X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: 2014 draft projected Top 10

I want a guy who has a lot of drive and competes the whole game. Seems that describes Bennett more than anyone else.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
      I want a guy who has a lot of drive and competes the whole game. Seems that describes Bennett more than anyone else.
      i agree. bennett seems to be a high energy guy, and the sabres could use that. you couldnt go wrong with reinhart, ekblad, or bennett. i think the sabres may take ekblad because his ceiling is so mich higher then everyone else in the draft.

i can see murray being all "**** it, lets take a goalie!"
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
        i agree. bennett seems to be a high energy guy, and the sabres could use that. you couldnt go wrong with reinhart, ekblad, or bennett. i think the sabres may take ekblad because his ceiling is so mich higher then everyone else in the draft.

i can see murray being all "**** it, lets take a goalie!"
        I agree. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Sabres trade a defenseman in their system for a forward (Myers for O'Reilly) prior to the draft and the Sabres take Ekblad.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

Tim Murray on WGR today
          On Aaron Ekblad

" I'm not sure Ekblad has the pace to be a franchise player but he will be a hell of a hockey player for a long time"

Sam Reinhart

" Tremendous vision.. He is the smartest guy on the ice everytime I see him play. Passes the puck unbelievably well"

Michael Dal Colle

" The best release we have seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck he will need a centremen to get him the puck"

Sam Bennett

"He is tenacious.. he is a bulldog.. he is on you he will hit you.. he will spear you.. he will score on you

Murray says he is a firm believer of BPA and they will take Ekblad No.1 if they think he is the best prospect. Murray was pleased with Grigorenkos compete level and felt Grigs worked hard in his recent junior stint.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

i like that about sam bennett. i like that hes gritty as all get out.

also, glad to hear that about grigo. maybe he finally gets it.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
              i like that about sam bennett. i like that hes gritty as all get out.
              Bennett just got a goal to give Kingston a 1-0 lead over Peterborough in Game 7..Bennett has 9 points so far in that series and 18 PIM apparently he has taken some bad minor penalties in the series his aggressiveness might be a detriment at times..

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                Bennett just got a goal to give Kingston a 1-0 lead over Peterborough in Game 7..Bennett has 9 points so far in that series and 18 PIM apparently he has taken some bad minor penalties in the series his aggressiveness might be a detriment at times..
                Sabres NEED aggressive and tenacious players. Of what Murray said about the top 4, I like what he said about Bennett most. That is a complete player and the type that EVERY team wants. Reinhart just seems like the type that will need decent players around him and Dal Colle obviously needs someone to get him the puck. But a guy like Bennett might be the kind of guy who brings up the level of compete of his team. Granted, it wasn't enough to get his team out of the first round.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Tim Murray on WGR today
                  On Aaron Ekblad

" I'm not sure Ekblad has the pace to be a franchise player but he will be a hell of a hockey player for a long time"

Sam Reinhart

" Tremendous vision.. He is the smartest guy on the ice everytime I see him play. Passes the puck unbelievably well"

Michael Dal Colle

" The best release we have seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck he will need a centremen to get him the puck"

Sam Bennett

"He is tenacious.. he is a bulldog.. he is on you he will hit you.. he will spear you.. he will score on you

Murray says he is a firm believer of BPA and they will take Ekblad No.1 if they think he is the best prospect. Murray was pleased with Grigorenkos compete level and felt Grigs worked hard in his recent junior stint.
                  Did he say anything about Ehlers?

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Did he say anything about Ehlers?
                    No he never brought up Ehlers.. In regards to Sam Bennett its being said by those watched him play against Peterborough that he forechecked hard all time and was great away from the puck... Doug Gilmour is telling the media he is not sure Bennett can play for Canada at the IIHF Under-18 tournament Bennett is really banged up (knee,groin, head)

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

No he never brought up Ehlers.. In regards to Sam Bennett its being said by those watched him play against Peterborough that he forechecked hard all time and was great away from the puck... Doug Gilmour is telling the media he is not sure Bennett can play for Canada at the IIHF Under-18 tournament Bennett is really banged up (knee,groin, head)
                      thats my one concern about Bennett. Does he play the type of game that lends itself to a long career?

At this point, I'd either take Reinhart if you think he's a Patrice Bergeron...

or

trade down own and take DalColle or Ehlers.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Bennett seems like the kind of player Ted Nolan loves. I also am concerned about the length of his career and injuries with his style of play.
                        From different things I have been reading the Islanders will be keeping their pick. I doubt they will fire Snow if ownership is trying to sell. Will let new owner make that decision. I can see Islanders finishing well enough to not be in position to land one of the blue chip prospects. This is good for Buffalo if they keep the pick since they will not likely get an impact player for next year. I almost feel sorry for their fans.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Islanders in all likelihood can do no worse than have the 6th overall pick and, baring winning the lottery, could go up as far as 4th. That could be a blue chipper.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

A NHL pro scout told Kris Baker Sam Reinhart's ability to move the puck and circulate it quickly..quick smart passes makes the scout think Reinhart should go No.1.. Baker admitted at this point he cant make up his mind whether he would take Reinhart or Ekblad No.1 .. Baker thinks Bennett is knocking on the door for the No.1 pick but thinks Bennett doesn't quite take the game over enough to warrant going No.1 and has Bennett as the No.3 prospect

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

If I'm the Sabres, I do NOT take a D-man #1. Period. Defensemen depth in the system is one of Buffalo's strong points.
                              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

Working...
                              X