X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

sabres trade winds blowing

word is that buffalo seeks a first + high prospect for moulson. the first doesnt have to be this year. buffalo is thinking 2015. they are thinking mcdavid.

LA and ottawa are interested in moulson. might be a steep price though. moulsons solid, but....
    Flag of Ukraine.svg
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: sabres trade winds blowing

murray comes to buffalo and then fleeces his uncle. That'd be something, wouldn't it.

but i think a first next year isn't going to help much in getting mcdavid. i don't think a team would give up their top pick overall for two firsts when mcdavid's talent is being bandied about.

and yes, i just assumed that the sabres are going to get a little depth via free agency and end this scoring drought that they've been mired in. I also realize that next year has the potential to be just as bad if we send miller packing.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

So most teams are eyeballing next years draft and want to stockpile picks.. Any team picking out of the Top 5 next year would have to almost give up the farm to get to No.1.. The rumour last year was the Flames offered the Avalanche 2 1st rounders No.22 and No.28 to move from No.6 to No.1 and Patrick Roy never even gave that offer a 2nd thought

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
        • Feb 2013

This kid could also fall right into the Sabres lap http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post3900716

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Dump everyone now for more picks.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
            This kid could also fall right into the Sabres lap http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post3900716
            The tank of all tanks by the Sabres and the Isles... Eichel and McDavid.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

that would be hilarious. we get a nice pick now, then top 2 next season. i would support this.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                Victimizing The Victimizer
                • Aug 2012

The NHL trade deadline is fast approaching and teams have until March 5th to make deals. Trades can be made from now up until February 7th, as that is when the NHL freezes all trade activity for the duration of the Winter Olympics. But in the meantime, one name that many are expecting to hear more and more about as both deadlines near, is Buffalo Sabres veteran Matt Moulson.
                According to both the Ottawa Sun as well as Kings beat writer John Hoven, theOttawa Senators and Los Angeles Kings are the two teams most likely to make offers to Buffalo for Moulson.
                Out of the two, Los Angeles is the team most likely to land Moulson as they have the money to make it happen as well as a dire need for production out of their left wingers. Ottawa has started making it known they’d like to acquire veteran skaters, but the Sun reports Moulson’s contract and his unrestricted free agent status at the end of the season could scare them off.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Ottawa... I want Lazar. Heard he's an untouchable though.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

Trade Miller and Moulson for Picks, Re-Sign Ott just because,

Buy Out Leino and Stafford, send them Packin'

Bring in someone to train with these guys well before training camp, because they still look lazy as shiz halfway through the season.
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

No surprise here- everyone pretty much knew Moulson would be leveraged for mor picks when he was obtained.

Hockey is weird like that- Moulson is a good player but there's a realistic possibility that he could be on 4 different teams in under a year. In football, that only happens to scrubs.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        No surprise here- everyone pretty much knew Moulson would be leveraged for mor picks when he was obtained.
                        Except for all the people who brought in their Vanek jerseys to switch the nameplates...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          Ottawa... I want Lazar. Heard he's an untouchable though.
                          He struggled lately but I'm not sure if I'd look past Tyler Toffoli of the Kings. They recently sent him back down to the minors for more seasoning but I'd move Moulson for him in a heartbeat. In terms of the 1st Rounder, it be an added bonus.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            He struggled lately but I'm not sure if I'd look past Tyler Toffoli of the Kings. They recently sent him back down to the minors for more seasoning but I'd move Moulson for him in a heartbeat. In terms of the 1st Rounder, it be an added bonus.
                            it would be nice to get a 22-23 year old who will help sooner rather then later. i also hear ryan oreilly is in play. love to get him somehow.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                              it would be nice to get a 22-23 year old who will help sooner rather then later. i also hear ryan oreilly is in play. love to get him somehow.
                              His contract situation isn't something I'd be 100% comfortable with a new/rookie GM. Yet let the speculation of Grigorenko reuniting with Patrick Roy begin.

Comment

Working...
                              X