X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediMindPowers
    • Jan 2009

Marrone Getting Off Too Easy

Ok, so EJ totally blew today, thats obvious and there are number of threads on that very topic.

But I honestly think Marrone is the worst gameday coach I have ever seen. I can't believe he punted it in the 4th when we were down, I won't even get into the rest of the season and his boneheaded calls.

And what the hell is it with the offense not calling any screen plays for Spiller and Jackson. With those two RBs, the screen should be our go to play. We should be running screens until other teams stop us. Instead, what the hell is Hackett doing? Hackett is a total freakin' loser, Marrone is in over his head and you know what?

Most Bills fans predicted Marrone would be horrible. And surprise, surprise Marrone is a total fail.

Yes EJ deserves a lot of the blame but Marrone, Hackett and OBD deserve waaay more. And when I mean more, I mean waaay waaay more. Don't go easy on the coaching staff. Don't go easy on Russ Brandon either. Brandon is the reason why Marrone was hired....they both sat on some freakin committee together in Syracuse. Total freakin idiocy.

Dont let these guys off the hook. Especially Russ 'I don't know anything about football' Brandon. Russ does not give two ****s about winning football. And what makes me mad is this douche has more power at OBD than the people who actually know what they're doing.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marrone Getting Off Too Easy

Originally posted by JediMindPowers View Post
    Ok, so EJ totally blew today, thats obvious and there are number of threads on that very topic.

But I honestly think Marrone is the worst gameday coach I have ever seen. I can't believe he punted it in the 4th when we were down, I won't even get into the rest of the season and his boneheaded calls.

And what the hell is it with the offense not calling any screen plays for Spiller and Jackson. With those two RBs, the screen should be our go to play. We should be running screens until other teams stop us. Instead, what the hell is Hackett doing? Hackett is a total freakin' loser, Marrone is in over his head and you know what?

Most Bills fans predicted Marrone would be horrible. And surprise, surprise Marrone is a total fail.

Yes EJ deserves a lot of the blame but Marrone, Hackett and OBD deserve waaay more. And when I mean more, I mean waaay waaay more. Don't go easy on the coaching staff. Don't go easy on Russ Brandon either. Brandon is the reason why Marrone was hired....they both sat on some freakin committee together in Syracuse. Total freakin idiocy.

Dont let these guys off the hook. Especially Russ 'I don't know anything about football' Brandon. Russ does not give two ****s about winning football. And what makes me mad is this douche has more power at OBD than the people who actually know what they're doing.

LOL. He's not even the worst in Bills history. Not to defend him. I'm neutral on him so far. He's had the team playing hard every game till today. I don't like some of his challenges. Don't like the Hackett hire. Hated that punt today. I agree punting at their 36 down by 14 was like saying WE QUIT! He's a rookie too. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet. Not even close.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

I sank into numb and apathetic today, I'll think about it in a few more weeks. Until then I don't want to.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Could we get off the screen pass thing already? They won't work until we have a downfield passing game - you need to have receivers running deep to pull the DBs away while the pass rushers are more concerned with getting to the QB than accounting for the halfback slipping into the flat.

As it stands, all the defense is doing is sitting in short zones and waiting for EJ to throw the 3 yard crossing route, which is all he ever does when he's confused. So they see the linemen slipping out to set up the screen and then they blow it up.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

I wasted another 1200 bones on these **** sucking losers and I'll do it again next year because I'm mildly ******ed. Marrone and Hackett suck.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

My biggest worry out of Marrones hires was his ST coordinator Danny Crossman. His resume shows that his st unit gets worse the longer he stays and the same is happening here. Our st blows. If Marrone doesn't fix this, its all on his head
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              Could we get off the screen pass thing already? They won't work until we have a downfield passing game - you need to have receivers running deep to pull the DBs away while the pass rushers are more concerned with getting to the QB than accounting for the halfback slipping into the flat.

As it stands, all the defense is doing is sitting in short zones and waiting for EJ to throw the 3 yard crossing route, which is all he ever does when he's confused. So they see the linemen slipping out to set up the screen and then they blow it up.
              Screen game was fine with Gailey and no downfield attack. Design is **** with the new staff, some coaches just do a better job at dialing up the screen game, Gailey was good at it, Andy Reid is good at it.

with that said, screen game won't pull this offense out of the gutter, it didn't with Gailey. Just masks your real flaw, your QB. Lets look at the chiefs and the screen game Reid utilizes, all done to hide the fact that Alex Smith can't do **** 15 yards down the field.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                I wasted another 1200 bones on these **** sucking losers and I'll do it again next year because I'm mildly ******ed. Marrone and Hackett suck.
                Most Honest of the Month.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                  Screen game was fine with Gailey and no downfield attack. Design is **** with the new staff, some coaches just do a better job at dialing up the screen game, Gailey was good at it, Andy Reid is good at it.

with that said, screen game won't pull this offense out of the gutter, it didn't with Gailey. Just masks your real flaw, your QB. Lets look at the chiefs and the screen game Reid utilizes, all done to hide the fact that Alex Smith can't do **** 15 yards down the field.
                  Fitz did throw downfield, he was just bad at it. He was also better in the short game, which allowed his short throws to lead to YAC, and the defenses accordingly needed to respect his arm more than they do EJs. When I say downfield passing, it doesn't have to be a bomb on a go route to Goodwin, it just has to make the defense concerned enough about guys getting behind them.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

I always thought so and now you just made it obvious. I mean who in their right mind would even think of doing that ? It's ridiculous. Good for you.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

The decision to punt was horrible. Just horrible. I still think Marrone has done some good things (more so than the coaches before him), but there's still a lot I disagree with and that's one of them.

Reminds me of earlier in the year against the Patriots (I think it was them), we had a 4th and 1 or 2 on their 40 yard line. He punted. A few plays later, they were back at their own 40 yard line. What was the point? To make them exert a little more effort to simply get to where they would be anyway? Just go for it, it's not like you're winning the game anyway. Show some life.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        I always thought so and now you just made it obvious. I mean who in their right mind would even think of doing that ? It's ridiculous. Good for you.
                        I keep doing it because I know that the one year that I don't buy season tickets, will be the one year they are good. So basically it's my fault the Bills are pathetic losers every year.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                          Fitz did throw downfield, he was just bad at it. He was also better in the short game, which allowed his short throws to lead to YAC, and the defenses accordingly needed to respect his arm more than they do EJs. When I say downfield passing, it doesn't have to be a bomb on a go route to Goodwin, it just has to make the defense concerned enough about guys getting behind them.
                          I know what you're getting at but it's the design more than anything else. When a defense loads the box there are two general ways to constrain them from blitzing or attacking up field, hitting him deep or screen them up, we're not doing either effectively right now.

Alex Smith is another QB that doesn't threaten defense, but Reid is so good at designing screens that they're still able to execute.

Whatever, we all know what the real problem is, QB #1

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

In the executive board room and One Bills Drive Russ Brandon is his sitting in his posh leather chair with his feet kicked up and laughing at you.

russ-brandon.jpg

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

^^hahahaha

Marrone seems better than the last few hires, on the surface anyway, but we still have a bad QB situation, one he created, still bad in the redzone, still underutilize our best player, and we are still a poorly disciplined team that takes terrible penalties.

penalties piss me off the most, all he talks about is discipline yet we find ourselves near or at the bottom once again.

Comment

Working...
                              X