NEWS FLASH: EJ WAS A FORTH ROUND GRADE ON MOST BOARDS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soapman
    • Jan 2008

NEWS FLASH: EJ WAS A FORTH ROUND GRADE ON MOST BOARDS!!!

Why are we all SO surprised he sucks? He plays the way you would expect a 4th round type BACKUP QB should play when forced to start. The fact that so many drank the cool aid is astonishing to me. There just is no real evidence nor has there ever been that he was, is, or will be ready to be a "franchise" QB. I said this from the beginning, he was a huge reach, and we will pay for it because we will be tied to him for at least another year...or TWO.

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: NEWS FLASH: EJ WAS A FORTH ROUND GRADE ON MOST BOARDS!!!

You saw all the team's boards? Your an insider?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Originally posted by soapman View Post
      Why are we all SO surprised he sucks? He plays the way you would expect a 4th round type BACKUP QB should play when forced to start. The fact that so many drank the cool aid is astonishing to me. There just is no real evidence nor has there ever been that he was, is, or will be ready to be a "franchise" QB. I said this from the beginning, he was a huge reach, and we will pay for it because we will be tied to him for at least another year...or TWO.
      This thread is a terrible reach.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Some people who know football said EJ conned his way into the first round. Looks like they were right.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
          You saw all the team's boards? Your an insider?
          We saw the Cowboys' board and that's where they had him FWIW.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
            • Mar 2004

I may be in the minority here but this team is still looking for its next QB. Hes got 6 more game to prove otherwise. Nice guys finish last.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              Some people who know football said EJ conned his way into the first round. Looks like they were right.
              i wouldn't say "conned" i'd say he was destined for the first round because he has all the things people who don't actually watch college football value in a prospect. And there are a shocking number of front office folks in the nfl who don't watch college football. I knew just looking at the kid at FSU he was destined for round one... cause i knew there would be one team out there controled by a coach or gm who couldn't care less about actually watching college football who'd fall in love with him in a workout or combine or bowl game, and then glance at his measurables and tada! round 1 pick

BTW: remember EJ was the standout QB at the senior bowl. That just cinched his round 1 status.

the shame of it is it had to be the bills who were one of those teams who had someone important in their FO who doesn't watch college football who fell in love with the kid.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• jills
                • Oct 2009

I didn't like him coming out and I still don't like him now. We were the only team stupid enough to draft a QB in the 1st round this year.

This team just loves wasting 1st rounders on crappy players.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

If he looks like this at this point next year, you have a cause for concern.

At this point, it's message board fodder.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                    i wouldn't say "conned" i'd say he was destined for the first round because he has all the things people who don't actually watch college football value in a prospect. And there are a shocking number of front office folks in the nfl who don't watch college football. I knew just looking at the kid at FSU he was destined for round one... cause i knew there would be one team out there controled by a coach or gm who couldn't care less about actually watching college football who'd fall in love with him in a workout or combine or bowl game, and then glance at his measurables and tada! round 1 pick
                    Really? You don't think the Bills have watched any of his college games?

Some of you guys are just getting ridiculous.

BTW: remember EJ was the standout QB at the senior bowl. That just cinched his round 1 status.

the shame of it is it had to be the bills who were one of those teams who had someone important in their FO who doesn't watch college football who fell in love with the kid.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      not to defend EJ too much after that putrid showing, but the cowboys also put 100MM into Tony romo winning it all for them. their decision making is suspect.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I'd be interested to ever see what Whaley thought of the QB class compared to Nix. We'll never get to see that but if his decision to pick Manuel matched Nix then we have the first thing to possible be concerned about with Whaley.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• starrymessenger
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I'd be interested to ever see what Whaley thought of the QB class compared to Nix. We'll never get to see that but if his decision to pick Manuel matched Nix then we have the first thing to possible be concerned about with Whaley.
                          I have high expectations for Whaley but you are right. He has done a great sales job to the fanbase on EJ, and that has worried me, but I've tried to make myself feel better in wanting to think that EJ was not his pick. It would be great to know whether this was more Buddy than Dougie. Of course we will never know.

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            The Cowboys spent $100 million on Romo so I'd guess every QB in the draft this year was in their 4th-5th round board
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              We'll find out this offseason, if he was never sold on EJ and he continues to play the way he has, then we'll be drafting a QB once again.

Comment

Working...
                              X