• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Sit Spiller ??

A banged up Spiller is better than a 100% Tashard Choice trying to catch a ball on the run in the flats.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Heard on GR that Spiller may actually be out this week.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Heard on GR that Spiller may actually be out this week.
        I hope that's all a smokescreen and Spiller is doing better than they are letting on.

Comment

• Victor7
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          I hope that's all a smokescreen and Spiller is doing better than they are letting on.

Doubt it. He's really looked hurt the past 2 weeks. I think he's for sunday.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
            Doubt it. He's really looked hurt the past 2 weeks.
            Yeah, he's definitely been hurt...no doubt about that, but that ain't the question. What I'm saying is that maybe he's further on to recovery than what they are letting on. You have Spiller saying he feels better than last week, and you have Marrone saying that he "thinks" Spiller has taken a step back.

I'm saying that I hope it's a smokescreen to keep the Saints guessing, because that sort of thing happens all the time, and that he really WILL play. That's a tactic every team uses, and I hope it applies here.

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
            I think he's for sunday.
            Did you leave a keyword out of this sentence? Out or in?

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              Yeah, he's definitely been hurt...no doubt about that, but that ain't the question. What I'm saying is that maybe he's further on to recovery than what they are letting on. You have Spiller saying he feels better than last week, and you have Marrone saying that he "thinks" Spiller has taken a step back.

I'm saying that I hope it's a smokescreen to keep the Saints guessing, because that sort of thing happens all the time, and that he really WILL play. That's a tactic every team uses, and I hope it applies here.

Did you leave a keyword out of this sentence? Out or in?
              lol

Yeah. OUT

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

the outside drs are supposed to be there to do a determination whether he can play on the ankle without injuring it further. hes already played on it so unless something has changed it would appear those drs gave him the green light as long as he could stand the pain

so i dont understand why marrone is talking about making a decision based on how good spiller looked, unless he looked worse than he did before. if so then that would make spillers comments to the media a bit of his case why hes trying to convince marrone to let him play

do we know if spiller has looked better/worse in practice compared to the last couple weeks practices?
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  do we know if spiller has looked better/worse in practice compared to the last couple weeks practices?
                  Spiller hasn't practiced at all this week. I guess they dressed him today, but he did not participate in individual position drills. He's listed as doubtful right now.

Jackson has seen limited practice the past couple of days.

Comment

• Edward Robinson
                    • Apr 2013

They better he careful regarding Fred Jackson. He is one bad hit from hurting his MCL/ACL

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Edward Robinson View Post
                      They better he careful regarding Fred Jackson. He is one bad hit from hurting his MCL/ACL
                      They probably should just sit both FJax and Spiller this week. Let Choice handle the load this week, he has shown in the past he can handle it, and then re-evaluate both Freddy and CJ Wednesday and see where they're at. If one, or both, is closer to 100% go all out in practice with them for playing next week.

Hopefully with a week of rest both backs or at least one of them is close to healthy for the Chiefs game. Which to me is more important overall than this week's game anyway.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

It's about time they sat him. I've wanted it done for the past two games and had they done it then he would've been healthy by now and our record would be the same. All they did was prolong the injury and possibly make it worse. He wasn't doing us any good coming out of the game after each carry. You know the ankle is bad when he has one touch and needs to come out of the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X