• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Based on the current Range message, they are on the case now.
    I would love to overhear their response when they were asked to investigate a pissant message board feud.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dude View Post
      I don't know what happened but something about it doesn't seem right, given what's happened and who is running things there.
      Maybe someone is creating villains to play hero?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        I don't know about the FBI, but I can tell you that back in the early days, (circa 1998 or 99) Rick was given a cease and desist order by the NFL due to copywright infringement, youknow, using their logos.

But to be fair they were coming down on everybody else too, like finhaven and Mikebrownsucks.com

They were behind the curve on the internet thing and they knew it.
        How do you come down hard on a site using the Browns' logo?

"STOP USING OUR ORANGE!"

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I know what we need…The King needs to do another round of Zoner Rankings.

Those always kick ass!

I think everyone one of them is in the Hall of Fame.

I'd need to construct a panel. I had a team of 3 people who helped me with those.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
            I would love to overhear their response when they were asked to investigate a pissant message board feud.

I was stopped for speeding and the cop let me go after he saw I was wearing a Bills' cap. We get a little pity and latitude compared to the rest of the league.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post

That may be the case, that police scoff at it, but restoring the damaging done by nuking a database costs about $1,000 actual real physical dollars. If you were to steal $1,000 or intentionally damage $1,000 in physical property, you'd have felony charges against you (not you, personally, Illu).

So, maybe they don't do anything or snicker at it, but they shouldn't. That's real money. Serious money.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                I was stopped for speeding and the cop let me go after he saw I was wearing a Bills' cap. We get a little pity and latitude compared to the rest of the league.
                I was stopped in Raleigh by a cop who grew up in Buffalo. He let me go when he saw my Buffalo Police Benevolent Association sticker.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

I got stopped by a cop one time too. He let me go after I...well, nevermind.

I kid.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

....and I'm sending all of you to Father Bakers' on Monday.
                    I got threatened with Father Baker's a lot as a kid. I have now pulled the card on my child also. ROFL seeing Father Bakers. I balled my eyes out when that came up a couple times.

"Pack your bags and get in the car. We're taking you to Father Bakers." Never did I straighten up and fly right quicker.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                      Retired (mostly)
                      • Mar 2003

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/

A few years ago, a Canadian teenager, Amanda Todd, killed herself after being harassed and extorted online. A man used flattery to get her to flash her breasts…and then used the photo he took to demand more, backed up by incessant threats online, revealing the photo to Todd’s friends, and promising to make her life hell forever......

Miri rages against the online idiots who insist that internet activity can’t really do psychological harm — they diagnose freely over the internet, and claim that you can’t possibly develop stress disorders from the bullying tactics of the usual slymey suspects — Miri tears that argument up with basic scientific facts from the field of psychology ...

I’m just going to point to Amanda Todd. Her death wasn’t virtual.

I’m also baffled by the reasoning: if it’s not ‘real’, if the only activities that can have a direct effect on someone’s sense of well-being are face-to-face, a punch in the nose, a bomb going off…then what the hell are you doing harassing people on the internet in the first place?......

Just a few thoughts on the question of "how real is the internet"

But to play
                      that’s the thing
                      shut up and deal
                      ~ Jesse May

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        I got threatened with Father Baker's a lot as a kid. I have now pulled the card on my child also. ROFL seeing Father Bakers. I balled my eyes out when that came up a couple times.

"Pack your bags and get in the car. We're taking you to Father Bakers." Never did I straighten up and fly right quicker.
                        Father Baker's was a childhood torment. Mostly for my brother and sister since I was really young and after 2 kids surviving the threats ahead of me, the Father Baker thing died with my dad in 1971

http://daybreaktv.org/Documentaries/.../Synopsis.aspx <----- a father baker's thingy.
                        Last edited by sukie; 04-18-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Blondie
                          Smarter than most men here :-)
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MidnightVoice View Post
                          http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/

A few years ago, a Canadian teenager, Amanda Todd, killed herself after being harassed and extorted online. A man used flattery to get her to flash her breasts…and then used the photo he took to demand more, backed up by incessant threats online, revealing the photo to Todd’s friends, and promising to make her life hell forever......

Miri rages against the online idiots who insist that internet activity can’t really do psychological harm — they diagnose freely over the internet, and claim that you can’t possibly develop stress disorders from the bullying tactics of the usual slymey suspects — Miri tears that argument up with basic scientific facts from the field of psychology ...

I’m just going to point to Amanda Todd. Her death wasn’t virtual.

I’m also baffled by the reasoning: if it’s not ‘real’, if the only activities that can have a direct effect on someone’s sense of well-being are face-to-face, a punch in the nose, a bomb going off…then what the hell are you doing harassing people on the internet in the first place?......

Just a few thoughts on the question of "how real is the internet"
                          the internet is becoming more and more real.

What people are failing to comprehend is that Lit used his access as site owner to access our personal information that was not known to ANYONE. Then used that personal information in a treat against me.

I have also recently been told that Lit staked another female user on the Buffalo Range until she eventually left the site.

That dude clearly has issues and I appreciate all those who see it for what it really was.

The other self righteous *******s just want to use it as an opportunity to make my husband look like some kind of ******* are weak ass cowards.
                          I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Blondie View Post

The other self righteous *******s just want to use it as an opportunity to make my husband look like some kind of ******* are weak ass cowards.
                            Cowards is kind of a strange thing to call them.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              For attention whores, there are no strange words.

Comment

• Blondie
                                Smarter than most men here :-)
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                                Any man who uses anothers mans wife in order to antagonize them is a coward.
                                I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X