• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockstar
    Zone Bartender
    • Jul 2013

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
    Eh, with my luck, Chimp would be the one welcoming me to the message board in the sky.

Wonder what happened to him?

And I'm still wondering who the new guy is... ****...that's going to bug me now...I know I'll keep saying.."who the hell is that?"

****...wish I never saw this thread now.

He goes by microscopes and he says his real name Russ. So far he has been a cool guy and helpful. I hope it's all legit, I'm having blind faith until proven wrong.

Comment

• Discotrish
      Raging hypocrite and resident troll
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Rockstar View Post
      I cannot begin to say how pissed I would be if this is a scam over there. I want to state I respect the Zone for taking me in when the meltdown happened over there. If this is in fact a scam (i'm trusting it's not right now) I will do everything in my power to see that site die permanently. But until then I always loved the Range. It made me feel like home when I lived out of town.
      Were you a Boardless vet with a sign and a tin cup?

Will Post For Zonebux?

I kept thinking there must be some free food involved with them, but there isn't.

Patti
      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Rockstar View Post
        I cannot begin to say how pissed I would be if this is a scam over there. I want to state I respect the Zone for taking me in when the meltdown happened over there. If this is in fact a scam (i'm trusting it's not right now) I will do everything in my power to see that site die permanently. But until then I always loved the Range. It made me feel like home when I lived out of town.
        If nothing else, the remaining Range members deserve a break from the soap opera. I hope for their sake, that's really not Quix' latest personality..they deserve better.

Comment

• jayhall93
          • Apr 2009

It could be Quix, but he's really not polite. If its him, you'll find out in a month or so when the bannings recommence. Its just not in his mutated DNA to refrain from banning people who make him mad.

Whoever it is, microscope isn't an outsider. There were too many references to how PRS worked to think he just became acquainted to the site.

Should we start a pool to guess who it is?

Rick always told the truth about one thing...members make the site. The rest is just software and graphics.

There are people I miss there, Admarc, Merk and Victor were first rate guys to work with, always were and always will be.

And I do miss the draft Warroom, that was a fantastic feature.

I read microsope's "introduction thread" and the recurring theme is that they were missing their "core members", and the place was a ghost town.

I agree with Mace, I'm good here.

Billszone.com - where Range admins are put out to pasture. :)

The new owner said he was an older poster, but didn't reveal any past usernames. I don't think it's Lit or Michael, but time will tell. The site is revamped nicely and PR&S is back up, so who knows.

Comment

• bleve
            • Mar 2005

Being an out-of-towner it was so nice to have a site like the Range to get my Bills fix, I came upon it many years ago. But there are others.

I like it here, and I'll stick around. I'm still a little skeptical of the new regime there anyway.
            "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
            ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• rbochan
              Zamboni Driver
              • Jun 2008

ohfercgristssakeswyfwhothehellcares
              ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
              it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

You guys really take your message boarding seriously.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

If nothing else, the remaining Range members deserve a break from the soap opera. I hope for their sake, that's really not Quix' latest personality..they deserve better.
                  I agree with the Dude. It all happened too quick, and was too perfect/clean a switch for there not to be something rotten in Denmark.

Comment

• Rockstar
                    Zone Bartender
                    • Jul 2013

The shout box is back also. Here is the new plan for the Range.

• I am giving the forum back to the people.

From this day forward, the Buffalo Range will be a Democracy. With equality. With checks and balances. Where what is right is the most important decision maker - not what any one person wants.

Therefore, I have instituted a system. YOU, the posters, will own and make the pertinent decisions regarding this forum.

1) Anyone with 2,500+ posts or 5,000+ shouts will be eligible to purchase stock in the forum. Very cheap stock. I am not looking to make money from this, I am simply seeking to give people an actual financial foothold in this website. The stock will give that user the right to vote in the annual Buffalo Range elections.

2) The annual Buffalo Range elections will take place every pre-season. The stock holders will vote on whether each staff member will remain in power, or step down and become a regular member. Posters may "run" or petition to become the next mod or admin, or the stock holders may volunteer a willing person to be on the ballot.

3) Super Moderators, Moderators, and Admins will now be set to a standard. If they abuse their power, or over moderate - they stand the chance of being voted out in the next election.

4) No stock holder can be permanently banned without a majority vote from the other stock holders.

This decision has been made because I want to give users a chance to own part of the place that they love. To have a REAL say in what happens here. So any injustice that has happened in the past can never happen again.

This is completely optional. If you choose not to become an owner, that is 100% OK. You can continue to post as a regular member and NOTHING will change with your experience. This is simply an option for those who want to have some control in the forum they run.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

too much drama for a message board. its silly.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Purchase stock? That's a red flag immediately.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Rockstar
                          Zone Bartender
                          • Jul 2013

Guys this is a message sent from the new owner of the Range. He sends his respect to the Zone and supports the members here being loyal members. (as do I) This is his response to your questions.

1. Just to answer some questions for you folks.

1) I did hire a Vbulletin developer - here is his website (http://vbresults.com) You can hire him too and even ask him about me. He is using my login credentials.

2) It does take time to fix issues if you're not a professional coder... Turns out we had over 500,000 copies of our "settings" that were being loaded with every page visit. Ouch!!

3) Im NOT new to this! I own many websites. I buy and sell websites for a living. Look me up on Flippa.com :)

4) I worked on Rick since October to buy the website. We became friendly and he finally got to the point where he was ready to retire. It wasn't one day where he just decided to sell.

5) Yes, Michael posted in the staff forum yesterday that he is retiring.

6) Literate Stylish IS and always will be banned at any of my forums.

I read Buffalo Bills Insider every week for years. I was a lurker on the Range back in the day as well. I DO know a lot of the people. Well, not know personally, but I know of them. I feel like they're my family in a way.

But guys, in all seriousness, the Range and Zone are two fabulous websites and any poster would be happy to be a member on either. Stay with what you're most comfortable with. A lot of you have become very comfortable at the Zone and that's great!

Thanks for hearing me out! Goodnight.

Comment

• Blondie
                            Dumber than the average blonde :-)
                            • Aug 2012

Bwahahahaha...

Stop post in this non-sense.

Seriously we all left and came here. This is an insult to the zone and the range bull**** needs to stay there!

Rick/Lit/Michael are all the same people and this goober head who "bought" the range is a goober head.

Dilbert is my friend and I support him and his site.
                            I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

lit struck me as one of those brilliant ppl who struggle to interact sometimes. he certainly has the capability to pull off that kind of ruse or scam. i thought he was a dick sometimes and told him so but he was generally a fair dick and did a great job on the technical aspects of the site. i know coastal and chick will disagree and yeah lit went too far but i felt both sides acted inappropriately in that whole thing. hopefully everybodys grown up a little since then

if it is lit perhaps he feels hes not the same person and wants to start over fresh without the baggage. that wouldnt be so bad. then again, he might have become even more the evil genius. lol. if it is you gotta be impressed at least with the ability. make him an international spy or something
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                                • Jul 2002

and who wouldnt be surprised if it was all architechted by rick himself? several times that guy has come back from the dead like some kind of zombie wizard of site ownership

i like both sites and participated at both bc they have had separate styles and specialties. i hope rick is really gone along with the negative kind of drama that seems to follow him. but if it isnt ill see what happens and go back to ignoring it if their unique brand of classic crap returns
                                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍