Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bortles Declares for 2014 Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bortles Declares for 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It would probably be more beneficial to the conversation for you to spend some time researching A)All of the 'can't miss' QB college prospects that failed miserably in the NFL and B)All of the rookie QB's that actually played like rookies their first season.

Only a dumbass would draft a QB in the first round and then turn around and get another one the very next season in the first without giving him a chance to learn the game at this level.
    It depends on how bad that rookie QB looked and who the QB you're talking about was. If there was an Andrew Luck type prospect then you would have to take him. There isn't so I don't see where taking another QB in the first round this year would be a good idea. Plus a couple of them will probably be off the board by then. I wouldn't be opposed to somebody in the 3rd round at the earliest if the right guy was there though.

Many were calling me crazy several years ago when I figured the Panthers would take Newton. They said the same thing except that Clausen was a 2nd round pick and not a first. They said there was no way they would spend the #1 pick in the draft on a QB after drafting Clausen in the 2nd round the year before. Thank god for them they didn't go by that thinking.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    It depends on how bad that rookie QB looked and who the QB you're talking about was. If there was an Andrew Luck type prospect then you would have to take him. There isn't so I don't see where taking another QB in the first round this year would be a good idea. Plus a couple of them will probably be off the board by then. I wouldn't be opposed to somebody in the 3rd round at the earliest if the right guy was there though.

Many were calling me crazy several years ago when I figured the Panthers would take Newton. They said the same thing except that Clausen was a 2nd round pick and not a first. They said there was no way they would spend the #1 pick in the draft on a QB after drafting Clausen in the 2nd round the year before. Thank god for them they didn't go by that thinking.
    Granted...hopefully the football gods see to it that EJ doesn't become the Bills' version of Clausen.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IF Bortles fell to the Bills at #9, do you take him?

Answer: resounding YES.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bortles >> Manuel

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought for a moment he'd declared again for the same draft he was already drafted in.

Only way I see Bortles succeeding is if he has a primary target named James for Bortles & James. Technically, Tuel had a better preseason as a rookie than Bortles has so far so you might be getting a wee bit ahead of yourself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not at all.

7. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-26-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Not at all.
    Assuming you mean Tuel vs. Bortles in preseason. Went back and looked it up, you are of course correct, my bad.