Thread: Another Championship

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Another Championship

I play in a couple highly competitive leagues with hadsome payouts. I just wanted to come here and gloat since I can't stop patting myself on the back for my achievements this year.

Earlier in the year our long time baseball fantasy league wiped the slate clean and we started a dynasty league for the first time. Through 2 months of the season I was dead last. Things went on the upswing after that and I managed to win 11 out of 13 matchups to get the 6th seed in the playoffs despite losing the last week of the regular season. I went on to beat the 3 seed, who was the defending champ from the year before, then went on to beat the 2 seed to get into the championship where I eventually beat the 1 seed by a single in the last night game played in the championship matchup.

Then football comes around. I was the worst team again, 6 weeks into the season. I traded my best player (Brees) and built a more solid lineup with the package of players I received for him. After some very close games, I found myself making the playoffs as the 6th seed despite losing the last week of the regular season. In round one I played the 3 seed who was 10-3 in the regular season and was also the defending champion from the year before, and beat him. I moved on to the 2 seed and crushed him even though he was 11-2 in the regular season. Next up was the championship game vs the 1 seed who was also 11-2 in the regular season and it was a serious David vs Goliath situation.

In the first round of the playoffs I won despite losing Gronk and Welker mid game. I won in the second round by replacing those two with Jordan Todman and Cordarelle Patterson. They combined for 24 points. So in the championship, the lineups were as follows:

Me:-------------------------Opponent:
    Brady @ Balt-------------Kaepernick Vs Atl
    CJ2K @ Jac--------------Mccoy Vs Chicago
    Chris Ivory VS Cle--------- Forte @ Phi
    Aj Green Vs Min----------Antonio Brown @ GB
    C. Patterson @ Cin-------Keenan Allen Vs Oak
    M. Ball @ Hou------------D. Murray @ Wsh
    J. Bell Vs NYG------------R. Bush Vs NYG
    Bills D Vs Mia-------------Browns D @ Jets
    Novak Vs Oak-------------Dawson Vs Atl

So our league doesn't require a tight end position, instead we have two flex spots that are RB/WR/TE so you aren't forced to start a clown TE. His matchups were so perfect, you couldn't seem to want better, but I ended up winning 128 to 103. Even after I lost two of my best players, I managed to stay on top with free agent additions the likes of Cordarelle Patterson and Jordan Todman. I picked up both players off waivers after my first round injuries.

We have been playing both leagues for 10 years now. Nobody has ever been to both championships in one year, let alone win both of them, until I did it this year. So I wanted to share because it's pretty amazing to have these bragging rights in such active and competitive leagues. Not to mention I won a couple thousand dollars! And the similarities between my baseball season and my football season are pretty mind boggling. Felt like destiny. All in all, best fantasy year ever!

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Buffalogic; 12-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.