Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday...

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,497 Times in 15,583 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday...

First of all, this team has no quit in them.

Gailey or Jauron's teams would have quit at halftime. (Be honest)

Second, Manuel can take a hit.

Third, Carpenter isn't a bad "replacement" kicker. Several touchbacks too.

Also,I think Kiko could be the next Talley.

To play that poorly on both sides of the ball, and still be in it at the end is a testament to the coaching staff. I just wish they had mixed it up a bit more on offense.

2. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (09-23-2013),jpdex12 (09-23-2013),kishoph (09-24-2013),Oaf (09-23-2013),pmoon6 (09-23-2013),Skooby (09-23-2013),X-Era (09-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,492 Times in 7,331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday..

To play that poorly and still be in it is a testament to the Jets.

4. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (09-23-2013),Generalissimus Gibby (09-23-2013),GvilleBills (09-23-2013),Lucidvizion (09-23-2013),SabreEleven (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,917 Times in 5,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I know I'm going to catch hell for this but I saw some real positives yesterday..

Are you on drugs?

One or two kernels of corn in a pile of crap... still taste like crap.

6. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (09-23-2013)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,124 Times in 4,305 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree, yesterday's game would've been a 40 point blow out last season. Wait, it was.

I don't think Buffalo could play much worse, in all phases of the game, than they did yesterday. They still had many chances to win. You can't settle for FGs when your Defense actually makes plays and gives you the ball deep in the opponent's territory.

Red Zone offense was an Achilles's heel yesterday, again.

8. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (09-23-2013)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As I said in another post, the Jets were so dominant against the run it put everything on EJ, which he's not ready for. The Bills were playing for field position and EJ was super (too) cautious with his passes.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Registered User lightningbolt444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why must we compare every player with someone from the 90's?

A qb could always be the next Kelly, RB the next thomas so on and so forth why cant kiko just be kiko?

11. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (09-23-2013),Buffalo Thriller (09-23-2013),kishoph (09-24-2013)

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

coming from you I cant give you hell about that. Your right IMO. And ubtil they take the reigns off of EJ this is what we have to expect from him

Thanks
    Thanked 26,397 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    As I said in another post, the Jets were so dominant against the run it put everything on EJ, which he's not ready for. The Bills were playing for field position and EJ was super (too) cautious with his passes.
    And this is exactly what I feared would happen all off-season: teams stack the box against the run and dare EJ and the inexperienced WR's to beat them. You know every team is going to have 8 in the box and bring heat on passing downs until the Bills prove they can make them pay for doing it.

14. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (09-23-2013)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    And this is exactly what I feared would happen all off-season: teams stack the box against the run and dare EJ and the inexperienced WR's to beat them. You know every team is going to have 8 in the box and bring heat on passing downs until the Bills prove they can make them pay for doing it.
    Yup, for certain Baltimore will, hopefully they can get some designed plays for this in EJ's head for Sunday. And Spiller needs to be better, he wants to be a star in this league he needs to be better than what we saw yesterday. Manuel was bad yesterday but no one was there to help him out either.
    Last edited by The King; 09-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Yup, for certain Baltimore will, hopefully they can get some designed plays for this in EJ's head for Sunday. And Spiller needs to be better, he wants to be a star in this league he needs to be better than what we saw yesterday. Manuel was bad yesterday but no one was there to help him out either.
    I am betting we wont have Spiller for this game and that may actually work in our favor. He is playing awful and not helping this offense at all. Being used wrong is just an excuse GREAT backs like everyone seems to think he is can make something out of nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Spiller looks like a scared child that has a spotlight shone on him without permission.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Seriously, this is Spiller's fault? Dude wasnt in space one yesterday and was met by 2 guys at or before the LOS on almost every handoff. The Bills need to A). Back the defense up some by hitting over the top, and B). Block SOMEONE.

We made their rookie DT and the LBs look like a damn super super super stars. I think I seen a cape sticking out the bottom of one's knickers.

19. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (09-25-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Seriously, this is Spiller's fault? Dude wasnt in space one yesterday and was met by 2 guys at or before the LOS on almost every handoff. The Bills need to A). Back the defense up some by hitting over the top, and B). Block SOMEONE.

We made their rookie DT and the LBs look like a damn super super super stars. I think I seen a cape sticking out the bottom of one's knickers.
    Not saying it is his fault but he should not be getting a pass. He has been playing awful. Against the panthers he was ok on a few runs where he got most of his yardage but he had some really awful plays that he lost a ton of yardage because he was trying to hit the home run.

If he is Elite as many here say he is he should be making somethings happen. He also has not been able to hold onto the ball. He has fumbled 3 times and Multiple other times he has almost lost it while running especially near the sidelines.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,497 Times in 15,583 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    One or two kernels of corn in a pile of crap... still taste like crap.
    True...but if you take the approach that this is basically a 4-12 (crap) team, it shines a different light on the pile, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post

To play that poorly on both sides of the ball, and still be in it at the end is a testament to the coaching staff. I just wish they had mixed it up a bit more on offense.
    are you talking about their coaching staff? From what I saw,only reason we were in it is because their staff tried to give the game to us on a silver plate and we didn't want it. Well at least our Qb "threw" away what they were giving us. They were feeding us penalties and our qb is bulimic.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.

23. Post thanked by:

BleedinGreenNC (09-23-2013),Novacane (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    are you talking about their coaching staff? From what I saw,only reason we were in it is because their staff tried to give the game to us on a silver plate and we didn't want it. Well at least our Qb "threw" away what they were giving us. They were feeding us penalties and our qb is bulimic.
    It could have a been far worse. If Rex wouldnt have given away both those challenges, then we would have challenged the fumble, and the game would have been pretty much over.

25. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (09-23-2013)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

well i guess its always good to look for the positives

so i guess for me it would be that after watching that game i realized kiko alonso is the MVP of the first 18.75% of the season
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I tried like hell to keep the rosé glasses on. I wasn't excited about EJ when we were linked to him predraft, and I screamed at the tv when we picked him. I drank the upside Kool aid and got myself excited. "Maybe he can clean that stuff up at the pro level without the distractions"...nope. What's broken with EJ can't be fixed. He may as well been wearing garnet and gold yesterday.

while I'm at it, get Moats off the ****ing field. Bradham can run 5 yards behind somebody too. At least he has athletic upside.

Marrone needs to start jackknife powerbombing mfers starting wih Hackett.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First of all, this team has no quit in them.

Gailey or Jauron's teams would have quit at halftime. (Be honest)

Second, Manuel can take a hit.

Third, Carpenter isn't a bad "replacement" kicker. Several touchbacks too.

Also,I think Kiko could be the next Talley.

The only people you will catch hell from are the faggits with a loser mentality. Good post.

29. Post thanked by:

kishoph (09-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,917 Times in 5,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

True...but if you take the approach that this is basically a 4-12 (crap) team, it shines a different light on the pile, right?
    I guess... but I'm tired of looking at the same pile of crap for going on two decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    The only people you will catch hell from are the faggits with a loser mentality. Good post.
    Loser mentality... I'm not the one who has been losing for 14 years.