Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: panthers lose over 20 mil annually. ask for public funds

SpikedLemonade

Re: panthers lose over 20 mil annually. ask for public funds

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    *rolls eyes*

ok man.

i get it. the sabres suck, everything they do sucks.
    Well, they do suck.

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and just like clockwork the NHL announces this today...What do we have to do to get a draft? The last time the Sabres hosted the draft was in 1996 when the then Marine Midland Arena opened!

Florida Panthers to host 2015 NHL Draft June 26-27

NEW YORK – The Florida Panthers® will host the 2015 NHL Draft™ at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla., the Florida Panthers, Sunrise Sports & Entertainment, and the National Hockey League announced today. Next year's Draft will be held over two days, Friday, June 26 and Saturday, June 27, 2015. NHL club executives, scouts and coaches will be present on the NHL Draft floor while more than 15,000 fans and 500 print, television and radio media are expected to attend.

"On behalf of the entire Florida Panthers organization we are thrilled and honored to welcome the NHL Draft back to the BB&T Center and Broward County," said Panthers President & CEO Michael R. Yormark. "The 2015 NHL Draft will be a spectacular event for this community on a number of levels, bringing significant economic impact and notoriety to Broward County while also giving our fans a glimpse of the future stars of the National Hockey League. I'd like to sincerely thank our local hoteliers, local businesses and the CVB for working closely with the NHL to make this incredible event a reality."
    "Greater Fort Lauderdale is honored to welcome the NHL Draft back to Broward County - the proud home of the Florida Panthers!," said Nicki Grossman, President of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The excitement of this event is made even better by the economic impact of the Draft. Nearly $10 million will be added to our economy and the world will get to see what summer is like here."
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 01-14-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They totally screwed the pooch on that arena for Panther games. They did a tottally unnecessary remodel job which is so opposing team fan unfriendly. You now enter the arena into the proshop. So the first thing that happens is you have to walk through the hangers holding Panther golf polos and hoodies just to get to the main corridor.

On to p of that. They have a monster issue with parking. It is accross the street from the busiest mall in Florida... Sawgrass mills. A few years ago they upped the ticket prices and included free parking to prevent street crossers... Now 2 years ago... crappy attendence even with the built in parking fees... they decide to keep prices the same but now charge 20 to park... Now again they have the street crossers with veilled threats of towing people crossing the street.

Idiots.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    They totally screwed the pooch on that arena for Panther games. They did a tottally unnecessary remodel job which is so opposing team fan unfriendly. You now enter the arena into the proshop. So the first thing that happens is you have to walk through the hangers holding Panther golf polos and hoodies just to get to the main corridor.

On to p of that. They have a monster issue with parking. It is accross the street from the busiest mall in Florida... Sawgrass mills. A few years ago they upped the ticket prices and included free parking to prevent street crossers... Now 2 years ago... crappy attendence even with the built in parking fees... they decide to keep prices the same but now charge 20 to park... Now again they have the street crossers with veilled threats of towing people crossing the street.

Idiots.
    i went in 10-11. right before they changed all the seats. i know its not a big deal, but that arena is so ugly since they replaced the green seats with red. dunno why.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

panthers submitting a new request for tax payer funding.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/07/flori...-new-proposal/

this team is going to be relocated. it is not healthy.

6. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5 years and the NHL is going to steal your shot at McDavid either through rule changes or expansion.

losers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    5 years and the NHL is going to steal your shot at McDavid either through rule changes or expansion.

losers.
    they are going to take all the sabres draft picks and prospects away, not that it matters, they are all busts anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

they are going to take all the sabres draft picks and prospects away, not that it matters, they are all busts anyways.
    Floflo smack aside...

i can can tell you this much, I feel better about where the Sabrea are right now compared to the Leafs.

10. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Floflo smack aside...

i can can tell you this much, I feel better about where the Sabrea are right now compared to the Leafs.
    oh, the floflo smack is all for fun. i hope he knows that.

the sabres have a bright future. its just a little ways off. the leafs. look, i dont like the leafs, so seeing them collapse is kinda enjoyable. but at the same time.... i feel for their fanbase. that team doesnt have much to build with and the current team has major holes. they can do it, but they need to be smart. and they arent right now.

12. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

isn't the new owner of the panthers a High Frequency trading guy whose firm hasn't experienced a losing day in like 4 years? he's printing money. this seems political to get the team moved. That being said, i thought he was a new york guy. and where would he rather move it?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    isn't the new owner of the panthers a High Frequency trading guy whose firm hasn't experienced a losing day in like 4 years? he's printing money. this seems political to get the team moved. That being said, i thought he was a new york guy. and where would he rather move it?
    either he can suck it up and lose money on the team, like many owners, or he can say, wow this isnt working, better try something new. because expecting the public to front the bill for a teams losses is not acceptable.

they already made promises that once the arena is profitable, they would give money back to the county. that county hasnt seen a dime.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is a non issue.

Tax payers always give to the wealthy, Even Mr Pegula get's tax payer money for his companies.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    This is a non issue.

Tax payers always give to the wealthy, Even Mr Pegula get's tax payer money for his companies.
    its very much an issue. how many other professional sports teams have tax payers giving money to teams by a tax increase?

it was already shot down once, itll bomb again. that team is in trouble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

its very much an issue. how many other professional sports teams have tax payers giving money to teams by a tax increase?

it was already shot down once, itll bomb again. that team is in trouble.
    It's no big deal, Every sports team get's tax payer money in some shape or form.

And if you remembered the Forbes list of NHL teams and their values, You would see that half the NHL operates at a loss, Even your Sabres are at the bottom.

And if you remembered the article I posted about the sale of the Panthers at the start of THIS year, You would remember what the comish of the NHL said about the Panthers and relocation.

But hey, You "FEEL" like their something to it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Buffalo Sabres loose money.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lots of teams lose money. not many ask for tax payers to foot the bill for team loses.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lots of sports teams lose money. Lots of sports teams get taxpayer help for venues.

The Panthers are the only team I know of asking the taxpayers to cover operating losses.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

WHen you are talking about losing money... I am pretty sure every pro team has multiple companies included in the big picture... Most when added up make money. The company that deals with operations can show a loss but that is a sliver of the total operation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's no big deal, Every sports team get's tax payer money in some shape or form.

And if you remembered the Forbes list of NHL teams and their values, You would see that half the NHL operates at a loss, Even your Sabres are at the bottom.

And if you remembered the article I posted about the sale of the Panthers at the start of THIS year, You would remember what the comish of the NHL said about the Panthers and relocation.

But hey, You "FEEL" like their something to it.
    http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/539519

You were saying?

23. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,339 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if that were true, wouldnt detroit follow the same formula? detroit teams have some of the highest ticket prices in sports except the pistons, because no one gives a **** about the pistons.
    detroit is like x4 the size of the market buffalo is... and has a giant base of high paid union labor in the city to draw upon. the situation isn't even remotely similar.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!