Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    If you know anything about how vBulletin works, and about the history of the ownership group at that site, and about how this "transition" is being handled, you see a lot of red flags that indicate your question is legit.
    Please explain to the web design illiterate.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

2. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes. Illuminate us!

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well a couple things don't add up:

1) The new guy claims he's hired a vBulletin developer to improve the site. Yet there are only two new members since the change was announced, and based upon their posting neither is a vB developer hired to fix the site. In order to get access to controls that allow you to make changes to the site, you need to have an account.
    2) The improvement in performance was like they flipped a light switch, and if you don't know how vBulletin works this would take months. Especially if you hired a developer that didn't even have access to the site and had to make all changes to the performance, visuals, and add some new modifications without even seeing what they look like or if they worked.
    3) The new guy has an account on the vBulletin support forums and posted a thread asking about reinstalling the software the same day the change was announced on the Range. He knows enough about the software to not only go and create an account, but to ask a question a newbie wouldn't ask.
    4) Rick wouldn't give up control of that site to some shmo he didn't know who just out of the blue offered to buy it. He claimed he got offers in the past for thousands of dollars and never took those, yet he now sells to some random who's only been around for a few months?
    5) "Michael" has suddenly retired from posting and has gone away.
    6) LiterateStylish/Quixlet/DaQuixlet has wanted to run the Range for years, and when he got the boot there he tried to work his way in here.

This is all just based upon what I have put together on my own, and I could be way off base. Who knows. Who cares?

Knowing full well that what I say here will make the rounds, I will end with this: Ultimately, it doesn't matter who runs that site. Everyone is free to post wherever they want and more options are a good thing. Diversity of opinion is healthy. But I've been dealing with the "cloak and dagger" **** for years and I just don't understand what purpose it serves. As we have seen, if the person running a site is a lying sack of **** who treats people like crap, free will takes over and people make their own choices. So if Lit wanted to buy the Range, and Rick wanted to sell it to him, and people didn't want to be associated with a site run by Lit, they'd choose another site. Why lie to people? The truth comes out eventually, especially if you're not good at lying.

5. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Blondie (04-10-2014),BuffaloWingEater (04-11-2014),Cntrygal (04-10-2014),coastal (04-10-2014),Dozerdog (04-10-2014),DraftBoy (04-10-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (04-10-2014),Morpheus (02-11-2015),swiper (04-10-2014),WagonCircler (04-11-2014),YardRat (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've never understood what anyone ever hoped to achieve by lying to people.
    That is how Republicans get elected!! :

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May

7. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),trapezeus (04-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,910 Times in 5,302 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I had password issues and as soon as I emailed the new guy about it he reset it immediately with "coastal123" as my password.

he told me not to change for 24 hours because they were having "coding issues".

when I went in to user profile, I noticed my account was linked to a gmail address I was unfamiliar with. I changed my email address but had change my password at the same time.

my authentication email had a broken link in it. I couldn't regain access until I authenticated the account changes. I again emailed the new guy and he "fixed" it without any steps from me.

All of this happened very quickly.

I have notified authorities and they are tracking the situation.

They are also aware of past cyber threats regarding person and destruction of site property.

To my understanding, this is some sort of an ongoing fraud investigation.

9. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-10-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    That is how Republicans get elected!! :

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

11. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (04-18-2014),Novacane (04-12-2014),The Popcorn (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you know anything about how vBulletin works, and about the history of the ownership group at that site, and about how this "transition" is being handled, you see a lot of red flags that indicate your question is legit.

There's a history of untruth there and I've never understood what anyone ever hoped to achieve by lying to people.
    It could be Quix, but he's really not polite. If its him, you'll find out in a month or so when the bannings recommence. Its just not in his mutated DNA to refrain from banning people who make him mad.

Whoever it is, microscope isn't an outsider. There were too many references to how PRS worked to think he just became acquainted to the site.

Should we start a pool to guess who it is?

Rick always told the truth about one thing...members make the site. The rest is just software and graphics.

There are people I miss there, Admarc, Merk and Victor were first rate guys to work with, always were and always will be.

And I do miss the draft Warroom, that was a fantastic feature.

I read microsope's "introduction thread" and the recurring theme is that they were missing their "core members", and the place was a ghost town.

I agree with Mace, I'm good here.

Billszone.com - where Range admins are put out to pasture. :)

13. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Blondie (04-10-2014),Cntrygal (04-10-2014),coastal (04-10-2014),DraftBoy (04-10-2014),Dude (04-10-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),JATMtheJATM (04-10-2014),Mace (04-10-2014),mysticsoto (04-11-2014),WagonCircler (04-11-2014),YardRat (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Or where Range Admins go to die before they move on to the Great Message Board in the Sky? Sort of an Elephant Graveyard.

15. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    Or where Range Admins go to die before they move on to the Great Message Board in the Sky? Sort of an Elephant Graveyard.
    Eh, with my luck, Chimp would be the one welcoming me to the message board in the sky.

Wonder what happened to him?

And I'm still wondering who the new guy is... ****...that's going to bug me now...I know I'll keep saying.."who the hell is that?"

****...wish I never saw this thread now.

17. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),jimmifli (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I cannot begin to say how pissed I would be if this is a scam over there. I want to state I respect the Zone for taking me in when the meltdown happened over there. If this is in fact a scam (i'm trusting it's not right now) I will do everything in my power to see that site die permanently. But until then I always loved the Range. It made me feel like home when I lived out of town.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eh, with my luck, Chimp would be the one welcoming me to the message board in the sky.

Wonder what happened to him?

And I'm still wondering who the new guy is... ****...that's going to bug me now...I know I'll keep saying.."who the hell is that?"

****...wish I never saw this thread now.

He goes by microscopes and he says his real name Russ. So far he has been a cool guy and helpful. I hope it's all legit, I'm having blind faith until proven wrong.

20. Post thanked by:

Meathead (04-10-2014)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    I cannot begin to say how pissed I would be if this is a scam over there. I want to state I respect the Zone for taking me in when the meltdown happened over there. If this is in fact a scam (i'm trusting it's not right now) I will do everything in my power to see that site die permanently. But until then I always loved the Range. It made me feel like home when I lived out of town.
    Were you a Boardless vet with a sign and a tin cup?

Will Post For Zonebux?

I kept thinking there must be some free food involved with them, but there isn't.

Patti

22. Post thanked by:

IlluminatusUIUC (04-11-2014),Rockstar (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    If nothing else, the remaining Range members deserve a break from the soap opera. I hope for their sake, that's really not Quix' latest personality..they deserve better.

24. Post thanked by:

Dude (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It could be Quix, but he's really not polite. If its him, you'll find out in a month or so when the bannings recommence. Its just not in his mutated DNA to refrain from banning people who make him mad.

Whoever it is, microscope isn't an outsider. There were too many references to how PRS worked to think he just became acquainted to the site.

Should we start a pool to guess who it is?

Rick always told the truth about one thing...members make the site. The rest is just software and graphics.

There are people I miss there, Admarc, Merk and Victor were first rate guys to work with, always were and always will be.

And I do miss the draft Warroom, that was a fantastic feature.

I read microsope's "introduction thread" and the recurring theme is that they were missing their "core members", and the place was a ghost town.

I agree with Mace, I'm good here.

The new owner said he was an older poster, but didn't reveal any past usernames. I don't think it's Lit or Michael, but time will tell. The site is revamped nicely and PR&S is back up, so who knows.

26. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Being an out-of-towner it was so nice to have a site like the Range to get my Bills fix, I came upon it many years ago. But there are others.

I like it here, and I'll stick around. I'm still a little skeptical of the new regime there anyway.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

28. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),Mace (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ohfercgristssakeswyfwhothehellcares
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

30. Post thanked by:

Dude (04-11-2014),Meathead (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You guys really take your message boarding seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

32. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (04-14-2014),feldspar (04-12-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),Meathead (04-10-2014),mercyrule (09-10-2014),Novacane (04-12-2014),Rockstar (04-10-2014),trapezeus (04-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If nothing else, the remaining Range members deserve a break from the soap opera. I hope for their sake, that's really not Quix' latest personality..they deserve better.
    I agree with the Dude. It all happened too quick, and was too perfect/clean a switch for there not to be something rotten in Denmark.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The shout box is back also. Here is the new plan for the Range.

• I am giving the forum back to the people.

From this day forward, the Buffalo Range will be a Democracy. With equality. With checks and balances. Where what is right is the most important decision maker - not what any one person wants.

Therefore, I have instituted a system. YOU, the posters, will own and make the pertinent decisions regarding this forum.

1) Anyone with 2,500+ posts or 5,000+ shouts will be eligible to purchase stock in the forum. Very cheap stock. I am not looking to make money from this, I am simply seeking to give people an actual financial foothold in this website. The stock will give that user the right to vote in the annual Buffalo Range elections.

2) The annual Buffalo Range elections will take place every pre-season. The stock holders will vote on whether each staff member will remain in power, or step down and become a regular member. Posters may "run" or petition to become the next mod or admin, or the stock holders may volunteer a willing person to be on the ballot.

3) Super Moderators, Moderators, and Admins will now be set to a standard. If they abuse their power, or over moderate - they stand the chance of being voted out in the next election.

4) No stock holder can be permanently banned without a majority vote from the other stock holders.

This decision has been made because I want to give users a chance to own part of the place that they love. To have a REAL say in what happens here. So any injustice that has happened in the past can never happen again.

This is completely optional. If you choose not to become an owner, that is 100% OK. You can continue to post as a regular member and NOTHING will change with your experience. This is simply an option for those who want to have some control in the forum they run.

35. Post thanked by:

BuffaloWingEater (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,396 Times in 11,961 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

too much drama for a message board. its silly.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

37. Post thanked by:

Dude (04-11-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (04-14-2014),swiper (04-11-2014)