having with someone on a message board, What would you think of me then??
                more or less fact checking. you claimed seattle would have an NHL franchise by the time the the 2015 draft rolled around, i asked someone who covers the NHL about it, they more or less verified my claims that there probably wasnt enough time for it to happen. and what do you know? no seattle NHL franchise is in place for the 2015 draft.

i mean, asking someone who covers the NHL a question is pretty legit. parroting someone off the comments section on TSN? little more grey.
                Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 03-08-2015, 01:00 PM.
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

He's brutal....Bunch of soft goals by the caps.

Good! He did exactly what he was called up to do! Hopefully it continues!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    Good! He did exactly what he was called up to do! Hopefully it continues!
                    well, theres another reason. if he plays 30 minutes in 7 games, he remains sabres property this offseason as a RFA. if he doesnt, he becomes a UFA. considering he is coming off a major injury, but was playing really well in the AHL, i think they just want to see what they got at this point. he played really well last year after miller was traded. and there was a time hackett was considered a really good prospect. he had that down year in 13-14 and just fell off the map.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Personally I don't understand the obsession with this kid right now. He's goe through his early 20's which is huge in terms of physical and emotional development.

hes a man.... playing against boys.

is be an interesting prospect?

sure... but the world is filled with prospects.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        Personally I don't understand the obsession with this kid right now. He's goe through his early 20's which is huge in terms of physical and emotional development.

hes a man.... playing against boys.

is be an interesting prospect?

sure... but the world is filled with prospects.
                        i think its hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. hes big, and having a really good year. is it because hes older and therefore more developed? or is he a late bloomer? jury is out. but considering hes a free agent, and with goalies, you just never know what youll get, the reward could be massive.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Compher with another hatty for go blue.
                          The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Cal Peterson with second straight hockey east "rookie" of the week honors, per Kris baker.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Pysyk hopes to resume physical activity soon, per a March 6 article.

McCabe out with a concussion.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Larsson improving as well.
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X