Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

DT Aaron Donald - Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by PFT
    Aaron Donald impresses at the Senior Bowl

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
    AP
    In a year when the Senior Bowl is lacking in top-level talent, the best college player who chose to attend was Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who won the Outland Trophy as the best college lineman, the Lombardi Award as the best lineman or linebacker and the Bednarik and Nagurski awards as the best defensive player. The best college players don’t always turn out to be the best pro prospects, but at this year’s Senior Bowl, Donald looked like both.

Donald was selected as the most outstanding player during Senior Bowl practices, and Falcons coach MikeSmith, who is coaching the North team in the Senior Bowl, said Donald stood above the rest.

“Donald is a very explosive defensive tackle,” Smith said, via AL.com. “I’ve been very impressed with him. He’s short in stature by NFL standards and doesn’t maybe have all the measurables, but he’s one of the more explosive guys we have on the North squad. He’s done a very nice job both in the running and the pass game.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-senior-bowl/

Kyle Williams-type?

Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    23. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (6-1, 288, Sr.): Although he lacks ideal measureables, Donald has an explosive first step with relentless energy from snap through the whistle. He uses his natural leverage and quick hands to fight through blocks and projects best as an impact three-technique in a four-man front.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...draft-board-10
    Last edited by swiper; 01-25-2014 at 01:28 PM.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: DT Aaron Donald - Pitt

If Williams didn't have a few good years left in him, this would be a good idea. If he somehow fell to us in the 2nd, then I wouldn't mind them pulling the trigger.