X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Get Rid of Series #3: Stevie Johnson

Johnson is a 7th round pick that we developed into a 1000 yard receiver. On most teams that would be a wild success story but here we need to ship him out because he's not elite.

He's overpromoted and needs to be a #2, and I'd certainly talk to him strongly about a restructure, but I certainly wouldn't deal him away.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by alnilla View Post
      The last three years he had 1,000 yards seasons!! Give him a break name any other Bills Receiver that had that kind of production without Jim Kelly as QB.

Stop being a grade A *******
      And along with those 1000 yards, he also had key drops that cost us games and immature celebration and delay of game penalties.

This is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fan have accepted mediocrity. We always have to settle for second best.

Why can't we have a 1000 yard receiver who doesn't have the drops and the penalties? Why can't we have a 1000 yard receiver who helps out the young QB instead of having his worst season, fumbling away one game and having a ball go off his hands for an int in the next game?

We should demand more of Stevie. We should demand more of our FO, because there are WR's out there who put up Stevie numbers or better without the BS.

But no- instead you attack me- you shoot the messenger while defending a guy who has consistently hurt the team.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

London Fletcher's mother committed suicide while he played here, you didn't see him acting like a pussy.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
          Something about dumping on a man after his mother just died doesn't sit well with me...
          No one's dumping on the guy because his mother died. Most of us were dumping on him since long before that. Some of you seem to have this bizarre notion that his mother dying has something to do with his lack of performance. It doesn't, because Sunday was fR from the first time Stevie pulled that type of nonsense.

I don't know why people insist on making excuses for this guy . This week it's his mom. Before that, it's the refs or the coaches or the QB or the lack of receiving options or the defender making a good play, but somehow Stevie's always the center of it but never has to take responsibility for his performance.

Oh the 1000 yard seasons- Stevie did those himself. The coaches and the QB and the refs don't get the credit. But they sure do get the blame when Stevie inevitably ****s up.....

Keep on giving Stevie a free pass. Keep on blaming everyone but him for his ****-ups. But expect to keep losing because you can't do the same thing oven and over and expect different results.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
            London Fletcher's mother committed suicide while he played here, you didn't see him acting like a pussy.
            No, but you did see fans pushing for us to dump him because he wasn't elite.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              No, but you did see fans pushing for us to dump him because he wasn't elite.
              And it took til this year to successfully replace him.

So dump Stevie and maybe 5 years from now a legitimate replacement will be added.

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                No one's dumping on the guy because his mother died. Most of us were dumping on him since long before that. Some of you seem to have this bizarre notion that his mother dying has something to do with his lack of performance. It doesn't, because Sunday was fR from the first time Stevie pulled that type of nonsense.

I don't know why people insist on making excuses for this guy . This week it's his mom. Before that, it's the refs or the coaches or the QB or the lack of receiving options or the defender making a good play, but somehow Stevie's always the center of it but never has to take responsibility for his performance.

Oh the 1000 yard seasons- Stevie did those himself. The coaches and the QB and the refs don't get the credit. But they sure do get the blame when Stevie inevitably ****s up.....

Keep on giving Stevie a free pass. Keep on blaming everyone but him for his ****-ups. But expect to keep losing because you can't do the same thing oven and over and expect different results.
                What are you even blabbing about? When did I say people were dumping on him because his mother died? And where did I use the death of his mother as an excuse for his poor performance?

Stevie probably needs to go, but you don't think a thread bashing him after losing his mother isn't in poor taste?

Comment

• ThunderGun
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  Unless they can get him to agree to a huge pay cut to around 6 million a year, I say try to trade him.
                  Well, that huge paycut to 6 mil a year would actually be a slight raise:

Stevie's Contract (includes signing bonus and annual workout bonuses):

2012 - $11.10
                  2013 - $7.33
                  2014 - $5.68
                  2015 - $6.03
                  2016 - $6.13

Comment

• ThunderGun
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    Stevie is a slot WR who is overpaid and may need a change. Certainly not clutch, that's Woods.
                    I think everybody, including the front office, knows that Stevie belongs in the slot. Nix said several times over the last year or two that Stevie is best-suited for the slot, and we drafted 2 WR's in the top 78 picks this year. I think the plan is and has been to have Stevie work primarily out of the slot, where he can be one of the better slot WR's in the game.

I also don't really agree that he is overpaid. About $6 mil a year for a guy on his 2nd contract (and coming off a couple of big seasons) is pretty reasonable, IMO.
                    Last edited by ThunderGun; 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Bangarang
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ThunderGun View Post
                      Well, that huge paycut to 6 mil a year would actually be a slight raise:

Stevie's Contract (includes signing bonus and annual workout bonuses):

2012 - $11.10
                      2013 - $7.33
                      2014 - $5.68
                      2015 - $6.03
                      2016 - $6.13
                      I think you're mistaken.

ThUiYZ3.png

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

I think you're mistaken.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16722[/ATTACH]
                        He is, but the important thing to notice is that we don't see any cap savings from cutting or trading him until 2015.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

He is, but the important thing to notice is that we don't see any cap savings from cutting or trading him until 2015.
                          Well, I think both are just educated guesses anyway. In any event, Stevie is having a down year, but his contract was not excessive.

If the Bills could get a 2nd rnd pick for him, fine trade him because unlike what Mitch says, I think the Bills have a GOOD WR group.

I don't know that they could get a 2nd for him though & I would not trade him for less than that.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Well, I think both are just educated guesses anyway.
                            I doubt that, I think that Rotoworld is likely just ignoring bonuses that Stevie is not likely to earn. I'm sure there's bonuses in there if he leads the league in receiving yards or wins MVP or some craziness. There usually is.

If the Bills could get a 2nd rnd pick for him, fine trade him because unlike what Mitch says, I think the Bills have a GOOD WR group.

I don't know that they could get a 2nd for him though & I would not trade him for less than that.
                            I think it is an ok group with Steve. I think if you subtract him, then we're back to the situation where everybody is promoted one spot too far. I think we add one more guy to be our #1 possession type and we're in good shape.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I doubt that, I think that Rotoworld is likely just ignoring bonuses that Stevie is not likely to earn. I'm sure there's bonuses in there if he leads the league in receiving yards or wins MVP or some craziness. There usually is.

I think it is an ok group with Steve. I think if you subtract him, then we're back to the situation where everybody is promoted one spot too far. I think we add one more guy to be our #1 possession type and we're in good shape.
                              Well, I doubt anyone outside the Bills & Stevie's agent know all the details of the contract. I doubt Stevie earns any bonus money this year.

If Stevie were traded, he would need to be replaced with a draft pick or FA because I agree with you about that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

What are you even blabbing about? When did I say people were dumping on him because his mother died? And where did I use the death of his mother as an excuse for his poor performance?

Stevie probably needs to go, but you don't think a thread bashing him after losing his mother isn't in poor taste?
                                No, it's not, because the thread has nothing to do with his mother.

It has to do with his performance (or lack thereof) on the football field.

I'm sorry that he lost his mom and I hope he and his family get through this tough time, but it's not going to stop me from commenting honestly on his play. The two things are unrelated.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X