Thread: Senior Bowl comments

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Senior Bowl comments

Dee Ford- Not much to say. Had a great game. But so did Erik Flowers. Problem is he's really not what we're looking for at OLB. We need a run stuffer, he's a pass rusher.

Chris Borland- Love him. All over the place. But at 5' 11" I'm not sure he can succeed.

Watched the OL a lot. Some of my rankings have changed:

LG for the Bills:

1) Cyrus Kouandjio- Ala- Teams will consider him at LT but I think he could be special at LG.
    2) Zack Martin- ND- Maybe even someone to consider at 9. But really should move down to mid or late 1 for him. Short arms may hurt his stock at OT.
    3) Brandon Thomas- Clem- Liked his size and athleticism. He's a T/G type but again he could become really dominant inside.
    4) Gabe Jackson- Miss St- Pretty mobile
    5) Wesley Johnson- Vandy- Tall and mobile. Doesn't always drop his ass enough and get under his man... Can get stood up.
    6) Cyril Richardson- Big, bulky, and lumbers. I like athletic LG's and I think he belongs on the right side.

Others I like:

Jimmy Ward- S, N Ill- I like his game. Active and physical.
    Jordan Tripp- OLB- Mon- Active and has a nose for the ball.

Losing ground in my book:

Adrian Hubbard- Another Ala LB. Between him and Mosley I'd seriously take a half a dozen players over either.
    Last edited by X-Era; 01-26-2014 at 07:20 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Senior Bowl comments

How did the QBs look?

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    South wins Senior Bowl, 20-10

MOBILE, Ala. -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock.
    That approach certainly worked at the Senior Bowl.

The Auburn defensive end had two first-half sacks, and Derek Carr and David Fales each threw a touchdown pass in the South's 20-10 victory over the North on Saturday.

Ford, who earned positive reviews from observers during the week, quickly dismissed a reporter's suggestion that he made some money in the draft with his performance.

"I don't do this for cash," said Ford, selected the game's MVP. "I do this for pride. I do this because I really, really want to be great. The money will come. I'm just all about perfecting what I do.

"I've still got a lot of work. I've got the combine and pro day. My life doesn't stop here. I've got to be consistent."

The showcase game for top senior NFL prospects was mostly dominated by the defenses. The South racked up five sacks of Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas and intercepted three North passes. Princeton's Caraun Reid also had two sacks.

"Just talking to the linemen, they said these guys are kind of quick coming off the ball," Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd of the North said. "You've got to go out there and try to help those guys out."
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...enior-bowl-win
    Last edited by swiper; 01-26-2014 at 06:28 AM.