• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
    As an impartial observer: I really cant think of any reason why Blondie and Coastal would exaggerate a story about a rape threat, as WC as been insisting, for the sole purpose of winning on the internet. That logic is childish and makes no sense. Other people have corroborated the story. . Lit is a disturbed person going by this and other stories that you all have shared here.

As for Meathead, Dude made it clear several times why Lit wont be posting his side of the story here. Either MH is dumber than he looks or he is actively not listening.
    Or both.
    This is hilarious.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. The only thing I've been "insisting" all along is that Mr. and Mrs. Rub & Tug start sh it all the time on these boards, then act like whining little innocent victims when they get it back.

Meathead is the one who has done most of the insisting about the alleged "rape threat." I've had the cut and pasted copy sent to me recently, and I now totally believe, as I stated once, here, that this was merely an internet dick measuring contest gone horribly wrong, not an actual threat.

But, as I've clearly stated from the beginning, that's totally beside the point, which is, that these two and their buddy Spiked caused 90% of the problems that caused the Range to implode. They're troublemakers and the worst MB whiners I've ever seen.

Just a rhetorical question. Do you think message therapy is on the up and up? I personally would tend towards saying, yes. It's a legitimate profession. You know, clinical and all.

But what if you saw that the massage therapist in question was wearing a bikini on their advertisement for those services. That might lead you to a different conclusion altogether, don't you think?

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here. Just throwing out a rhetorical question.

Discuss amongst your clique, cliquesters.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

And you are wrong. Coastal is more than willing to take back what he dishes out. So is Blondie.

But when what is dished back so far exceeds the original dishing out, that is when it is problem.

You don't give somebody the death penalty for a speeding ticket.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Good one Lecter.

And there is a reason that the migration has always flown to the Zone, as opposed to away from it.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
          And you are wrong. Coastal is more than willing to take back what he dishes out. So is Blondie.

But when what is dished back so far exceeds the original dishing out, that is when it is problem.

Hahaha. Wow.

Somebody run to Sam's Club and get a whole pallet of tissues.

It will be OK, Lecter. I'm doing this for their own good. Someone needs to teach the spoiled children not to poke a bear with a stick, lest they get mauled.

Think if it as a virtual life lesson.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
            This is hilarious.

Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. The only thing I've been "insisting" all along is that Mr. and Mrs. Rub & Tug start sh it all the time on these boards, then act like whining little innocent victims when they get it back.

Meathead is the one who has done most of the insisting about the alleged "rape threat." I've had the cut and pasted copy sent to me recently, and I now totally believe, as I stated once, here, that this was merely an internet dick measuring contest gone horribly wrong, not an actual threat.

But, as I've clearly stated from the beginning, that's totally beside the point, which is, that these two and their buddy Spiked caused 90% of the problems that caused the Range to implode. They're troublemakers and the worst MB whiners I've ever seen.

Just a rhetorical question. Do you think message therapy is on the up and up? I personally would tend towards saying, yes. It's a legitimate profession. You know, clinical and all.

But what if you saw that the massage therapist in question was wearing a bikini on their advertisement for those services. That might lead you to a different conclusion altogether, don't you think?

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here. Just throwing out a rhetorical question.

Discuss amongst your clique, cliquesters.
            And, fwiw, playing the game you are playing here is a much greater attempt to instigate than what I have seen from Coastal.

You can ask him - I have slapped his wrist more than once both here and at the Range in the past.

I suggest that you don't act like they are some kind of horrible people for what they have done, when you are playing the same game only taking it much farther. It is rather unbecoming of you.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Hahaha. Wow.

Somebody run to Sam's Club and get a whole pallet of tissues.

It will be OK, Lecter. I'm doing this for their own good. Someone needs to teach the spoiled children not to poke a bear with a stick, lest they get mauled.

Think if it as a virtual life lesson.

The bear?

Please. It is more like a poodle. A lot of bark and yapping but no bite whatsoever

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

You can ask him - I have slapped his wrist more than once both here and at the Range in the past.
                sure you have.

I believe you.

really.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

maybe another round of forced ignore is in order?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

sure you have.

I believe you.

really.

The dripping sarcasm breaks my heart. It really does.

No lie.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

You should change the name of this thread to the coastal and Blondie pity party.

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by upstart View Post
                        I do feel better as a matter of fact. BTW, us Americans don't care about what the rest of the world likes.

BTW, when does the fishing season open ?
                        April 1st in NY State.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Give me a break..."death penalty for a speeding ticket." Don't make this ENTIRELY one-sided, because it wasn't. Coastal himself has admitted to some sort of culpability, so I don't know why you continue to put words in his mouth or otherwise try to represent him. He did everything he could to make that idiotic Internet feud extremely personal...pushed, and pushed, and pushed. I don't know how you roll, but when somebody pushes me I tend to push back harder. And, again, I'm not defending Lit. Just saying, again, that this thing did not happen in a vacuum. This was not a drive-by. Anybody that wants to constantly press a person's buttons and even do all he can to humiliate them in whatever capacity...well, there is no telling about how unstable that person is on the other end or what could happen. There is a basic moral here that many people do not want to recognize.

All that really happened in the end was a war on words. Why grown people would take a message board so seriously as to get caught up in a childish pissing match is beyond me...not where it leads to some kind of festering hatred. I've called other people names or whatever, but this whole thing was ridiculous. And it's over. All evidence destroyed.

"I'll **** her." Hell, I've told people that I'll KILL them before in volatile situations. Many people have. People say things when they are in conflicts. I remember Lit posting about how he was sitting at this bar at his hotel waiting for Coastal to show up, and then they'll know something. He went off-the-cuff posting ridiculous things in the shoutbox around that time, which I won't repeat. I've had people want to kick my ass for saying far less than things that Coastal said to Lit, even with just basic misunderstandings. No, the hatred between them was actually nurtured on both sides. To me, each one seemed to paint the other one into some kind of cartoon character. That can easily happen if you have very strong feelings for somebody you've never even freakin' met.

Not that I have a problem with Coastal. I don't really. If he wants to be less caustic, then great. I never took anything he said too seriously anyway. Why would I? I have real problems, and I don't have any idea who most of you asswipes out there really are in the first place. Personally, I approach message board banter in the same way I'd strike up a conversation with the person sitting next to me at the bar.
                          Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Give me a break..."death penalty for a speeding ticket." Don't make this ENTIRELY one-sided, because it wasn't. Coastal himself has admitted to some sort of culpability, so I don't know why you continue to put words in his mouth or otherwise try to represent him. He did everything he could to make that idiotic Internet feud extremely personal...pushed, and pushed, and pushed. I don't know how you roll, but when somebody pushes me I tend to push back harder. And, again, I'm not defending Lit. Just saying, again, that this thing did not happen in a vacuum. This was not a drive-by. Anybody that wants to constantly press a person's buttons and even do all he can to humiliate them in whatever capacity...well, there is no telling about how unstable that person is on the other end or what could happen. There is a basic moral here that many people do not want to recognize.

All that really happened in the end was a war on words. Why grown people would take a message board so seriously as to get caught up in a childish pissing match is beyond me...not where it leads to some kind of festering hatred. I've called other people names or whatever, but this whole thing was ridiculous. And it's over. All evidence destroyed.

"I'll **** her." Hell, I've told people that I'll KILL them before in volatile situations. Many people have. People say things when they are in conflicts. I remember Lit posting about how he was sitting at this bar at his hotel waiting for Coastal to show up, and then they'll know something. He went off-the-cuff posting ridiculous things in the shoutbox around that time, which I won't repeat. I've had people want to kick my ass for saying far less than things that Coastal said to Lit, even with just basic misunderstandings. No, the hatred between them was actually nurtured on both sides.

Not that I have a problem with Coastal. I don't really. If he wants to be less caustic, then great. I never took anything he said too seriously anyway. Why would I? I have real problems, and I don't have any idea who most of you asswipes out there really are in the first place. Personally, I approach message board banter in the same way I'd strike up a conversation with the person sitting next to me at the bar.
                            99% perfect.

I would only add that if you're going to get caustic and jump people's ***, you have zero right to complain when they do it right back to you. Worse or otherwise--you asked for it (and NO, before the Greek chorus of whiners jump in, I'm not talking about what Lit did or didn't say, or was interpreted or misinterpreted as having said, implied, or otherwise expressed. Give it a freaking rest).

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Yeah well....he's not entirely wrong. The rape threat (which I believe was made) and the implosion of the Range were really 2 different things. One happened in December and the other happened the following August.

Quix was banned in December and Pete, Stealth and others came back to try and clean up the mess he created. Lucid spent days..probably weeks, trying to locate and close the backdoor entrances in the database. Lit spent about 2 months trying to come back on a daily basis under a different account. No one wanted him back...and people were doing their best to see he didn't come back.

But in the meantime, the Great Spiked-Wagon War of 2012 erupted, and both sides brought in reinforcements. it was this thread, X10, but it spread to every forum on the site. And it went on for months. And a bunch of people were warned.. And people were given temporary bans. And that was the year my son got sick, so I wasn't around much for about 2-3 months, so I'm assuming I missed most of it. But even in March and April, it was still going strong.

Deference was given to many of the principal players, because they were long time members. I hate to say this..but if Dude was running the Range at that time, many of the people in this thread would have been banned well before August. You had a bunch of grown up, professional people acting like junior high kids..and neither side was backing down very much.

What happened in August was pretty much as Uppy described it. Rick asked for donations and took a lot of **** for it. I'm sure they thought they were being cute...he didn't think so. Did he overreact? Its Rick..of course. Was he provoked? Yes. Did it begin before that night? Yes.

I'll just give part of a PM he sent me when Lit was in the process of being banned. ...

The reason I left the range was because of all the drama, God I hate it more than anything. Wish us luck lol

The problem is..for the following months and the drama that ensued, he wasn't just getting PM's on the site, he was getting emails sent to him by people complaining about this person or that person ...why isn't he banned, why was he banned...etc etc.
                              When he'd pop in from time to time...he'd tell people both publicly and privately that he was getting tired of it.

It isn't as if people weren't warned.

Comment

• feldspar
                                • Mar 2007

99% perfect.

I would only add that if you're going to get caustic and jump people's ***, you have zero right to complain when they do it right back to you. Worse or otherwise--you asked for it (and NO, before the Greek chorus of whiners jump in, I'm not talking about what Lit did or didn't say, or was interpreted or misinterpreted as having said, implied, or otherwise expressed. Give it a freaking rest).
                                Well, you can give me 100% then, because I agree with this. You don't say horrible things to a person and then be shocked and appalled if they say something worse. That's the game you actually signed up for and actively pursued, and that's how situations escalate.

If the people that were actually involved in this (which does not include ME) didn't learn anything or evaluate their own behavior, then they are jellyfish. Some people want to take a side and way oversimplify it. It's really just so easily to demonize the other side, and a lot harder for the people involved to be objective about it. I feel I'm objective enough. In fact, I could care less. The actual interest for me is like stopping to watch a train-wreck. Kinda hard to turn your head away from it.
                                Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X