Ray Lewis says 4 irreplaceable players to their teams - "exact number" as he said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Ray Lewis says 4 irreplaceable players to their teams - "exact number" as he said

on MNF. Insteresting from a player's perspective, a long time player I may add. I hope he does not include himself.

So one is Aaron Rodgers as they were discussing his injury. I know two no-brainers: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. So who is the last one in his opinion? Drew Brees? Roethlisberger? I didn't hear him mentioning his "exact" 4 players.
  • alnilla
    • Dec 2008

Re: Ray Lewis says 4 irreplaceable players to their teams - "exact number" as he said

hahaha on Ben he's good as gone after this year along with half the coaching staff

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Re: Ray Lewis says 4 irreplaceable players to their teams - "exact number" as he said

Its CJ Spiller, pay the man!! haha jk. Idk if its him but imagine how bad the Vikes would be without AP.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
        Its CJ Spiller, pay the man!! haha jk. Idk if its him but imagine how bad the Vikes would be without AP.
        They've been pretty bad even with AP.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          They've been pretty bad even with AP.
          yea, that's the same reason the rapistburger analogy doesn't work. they're awful with him too
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• alnilla
            • Dec 2008

He probably said himself.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

ruvell martin
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Down here in Steeltown, there is a lot of hate of Ray, and I know many never got over his 2000 murder trial. But you have to respect him as a football player. Yes he's over the top on a lot of things which I dislike (I only know one super star - Polamalu being a perfect gentleman), but I wish there is a Bill player having that kind of talent AND his drive to be where he wanted to be as a football player. Watch Ray's 1st MNF where he talked about the 2000 murder case, I believed him. I know many in this town mocked Lewis for betraying his friends/posse, but I think Ray's right. He needed to stay away from the type of people he had before then. So maybe he went on to have 5 kids from 5 different women, that's a lot better than involved in murders. Even we ordinary guys may have a few girlfriends from teenage to adult men, let alone these star athletes...

Comment

• Homegrown
                  Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                  • Jul 2008

he meant himself .... of course, the average football fan couldn't figure that out ... "hey bud, you said 4 - give me 4"

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Jeff Tuel
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Flynn, oh wait I thought you meant replaceable players.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Big Ben isn't going anywhere after this season. They are doing bad this year but you can't act like he hasn't had tons of success in this league before now. They need to rebuild the team around him. He's a good QB but he isn't an all time great who will carry you to wins by himself.

The only way that Big Ben even has a chance of going anywhere is if the Steelers decided to totally blow up the team and start from scratch. If that's the case then they will draft a rookie in the first round next year.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                          Big Ben isn't going anywhere after this season. They are doing bad this year but you can't act like he hasn't had tons of success in this league before now. They need to rebuild the team around him. He's a good QB but he isn't an all time great who will carry you to wins by himself.

The only way that Big Ben even has a chance of going anywhere is if the Steelers decided to totally blow up the team and start from scratch. If that's the case then they will draft a rookie in the first round next year.
                          Honestly I don't know if Roethlisberger has long enough left to play through a rebuild. He's 31 this year, but he's already been sacked 375 times - over a hundred times more than guys like Peyton and Brees who have played far more seasons than him. And that's before you account for all the other hits he takes standing in the pocket forever waiting for a deep ball, or the time he went face first through a windshield without a helmet. I honestly think he's got maybe 2-3 years of solid play in him and IMO it's hard to justify playing him 36 million over the next two years while that team sorts themselves out.

If I was Pitt, I'd explore dealing him in the offseason to an NFC team like the Bears, Cardinals, Rams, or Bucs

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

If Pittsburgh can get their OL healthy and respectable again along with adding some young fresh blood with some of the defense then they could be a solid team very fast. They wouldn't be Super Bowl contenders but could still be a respectable team that could make the playoffs.

It all depends if they decided to totally blow the team up and start over or make some tweaks to their defense along with adding an OL and getting the rest healthy for once. Their OL is their biggest problem and their defense is old and slow for the most part.

I doubt they will get rid of Big Ben after this season. The only way that will happen is if there's a QB in the first round they really feel could be a franchise QB. If they didn't go that route then they would still be wise to maybe get one in the 2nd round if one fell in a deep QB class. I guess it all depends on how they feel about Landry Jones for the long haul.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Look how bad the Bears D is now without Urlacher.

But I still think the 4th guy is also a QB. Probably Brees.

Comment

Working...
                              X