X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Devil's Advocate - Tell me why...

you think the bills will be a playoff team.

Go!
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

:scramble:

LOL

My essay:

The Bills will be a playoff team this year because...

With the addition of Adams, their "holes" on the DL are plugged although not necessarily shored up from a pass-rushing standpoint. Yet, last year's D by year's end was playing at a top-10 or 12 level, so the addition of Adams and powerman Spikes should mean a world of difference. The secondary will improve it's play exponentially as a result of having a decent front 7.

On offense, the only thing that would hurt our playoff chances are if we truly do not become a much more run oriented team. Assuming that the FO's comments about doing that can be taken at face-value, something which I'm still skeptical about, then our offense should ROCK!!!

The combination of Henry and the "new and improved D" will compliment each other so that we have to put the ball in the air much less, hopefully by 20%+ less bringing our attempts down from ~612 to around 450-480.

As well, many of the new additions will help improve our lackluster STs. I expect Gash's biggest contributions to be on STs. Along w/ some of the b/u DBs who we've signed. Expect our STs to vastly improve as well.

Reasons why we may not be a playoff team:

If Drew makes his usual errors in most of our important games again. No team on average wins games w/ their QB making nearly 3 TOs/game while taking 3-4 sacks vice putting up only 1 TD/game to counter!

If we have more than a single L/T injury to our OL.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

I dont know I think gash will see alot of time blocking for henry but I think with crosby learning from centers and now gash he may very well be a Premiere FB.

Comment

• TypicalBill
        • Sep 2002

The additions on Defense will make a huge difference... now we'll actually be able to rush the QB...

Henry will improve and i expect around 1500 yards with less fumbles.

This team will rock!!!!! if only the season could start next week
        For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

We were 8-8 last year with half the defense we have this year. Spikes and Adams will make a huge difference.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
            We were 8-8 last year with half the defense we have this year. Spikes and Adams will make a huge difference.
            But you've lost 1/2 the Offense...I don't know, in this division even with what you've added, you're not guaranteed anything, the Bills and Phins look great on paper, but with this division, the Jets could end up repeat Champions...go figure.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Half the offense? We lost Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, and Larry Centers. Price is a loss but Centers wasn't used as much as he used to be...Gash can fill that role and more and Riemersma is a bit of a loss but Campbell and Moore should fill in nicely.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                Half the offense? We lost Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, and Larry Centers. Price is a loss but Centers wasn't used as much as he used to be...Gash can fill that role and more and Riemersma is a bit of a loss but Campbell and Moore should fill in nicely.
                Ok put this way, Price 1252 yards, Centers 388 yards passing, Riemersma 350 = 1990 tot passing yards =46% of your passing O. Almost 1/2 of you passing O.

Buf tot pasing yards 4364

Reach for the stars

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
                  • Jun 2003

Buffalo is a playoff team.. But the AFC East is very strong.. Miami, Buffalo and Pats will be fighting for division champ and I predict 2 teams from AFC East make the playoffs.. Miami and Buffalo.. But anything can happen, especially with the injury bugs roaming around loooking for someone to bite and it could be any of our respected teams.. Of course, my prediction is based on injury-free season to all teams which of course is not likely..

HURRAH:drinker:

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                    Ok put this way, Price 1252 yards, Centers 388 yards passing, Riemersma 350 = 1990 tot passing yards =46% of your passing O. Almost 1/2 of you passing O.

Buf tot pasing yards 4364

We CAN run the ball as well.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster

We CAN run the ball as well.
                      No that's what you will be attempting to prove this year.:cowboy:

Reach for the stars

Comment

• superbills
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No that's what you will be attempting to prove this year.:cowboy:
                        I'd harldy say that a top 5 RB has something to prove. We've proven we CAN run the ball, we just need to do it MORE.
                        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                        Ronald Reagan
                        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

By the way, the Bills will make the playoffs as one of the NFL's best offensive lines comes of age and Travis Henry gets a chance to show that 1438 was just a mile marker.
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by superbills
                            By the way, the Bills will make the playoffs as one of the NFL's best offensive lines comes of age and Travis Henry gets a chance to show that 1438 was just a mile marker.
                            Seeing what has been going on in the AFC East and seeing that the Bills were swept by the Jets and Patriots, I hardly see the reason for a guarantee such as the one above: "the Bills will make the playoffs".. Bills od have alot to prove and signings just do not do it on paper.. Every team in AFC East has something to prove and guaranteeing a playoff berth doesn't seem logical to me..

HURRAH:drinker:

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by superbills

I'd harldy say that a top 5 RB has something to prove. We've proven we CAN run the ball, we just need to do it MORE.
                              One more gin , TH yardage was a by product of the passing game, this year you will prove if you come out running if you can win by the run, not the pass, as every writer states and lot of you guys talk about, the bills are considered a passing team, the run was only 1/3 of your o last year..ie. Moulds 1200, Price 1200, Reeds 500, Riesemsea 350, Centers 300, TH 300, passing yards, TH 1400 rushing yards...Now I ask which did you have more of and by how much? When you can get it about 50/50, then we're talk about you being a running team.

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
                              X