X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Stevie is staying.

Marrone sent Stevie a text saying all those STUPID rumors are not coming from him.

He told Stevie to not pay any attention to them & is looking for a healthy Stevie next season to help the Bills win.

People that want Stevie gone, TOO BAD for you.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Stevie is staying.

Head coach makes personel decisions?

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Stevie Johnson still proving to be a distraction?

Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson had a rough 2013 season as he missed four games and failed to reach 1,000 receiving yards for the first time since 2009.

In the wake of Chris Browns comments where the Bills staff has yet to be able to reel in Stevie, Marrone was faced with a question about the WR yesterday.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Head coach makes personel decisions?
        YES, when it come to players under contract.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Re: Stevie Johnson still proving to be a distraction?

For now we are stuck with him for cap reasons and because we don't have a better option. But I look forward to being able to move on without him. Like I've said before, the guy has talent but doesn't have his head in the game.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

I wouldn't give a rookie coach that kinda lattitude... Sniffs of failure.

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

It's a good thing he's not a rookie anymore!
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Well, in the first place Marrone is no longer a Rookie, he has a year under his belt.

In the 2nd place, the HC decides what players stay on a team & which players get cut. That goes for every team.

Of course there are a few exceptions to that rule, & the HC & GM work together in the best situations.

Marrone & Whaley are on the same page in Buffalo.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I don't want Stevie gone, I want him present. Mentally in a capacities of the game. He's his own worst enemy.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

And Marrone gave the front office a very high recomendation on Byrd.

I expect him to be resigned.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

I want someone to be a real #1 on this team... it has been so long since we had one... (Lee wasn't a 1)

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

I want someone to be a real #1 on this team... it has been so long since we had one... (Lee wasn't a 1)
                        I'll ask again. What is this number 1 receiver BS? Is it some kind of pecking order for contract time or just some dumb **** fans and the media have in their head?

In a three wide set, you have an X,Y and Z receiver. They all have different jobs, run different patterns depending on the play. I see letters, not numbers.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Marrone sent Stevie a text saying all those STUPID rumors are not coming from him.

He told Stevie to not pay any attention to them & is looking for a healthy Stevie next season to help the Bills win.

People that want Stevie gone, TOO BAD for you.
                          Too bad for Bills fans in general.

Look, I understand the reality that we can't get rid of Stevie right now. We don't have a better option, and his cap hit makes cutting him or trading him unreasonable. But we can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We've seen what happens when we use Stevie as our #1 and it ain't pretty. This team will not win as long as they insist on relying on Stevie.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                            I'll ask again. What is this number 1 receiver BS? Is it some kind of pecking order for contract time or just some dumb **** fans and the media have in their head?

In a three wide set, you have an X,Y and Z receiver. They all have different jobs, run different patterns depending on the play. I see letters, not numbers.
                            You're nitpicking a bit. I think the term a WR1 comes from being a first read, the type of receiver that can beat one on one coverage and the type of player that can make play from the X, Y, and Z.

When I think of the best X, Y, Z receivers in modern years, I think you have to go all the way back to the best show on turf to have a truly defined group like that. Holt, Bruce and Hakim/Proehl.
                            It was all

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • May 2024

Stevie is OK. He is just not good enough to be #1 WR on a play-off team, but we are not a play-off team.

When we are, he will be gone.

Stevie is popular with the fans and when you are "manufacturing sell outs" that is important.

Comment

Working...
                              X