Thread: QB transition, who will be out of a job the soonest?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

QB transition, who will be out of a job the soonest?

I mean, there are a lot of QBs that have found some success, but there are a lot of teams that can perhaps consider changing in the next several years.

Eli Manning, Big Ben, Cutler, Schaub, Romo, Vick, and even Tom Brady. Dalton is trying to make a case for a big contract.

I think Schaub is as good as gone after this year, and may never start again.

Vick is done, he will never be a starter again after this year IMO.

I think St. Louis will move on from Bradford next year.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: QB transition, who will be out of a job the soonest?

If Washington resumes flailing, the Rams could easily wind up in position to get their next QB with that pick. Bradford also sucks. So I think that's all be guaranteed.

Schaub is done in Houston. The fans will never trust him again, though I expect he will resurface somewhere else for a season or two ala Kerry Collins.

Manning isn't going anywhere, that's just NY media bluster. Ditto Big Ben and Tom Brady. Romo is locked in by that contract.

Vick and Cutler are the wildcards. Cutler's contract situation could be interesting to watch.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cutler is staying. That offense goes downhill when he's not in.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DynaPaul View Post
    Cutler is staying. That offense goes downhill when he's not in.
    Yet will the Bears give him the contract he might be seeking? As his inability to stay healthy might make them look elsewhere toss in they brought in a new HC this season so he might want a guy to groom or call his own. To me the guys out for sure are Weeden, Gabbert, Shaub, Palmer, Vick (too injury prone), Ponder/Freeman and maybe Cutler.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Yet will the Bears give him the contract he might be seeking? As his inability to stay healthy might make them look elsewhere toss in they brought in a new HC this season so he might want a guy to groom or call his own. To me the guys out for sure are Weeden, Gabbert, Shaub, Palmer, Vick (too injury prone), Ponder/Freeman and maybe Cutler.
    Probably not but I don't think there will be a market for him so he'll stay in Chicago.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DynaPaul View Post
    Probably not but I don't think there will be a market for him so he'll stay in Chicago.
    There will absolutely be a market for Cutler, he'd be the best free agent QB by a mile (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu.../fa.php?y=2014)

Several teams would take a serious look at him: Houston and Cleveland jump off the page.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Schaub and Vick ....next year add the ridiculously overpriced Ryan and Flacco.

Younger Manning, old Big Ben and old Romo, are going nowhere because they have teams that NEED them. Cutler is just good enough to be a maybe (and I think he is gonna get a ring one day), Dalton aggravates me endless but he's going to be a perpetual maybe, and even might be.

Brady...you give him receivers he will shred anyone, but they gave him Amendola (C'mon Bill, you read as much as I do). Bradford needs a Trestman, they gave him a lil Schottzy, like that ever works and why does he still have a job ?

Schaub and Vick's starting days are done this year, Flacco and Ryan next year, with Romo and Big Ben on the hot seat next year. Cutler will be fine wherever he is, younger Manning gets a flyer for a crap year, and if Brady has a prayer of throwing 5 yards or run one, Belichick will consider him least of their problems.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I say EJ after todays performance.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,408 Times in 7,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt it green. Teams don't give up on first round QB's after 1 year even if they should. If Gabbert gets 3 years EJ will get 2. Out of those listed obviously Schaub. Rams may move on from Bradford after his injury.

10. Post thanked by:

BleedinGreenNC (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I doubt it green. Teams don't give up on first round QB's after 1 year even if they should. If Gabbert gets 3 years EJ will get 2. Out of those listed obviously Schaub. Rams may move on from Bradford after his injury.

I agree, i think Schaub and Bradford are gone.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by PTI View Post
    I mean, there are a lot of QBs that have found some success, but there are a lot of teams that can perhaps consider changing in the next several years.

Eli Manning, Big Ben, Cutler, Schaub, Romo, Vick, and even Tom Brady. Dalton is trying to make a case for a big contract.

I think Schaub is as good as gone after this year, and may never start again.

Vick is done, he will never be a starter again after this year IMO.

I think St. Louis will move on from Bradford next year.
    Eli might not be with the Giants for too much longer, but then again as they play in a ****ty division they could still possibly win the division and blunder their way back to a superbowl so he isn't going anywhere. Big Ben is the face of the steelers and as long as his coaching staff is there so is he. Cutler, well he is a journeyman. Schaub? He's probably gone. Romo, overrated as hell but Jerry's ego is much larger than Ralph's and so is his inability to admit a mistake, Romo doesn't go anywhere until he wants to. Vick? He's done, at least for a while. Brady? He will play until he's 40, then he does a Favre/Manning and ends up playing a couple years with another team. Dalton, nope he's a Bengal for a while.