Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiper's top ten

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kiper's top ten

Also, no QB in his top 3 is a good sign for us:
    Clowney, Barr, Mathews, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, ebron, bridgewater, bortles and Jernigan are his top ten

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10259549

Thanks
    Thanked 30,659 Times in 17,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Kiper's top ten

Out of that, I'd have to hope Matthews or Robinson dropped, or go off the board. Kind of surprised Jernigan is that high.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen

5. Post thanked by:

better days (01-09-2014),jimmifli (01-09-2014),justasportsfan (01-09-2014),kishoph (01-11-2014),Novacane (01-09-2014),THATHURMANATOR (01-09-2014),ThunderGun (01-09-2014),Uncle Jesse (01-09-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel will go high because they are QB's... regardless of overall rankings.

Hoping the Bills can trade down again, like last year. Need help at multiple positions ( OG,TE,WR,DT,MLB,S )

7. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (01-09-2014),The last buffalo fan (01-09-2014),YardRat (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SquishDaFish View Post
    No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen
    Is that really Skooby?

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If 2 or even 3 QB's go in the top 8, we could see Watkins, Mack, or Barr sitting there at 9.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-09-2014),ThunderGun (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SquishDaFish View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!! No way we take a QB. This just eats up the good position players.

13. Post thanked by:

SquishDaFish (01-09-2014),ThunderGun (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.
    But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Yeah, he's already projecting Manziel to Cleveland at 4 like a lot of others.

There are at least 5 teams in the top 8 that need a qb, so Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, and Carr all going in the top 8 wouldn't be shocking.

16. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.
    This QB draft is 10X stronger than last year. 3 QBs will be taken in top 6. We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.

18. Post thanked by:

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Night Train kind of explained Mitch's reasoning. Teams may draft QBs early due to need, thether or not they are the most elite players available or not. When they do, that means that elite players at other positions drop. I'm not sure that it makes a huge difference myself. If teams draft QBs early, whether they are elite or not, players at other positions will drop. Whether or not the top players in the draft ar QBs doesn't actually affect how good the players are who play at other positions. I suppose if three QBs are drafted in the top eight (Bridgewater and Bortles from Kiper's list, and Manziel-one of the most hyped QBs ever) then at least 3 of Kiper's top 10 list will still be on the board. That could either give Buffalo their choice among the three, or make the #9 spot more attractive for a trade down scenario.

I will assume Clowney, Barr, and Matthews are going to be drafted in the top 8. I suspect Watkins may be as well. That leaves one more will be gone that I can't identify. I really don't think it will be Jernigan. I also don't think Buffalo will be that interested in Jernigan, who strikes me as being a lot like Kyle Williams in terms of his value to a team. If Buffalo does not trade down, I could see them having interest in Mack, (for the versatility that supplements his pure pass rushing ability) Ebron - as the best pure pass catching tight end, and Robinson - who could be a dominant right tackle; and might draft one of tthe two out of that group that are likely still available.

Of course, Kiper's top ten list is likely to change at least 3 or 4 times befor May, and other pundits probably have different top ten lists.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

23. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bleve View Post
    Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.
    I'm almost 100% sure all 5 of those teams will draft QBs. Oak is the best chance to NOT take one but probably will. Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater and Boyd all gone before we pick.

Meaning, we would get the #4 overall best non-QB on the board. Clowney will be gone, Mathews will be gone, Robinson or Watkins will be gone. Leaves us with a ton of top talents to pick from.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love how people are "sure" of how the draft will fall in January.

26. Post thanked by:

Ed (01-09-2014),kishoph (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I love how people are "sure" of how the draft will fall in January.
    Obviously nothing is sure...

Im basing my opinion on history. QBs go early, OTs go early. And with so many teams with huge need at QB its just logic. Also one QB who is considered bottom round 1 top round 2 always goes too early every year. Boyd is that guy this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel will go high because they are QB's... regardless of overall rankings.

Hoping the Bills can trade down again, like last year. Need help at multiple positions ( OG,TE,WR,DT,MLB,S )
    Manziel is short by NFL standards and has some character concerns. A team that takes him in the top 10 is taking a major risk. Most would be foolish to take if it ask me, granted they may reach on Carr instead or Manziel still meaning 3 QBs are gone if so they I think other definite top 10 guys are Clownley, Matthews and Mack. The rest is hard to say but Barr seems like he could be one of them as http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...=articlebottom talks about guys who appear on average in the top 20 and I've bolded I'd want the Bills to take if available:

Teddy Bridgewater - 1.33
    Blake Bortles - 3.16
    Jadeveon Clowney - 3.16
    Jake Matthews - 4.33
    Johnny Manziel - 5.33
    Sammy Watkins - 7.16
    Khalil Mack - 7.66
    Derek Carr - 9 *
    Anthony Barr - 9.5
    Greg Robinson - 10.8 *
    Darqueze Dennard - 11 *
    C.J. Mosley - 12
    Mike Evans - 14.5
    Cyrus Kouandjio - 15.8
    Cedric Ogbuehi - 15.8 *

* Only in five mock drafts

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    This QB draft is 10X stronger than last year. 3 QBs will be taken in top 6. We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.
    Well, there are MANY more potential starting QB's in this draft than last year.

And with all the QB needy teams you can bet that some of them will be drafted high.

But there is no sure fire franchise QB in this draft. Bridgewater is the closest thing to that.

Bridgewater & maybe one or two others may prove to be franchise QB's but that remains to be seen.

I agree the Bills should have a choice between some very good players at #9.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i might not be sure on who the bills pick 9th, but when that guy sucks, we'll all hear how the 8th pick was the guy we REALLY wanted.