• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

This organization still collectively has their head up their asses

So, at the start of last season, we cut Powell to keep Moorman. Then a month later, we cut Moorman to sign Powell. Then a year later we cut Powell to sign... You guessed it. Brian Moorman.

Meanwhile, we don't put Hopkins on IR, so for 5 weeks we had two roster spots occupied by kickers, even as we had 4 DB's injured. In the Cleveland game, we ran short on DB's, WR's, RB's and QB's. Now, I realize no team can effectively plan for that many injuries, but there is no way to justify being short on 4 positions while carrying an extra kicker.

Then we have the QB cluster****. Cut TJax (after trading a pick for him and never letting him on the field even as Fitz struggled so bad that the team decided to eat a $10 million cap hit rather than keep him), to sign Kolb, only to watch Kolb get injured. And don't tell me they didn't know Kolb would get injured- this board alone is riddled with posts saying Kolb will get injured from months ago. So they go into the season with two rookies at QB... Then they fail to sign Freeman. And I'm no Freeman fan, but he was the least bad option for fixing this mess they created and they couldn't get him.

I know- some of you will say "that was the old regime..." And some of it was. But the QB situation is on the current regime and the way they handled both K and P was eerily reminiscent of the way they were handled last year...

And people wonder why we don't get respect after looking semi-competent for 4 whole games.....
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: This organization still collectively has their head up their asses

Maybe you should work in an NFL front office somewhere

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
      Maybe you should work in an NFL front office somewhere
      Maybe I should. There is no way I could do worse than these assclowns.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

LOL Yea ok

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          So, at the start of last season, we cut Powell to keep Moorman. Then a month later, we cut Moorman to sign Powell. Then a year later we cut Powell to sign... You guessed it. Brian Moorman.
          That is pretty much unspinnable, isn't it? There's nothing that could be said to make that sound like it was done by competent people.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Maybe I should. There is no way I could do worse than these assclowns.
            Just promise us you won't draft any ND QBs.

A lot of smart ND fans who happen to be Bills fans have some weird blinders when it comes to ND players.

Jimmy Clausen is and always was a total dumpster fire.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
              Just promise us you won't draft any ND QBs.

A lot of smart ND fans who happen to be Bills fans have some weird blinders when it comes to ND players.

Jimmy Clausen is and always was a total dumpster fire.
              As was Quinn.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                That is pretty much unspinnable, isn't it? There's nothing that could be said to make that sound like it was done by competent people.
                It re-motivated Moorman, that's all I can come up with.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Meanwhile, we don't put Hopkins on IR, so for 5 weeks we had two roster spots occupied by kickers, even as we had 4 DB's injured. In the Cleveland game, we ran short on DB's, WR's, RB's and QB's. Now, I realize no team can effectively plan for that many injuries, but there is no way to justify being short on 4 positions while carrying an extra kicker.

Then we have the QB cluster****. Cut TJax (after trading a pick for him and never letting him on the field even as Fitz struggled so bad that the team decided to eat a $10 million cap hit rather than keep him), to sign Kolb, only to watch Kolb get injured. And don't tell me they didn't know Kolb would get injured- this board alone is riddled with posts saying Kolb will get injured from months ago. So they go into the season with two rookies at QB... Then they fail to sign Freeman. And I'm no Freeman fan, but he was the least bad option for fixing this mess they created and they couldn't get him.

I know- some of you will say "that was the old regime..." And some of it was. But the QB situation is on the current regime and the way they handled both K and P was eerily reminiscent of the way they were handled last year...

And people wonder why we don't get respect after looking semi-competent for 4 whole games.....
                  That's why I couldn't understand the shameless promotion of the guy.

He's an injury prone sack machine and behind our line that's a death sentence.

Who cares if he had a nice TD/INT ratio his first couple games in AZ last year? If he's injured, we'll never see it anyway.

Which is why I wanted nothing to do with the guy.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                    It's honestly real spinnable. Nix/Gailey vs. Whaley/Marrone. There will yet be more to be upset about. But not Powell who was a terrible punter and it takes a lot to be a terrible punter, vs. Moorman who at the worst is a not bad punter at 85 years old, and who else do you cut besides the groin kicker ? We alll double up when considering groin injuries. You can sign David Carr, Dennis Dixon, Pat White or Trent Edwards or roll a dice on Thad Lewis, but this isn't the season to add the finishing touch to the Super Bowl team so you may as well see if the practice squad guy has a crap to make him worth keeping.

There will be plenty to be upset about later in the year, mostly about Marrones on the job training, but don't waste the angst this early. Levy did a bunch of stupid Levy things for years and it ended up ok.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

The punter thing definitly seems a bit ridiculous. Outside of that my single biggest issue (as recent as the off season) stands to be tagging Byrd and letting Levitre walk. They knew they were going after a QB and everyone knew Williams was better at safety than at corner. Now they struggle at finding a LG to protect their rookie QB and can't get the guy they tagged, the guy that obviously doesn't want to be in Buffalo, to commit to anything.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I'm OK with how the FO and this coaching staff have handled things so far, and only time will tell if the effort eventually produces the results we are hoping for. Except for Op, of course, who would find something to ***** about or rationalize even if the team actually did win four titles in a row.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

I honestly would rather see the Bills pick a member from this board, even someone as emotional as Thurm or Hurkey, to run the team. i have no doubt they could make the team a lot more interesting and enter the playoffs.

I'd totally support Op as a GM of the BIlls.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            I'm OK with how the FO and this coaching staff have handled things so far, and only time will tell if the effort eventually produces the results we are hoping for. Except for Op, of course, who would find something to ***** about or rationalize even if the team actually did win four titles in a row.
                            Anyone who is ok with the cluster**** I just described deserves the losing. You can try to make it about me all you want, but this is blatant incompetence. Of course, it's easier to make it about me than to accept the reality that the "new" staff is making the same mistakes as the old one....
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Anyone who is ok with the cluster**** I just described deserves the losing. You can try to make it about me all you want, but this is blatant incompetence. Of course, it's easier to make it about me than to accept the reality that the "new" staff is making the same mistakes as the old one....
                              I think that at this point YR is just messing with us.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
                              X