• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Get Rid of Series #3: Stevie Johnson

With Woods emerging and Goodwin looking promising, I think it's time to see what they can get for him via trade. He's not bad, but I think he's had more than enough time to establish himself as elite. He's not. He just doesn't step up like a #1 should/does when it counts. That, and he's shown to be injury prone. I know folks are going to say "get rid of a proven commodity is what Bills do best" but IMO, it's time.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Get Rid of Series #3: Stevie Johnson

Shut up dude. His mom died.

That gets him off the hook for not coming through for the last 3 years.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

I was a huge supporter of him for years but I don't see him changing. He is not the type of person I think will help this team win games. He is a total basket case. Unless they can get him to agree to a huge pay cut to around 6 million a year, I say try to trade him.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 12-15-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Get rid of him and Kenny "The Savior" Easley.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Get rid of him and Kenny "The Savior" Easley.
          Kenny retired in 1987. Marcus can only tackle on ST's and can't catch.

Lots of changes coming this off-season and it will determine if Marrone will last more than 2 years but he gets the benefit of the doubt. Watch your roster year 1 and see who can win for you, then make changes.

Stevie is a slot WR who is overpaid and may need a change. Certainly not clutch, that's Woods.

I'll let the off-season play out and the moves will speak for themselves.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I'd leave Marcus on the squad for his ST ability alone. He's a big part of Top 10 kickoff return number.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Stevie isn't going anywhere this offseason, get used to it. But do expect us to target the top WRs in FA and draft one early. If we can move Stevie into the slot, he can get 80 catches a year.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Kenny retired in 1987. Marcus can only tackle on ST's and can't catch.

Lots of changes coming this off-season and it will determine if Marrone will last more than 2 years but he gets the benefit of the doubt. Watch your roster year 1 and see who can win for you, then make changes.

Stevie is a slot WR who is overpaid and may need a change. Certainly not clutch, that's Woods.

I'll let the off-season play out and the moves will speak for themselves.
                Stevie is not clutch, but he is not overpaid either.

He is making the money a starter in his 2nd contract should make.

I doubt the Bills could get value in a trade for him & see no reason to give him away for nothing.

Comment

• YankeeInRaleigh
                  • Aug 2012

Why so serious? It's because everyone around you IS AT WORK, Stevie. People tend to be serious when they're at work, and want to do their work well. But don't worry, no one's thinking about the balls you drop every game.
                  www.stainsandgrains.etsy.com
                  Handmade wooden art from N.C.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

He's overpaid because he doesn't perform like a starter on his second contract.

And the reason to give him away for nothing is to get his salary off the books and put it toward someone who will live up to their cap hit.

But, like I said before, despite my reservations about Stevie I hesitate to get rid of him. For all his limitations, he's still better than any WR on this team with the possible exception of Woods, and I don't trust the FO to properly replace him. It seems like another situation where they'd "replace" him by either simply bumping everyone else one step up on the depth chart, or signing a third- rate FA who was a back up on his previous team to be a starter here.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                      • Aug 2012

I'd be ok with getting rid of Johnson once Woods and Goodwin ACTUALLY become elite players. As it stands, they have 50 receptions, 750 yards, and 6 TDs between them in their career.

He's the 15th highest paid WR in the league and (aside from this year) since 2010, he has been between 11-19 every year in yards and receptions. If he was clutch, you could probably tack on at least 2 or 3 mil a year onto his contract. He is what he is. A guy that commands attention from the CB1, but a guy that you don't want to throw to with the game on the line.

I love these "get rid of series." Byrd, Mario Williams, and Johnson.

How about we start to upgrade our crappy players rather than worrying about the guys who make too much money?

Comment

• alnilla
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Shut up dude. His mom died.

That gets him off the hook for not coming through for the last 3 years.

The last three years he had 1,000 yards seasons!! Give him a break name any other Bills Receiver that had that kind of production without Jim Kelly as QB.

Stop being a grade A *******

Comment

• Bangarang
                          • Sep 2010

Something about dumping on a man after his mother just died doesn't sit well with me...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Goodwin hasn't done **** yet.

This coaching staff still gives Graham more targets/reps than Goodwin, and yet he's somehow emerged in your mind. What a ****ing awful franchise.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

if there was no warning at all for his moms passing (ie being sick or having a chronic health problem) then stevies gonna have a super rough time for a while. his pain is going to turn him into a different man which should be obvious by the time next season rolls around. even though football is just entertainment to us its his career and he will have the opportunity to throw himself into his work. hes already a good not great player, and this kind of thing might be what transforms him into the player weve all been hoping for

if so, we might already have all we need at the position on the roster. woods is already wr1, stevie would be an excellent compliment, and goodwin is the burner. sure they will try to add to the position perhaps even using their top pick if a stud is available, but they could go into next season with what they have and be fine. its up to ej and hackett to improve the rest of the offense to the point that will make the guys they have more effective
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X