• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Let's Shut Down The Weekly ****** Roller Coaster Of Emotion

...and finally realize this is a first year coach with a first year raw QB. In addition, all new schemes and a roster obviously short of several key starters.

I have no idea how this will look in 3 years but Marrone gets at least that to show if this train is traveling down the right tracks. Homer left the station a long time ago.

The Marrone Bills are basically 20 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I've never seen. To make conclusions now means nothing.

I predicted 6 wins during an obvious rebuilding year and I'm probably in the right neighborhood. I'm sure I have plenty of company there.

I get it. Winning is great. Losing sucks. Balanced observations, both positive and critical are very good reads.

Blame is short sighted and reactionary. It paints quite the picture. A pox on all idiotic twitter thoughts, which this place is overrun with.

Just watch the progression. The rebuild just started and this coming off-season should see a large turnover, the norm for a coach after year 1.

Quit telling me how this ends, based on what Chan, Jauron or other bad coaches tried. It doesn't apply.

Watch and select the right popcorn. It's a long ride.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Let's Shut Down The Weekly ****** Roller Coaster Of Emotion

At times I throw them under the bus but I think that just amounts to frustration, knowing its a work in progress and seeing it not look like complete **** today I'm willing to wait it out and keep my expectations low for now.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Great movie analogy... couldn't agree more.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Bingo. These gameday threads are horrendous. I read them now and then and just cringe at the reactionary bull****. Everyone acts like they have to have bold, concrete opinions on every single play as though it were the most important event in Bills history.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          ...and finally realize this is a first year coach with a first year raw QB. In addition, all new schemes and a roster obviously short of several key starters.

I have no idea how this will look in 3 years but Marrone gets at least that to show if this train is traveling down the right tracks. Homer left the station a long time ago.

The Marrone Bills are basically 20 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I've never seen. To make conclusions now means nothing.

I predicted 6 wins during an obvious rebuilding year and I'm probably in the right neighborhood. I'm sure I have plenty of company there.

I get it. Winning is great. Losing sucks. Balanced observations, both positive and critical are very good reads.

Blame is short sighted and reactionary. It paints quite the picture. A pox on all idiotic twitter thoughts, which this place is overrun with.

Just watch the progression. The rebuild just started and this coming off-season should see a large turnover, the norm for a coach after year 1.

Quit telling me how this ends, based on what Chan, Jauron or other bad coaches tried. It doesn't apply.

Watch and select the right popcorn. It's a long ride.
          Thanks for the lecture.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

postgame hysterics are one of my favorite things. sunday nights and mondays are either irrational exhubance or jump off a cliff day
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

I always read through the game day threads after the game is over.

They are hilarious.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                Bingo. These gameday threads are horrendous. I read them now and then and just cringe at the reactionary bull****. Everyone acts like they have to have bold, concrete opinions on every single play as though it were the most important event in Bills history.
                I call it "Die-Hard Fanism." If they didn't care they wouldn't be on this board posting.

Comment

• split71
                  • Jul 2006

Why is this coaching staff better than the previous staffs?

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

I agree as long as it also goes for the people who claim everyone is good and the team will contend after every win. They are just as bad as the ones who claim the team won't go anywhere after every loss.

It's fine to celebrate the good things and point out the bad things from each game. To act like either one of them is determining the next year or two is asinine. We see it after every win or loss though. Now next year will be a different story though.

Comment

• EricStratton
                      • Jul 2002

Game day and game night frustration/drunk threads are understandable. It's the stuff on a Tuesday afternoon that makes my hair hurt.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        Thanks for the lecture.

Get so tired of these kinds of threads. Fans are emotional because they care. Most of us anyway. There are a couple who just seem to be trying to get under others skin.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

We will be the healthiest we've been all year in Toronto.
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                            Game day and game night frustration/drunk threads are understandable. It's the stuff on a Tuesday afternoon that makes my hair hurt.

Yep. I get pretty emotional during the games. About an hour after the game I come back to earth and agree with pretty much everything the Night Train posted. I just don't care for the lectures.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Not sure there will actually be as large of a turnover as you might expect. They've been taking care of some of that business right thru the season instead of waiting until Jan-Feb.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X