Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1315

Thread: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidvizion View Post
    I don't know why some of you guys still are on the fence. Dude proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt in post 400-something.
    Yeah, it's so thirty pages ago. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post3934829
    Last edited by Dude; 04-24-2014 at 08:43 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    The second is because most athiests are whiney little *****es and can't stand any reference to a higher power because they think they are their own Gods,
    Did you take a poll? I'd say atheists don't want religious beliefs that they don't share shoved down their throats. I'm not talking about intolerant repression type-things, I'm talking about imposing beliefs onto others or such condescending, patronizing behavior such as telling me that they'll "pray for my soul" because I'm not part of the club. The general vibe is that they think you are ignorant in the most fundamental way, when it's all laid out on the table. Them telling me that they'll pray for my soul is really no different than if I were to call them idiots.

Me? I'm fascinated how people can believe such things. I actually let the Jehovah's Witnesses into my house, or have several times in the past. They tell you that they're not trying to convert you, but of course that's exactly what they are doing.

I'm more of an agnostic with severe atheist slants, but I sure do not believe in the Bible. I'm not about to claim knowledge about such things.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know why some of you guys still are on the fence. Dude proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt in post 400-something.
    I'm not on the fence, I called it in post #9. I'm just surprised he admitted it.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just checking in. We're still not on board with microscopes = Literate yet?

maybe I'll check back in 20 pages from now and see where we are.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

6. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In my 10+ years in these communities he's one of just two people in all of these forums that I think is a miserable excuse of a human being (the other one knows who he is).
    Sorry, I will try to do better
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

8. Post thanked by:

Historian (04-24-2014),Lucidvizion (04-24-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,242 Times in 15,406 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    Christianity: A cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
    Well if you're going to take all the fun out of it....

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Did you take a poll? I'd say atheists don't want religious beliefs that they don't share shoved down their throats. I'm not talking about intolerant repression type-things, I'm talking about imposing beliefs onto others or such condescending, patronizing behavior such as telling me that they'll "pray for my soul" because I'm not part of the club. The general vibe is that they think you are ignorant in the most fundamental way, when it's all laid out on the table. Them telling me that they'll pray for my soul is really no different than if I were to call them idiots.
    Praying for someone's soul is a good thing, from a Christian perspective. It's akin to "I'll keep you in my thoughts," or "I wish the best to you and your family," or something you would do to offer someone encouragement or well wishes. So, how does that translate into them calling you an idiot?

It is more reflective of YOUR perspective in the sense that what they are offering has no value to YOU. So essentially, they are offering you well wishes, and you are calling yourself an idiot on their behalf.

Now how does this supposed imposition of belief affect your life? Did you roll over an Easter Egg with your car?

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

11. Post thanked by:

Rockstar (04-24-2014),Valerie (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Me? I'm fascinated how people can believe such things. I actually let the Jehovah's Witnesses into my house, or have several times in the past. They tell you that they're not trying to convert you, but of course that's exactly what they are doing.

I'm more of an agnostic with severe atheist slants, but I sure do not believe in the Bible. I'm not about to claim knowledge about such things.
    Here's the thing. Regardless of how you (not you personally) feel about religion, or lack thereof, it's deeply personal. Anyone who straight up bashes someone else's viewpoint on the subject is acting like a giant douchebag.

I find extremists on both sides of the issue incredibly annoying, but the Atheists win by a nose in the annoying department, because they have just that little added bit of arrogance that takes them over the top.

The central question comes down to something the exceeds human understanding, no matter what you believe. That notion that, before the alleged Big Bang, there was nothing, is not for a second answered by science or philosophy. How could there have been "nothing"?

To me, the answer lies somewhere in the middle. The notion that the astounding complexity of every animal, vegetable or mineral in the vast universe as we understand it happened totally at random, or that our understanding of existence on this plane of reality is all there is, is every bit as absurd as you feel the biblical stories are.

It should be remembered that the stories in the bible needed to be comprehended be civilizations far less advanced than we are now, so they are just that--stories. And cultural traditions like Christmas presents and Easter eggs are a product of society, they're not insipid lies with evil intentions, just pleasant customs like 4th of July fireworks. People laying presents under the tree that are labelled "from Santa" aren't carrying out some evil plot, they're just doing what their parents did, hoping to make their kids happy. Carrying on a tradition. Assigning some evil subtext or motivation to those traditions is asinine. People are largely just trying to pay the bills and raise honorable families who will grow up to do the same.

There's hypocrisy on both sides, and it's certainly evident here.

But to me, the truly important thing about religion and the current, popular bashing of it, is that Atheists love to pretend that Judeo-Christian tenets, like the Ten Commandments, for example, had no importance in the establishment of our laws. This is historically inaccurate, no matter what version of reality you subscribe to. Thou shall not kill, steal, etc. are and were necessary to maintain an ordered society. There has to be a baseline.

I could go on for days about this, but the essence is, people's beliefs are their own. Respect for those beliefs is the only thing that separates our society from the animals.

It sickens me to see how our culture has devolved, with each subsequent generation having less and less respect for anything. I honestly think the future is going to look and awful lot like A Clockwork Orange. That's the road we're on.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 04-24-2014 at 11:29 AM.

13. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (04-25-2014),pmoon6 (04-25-2014),Rockstar (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know in denial atheists that go to Catholic Church every Sunday, those fakers sicken me the most.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Praying for someone's soul is a good thing, from a Christian perspective. It's akin to "I'll keep you in my thoughts," or "I wish the best to you and your family," or something you would do to offer someone encouragement or well wishes. So, how does that translate into them calling you an idiot?

It is more reflective of YOUR perspective in the sense that what they are offering has no value to YOU. So essentially, they are offering you well wishes, and you are calling yourself an idiot on their behalf.

Now how does this supposed imposition of belief affect your life? Did you roll over an Easter Egg with your car?

Patti
    I personally, am grateful that Patti prays for me. It takes the pressure off a bit and it's nice to know someone is on my side. Of course realistically, Patti cares more about me than any god does, but it's nice to know if I am wrong in my beliefs the big guy has at least heard of me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Patti
    You are not understanding the context I said that in.

There are many different contexts in which that is said, "I'll pray for your soul." If an atheist and Christian are having a hot-topic conversation, both sides sees the other side as ignorant, no matter how nice they try to be. It's the nature of the thing, and there is no way around it. When it comes to that major point of contention, telling me that they'll pray for my soul BECAUSE I don't share their beliefs amounts to me telling them that I hope they snap out it and wake up...I can say THAT with the same level of benevolent well-meaning too, without any meanness to it. "I want to help you stop living a lie." Uh-huh. Works both ways, and I don't think either side exactly likes it.

Not that anyone around here did, but if somebody wants to look me in the eye and tell me that I'm going to burn in Hell for eternity for not accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior, then it's really hard to turn around and talk about the weather.

It's this type of reason that I don't generally discuss religion with people, especially if I know they have beliefs that I don't share. If they want to pray for my soul for not sharing their beliefs, great. Fine. In turn, I hope they stop believing in a fairy tale. Are they offended by that then? If so, then why? It's just the other side of the coin.

Imposition of beliefs is a different topic.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-24-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    the essence is, people's beliefs are their own. Respect for those beliefs is the only thing that separates our society from the animals.

It sickens me to see how our culture has devolved, with each subsequent generation having less and less respect for anything. I honestly think the future is going to look and awful lot like A Clockwork Orange. That's the road we're on.
    Good post.

Animals mostly just believe they are hungry or something. They don't have the capacity to understand the concept of a belief, can't generally think very abstractly, and aren't capable of understanding that they are going to die. There is that, so I agree.

But those that WANT respect, GIVE respect. That's the thing.

As the example here, if somebody wants to tell me that I have no business celebrating Christmas because I'm not a Christian, and I'm a hypocrite for doing so, and they'll pray for my soul as a result...well, in real-life, I'd say "OK," and go eat a taco or something, celebrating Christmas anyway. That doesn't really bother me, but there is a basic lack of understanding or respect that is coming from that person. While that type of thing slides off my back, there really is a bone to pick. Since this is a message board, that's what I did.

Nobody can really know very much about the meaning behind existence.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.

18. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody can really know very much about the meaning behind existence.

And yet, so many claim to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And yet, so many claim to.
    Well, I'm sure that's all very comforting for them, and I actually envy them for it in that respect.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I'm sure that's all very comforting for them, and I actually envy them for it in that respect.

Sort of runs contra to your feelings on Santa, no?

Just saying. :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sort of runs contra to your feelings on Santa, no?

Just saying. :)
    I hated Santa ever since he gave me that lump of coal one year.

23. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (04-25-2014),WagonCircler (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    He admitted he is to me.
    I knew it was him as he is arguing QBs in an Andy Dalton thread with nyjunc. As soon as he said "fantasy numbers don't matter to me" I knew it was him. That is the drum that Lit beat.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I missed that and couldn't find it when I went back to look.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I knew it was him as he is arguing QBs in an Andy Dalton thread with nyjunc. As soon as he said "fantasy numbers don't matter to me" I knew it was him. That is the drum that Lit beat.
    That's nyjuncs catch phrase, not Lit's

27. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (04-25-2014),swiper (04-25-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I missed that and couldn't find it when I went back to look.
    I'm pretty sure it happened in this post:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post3934829

29. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-25-2014)