Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,065 Times in 15,278 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Rick went insane and recruited an even more insane, and incompetent, minion to take the Titanic the rest of the way to the ocean's floor.
    Good one!

This drama is even better with pizza!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    I don't know who Michael is. I left the range before he showed up. I was referring to Rick handing the keys to microscopes/Lit.
    Right, but the real implosion came months ago, when he handed control to Michael. Rick and Michael went on a banning rampage that effectively killed the Range. And Michael was every bit the ass wipe Rick was. And that's an accomplishment.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He sure knows how to pick 'em.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Good one!

This drama is even better with pizza!
    I'm telling you: this whole fiasco is paid attention to because it's like some sort of half-assed reality TV show to the other people on the board. Kinda thrust into your face sometimes, too.

This was all deliberately put out there publicly by the participants. If they don't want to be judged either way, they shouldn't have gone public with their dysfunction. It is not a private matter really when it all happens in the public realm, which compounds the idiocy of people if they choose to put it all out there. It's ridiculous for anybody to turn around and say "how dare you judge me" or something when they know perfectly well how many people are going to read what they've written.

To other posters with a lick of sense, it's like Jerry Springer, really. And that's all it is. Not many people walk away from Jerry Springer with their full dignity intact. If people I don't know want to be stupid and create some kind of hillbilly feud, I'm not above watching that once it's on. Then I'm stupider for having seen it.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.

SpikedLemonade

Just went back to The Range and read some of Microscope's posts. It is definitely the same old Lit. It is just a matter of time until he will start his crap again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY BATTEN POWER View Post
    Let me try to lighten the mood...
    I changed my mind. You ARE on a distinguished road.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I stopped reading at page 18 and I have it set up for 30 posts per page. You guys are a little on the crazy side.

- - - Updated - - -

30 pages of talking about another sites drama? WHO GIVES A ****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    I stopped reading at page 18 and I have it set up for 30 posts per page. You guys are a little on the crazy side.

- - - Updated - - -

Those somewhat familiar with it may want to express their take.

Reading 18 pages about it when you aren't familiar at all with it is particularly crazy, though.

I'm almost done, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,877 Times in 4,006 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's being a little generous with Rick (you've always been a little generous with him, I hope he earned that loyalty).

When he came back he made a bad situation worse. He marched in trashed the place and then asked for money to fix it.

I agree, that giving Rick **** wasn't a smart move, and not a move that most people with even a little emotional control would make.... but it's not like Rick was an innocent bystander that caught a stray insult.

He let that fire smoulder for years and then threw gas on it and ran away. Now on his way out the door he hands the keys to Lit as his last **** you to anyone that ever helped him.

Sorry if I don't share your opinion of him.

I don't recall saying he was an innocent bystander. And that's especially true in allowing Quix anywhere near a control panel. If I agreed with what he did, I'd still be on the Range.

But come now, the "He let us act like *******s, so its his fault for letting us get away with it" excuse doesn't work for anyone over the age of 5.

I'm pretty sure most involved wouldn't let their own kids act the way they acted.

10. Post thanked by:

upstart (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Right, but the real implosion came months ago, when he handed control to Michael. Rick and Michael went on a banning rampage that effectively killed the Range. And Michael was every bit the ass wipe Rick was. And that's an accomplishment.
    It's one thing to let the kid sit on your lap and "drive", it's another to sign over the registration. Rick has let lots of people run the range in his absence, this is the only time he actually "sold" it.

Not that it matters, as you pointed out he'd already trashed his motel room. But if he'd handed the keys to admark, I doubt it would have taken a month before that place was hopping with full trust restored. Instead, Rick sold the franchise to an out of town owner, so to speak.

12. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Those somewhat familiar with it may want to express their take.

Reading 18 pages about it when you aren't familiar at all with it is particularly crazy, though.

I'm almost done, though.
    I know. I was enjoying the drama at first but then I thought to myself what the **** am I doing. and I am vaguely familiar with it because I've followed the range for 4 years and been a member for 2 or three years.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,877 Times in 4,006 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyway...to conclude the group session...make an old man happy and have a sing along. We can do it as a round.

Faction 1 starts (you know who you are)

Faction 2 joins in.

Former Range mods and admins who put up with it all will follow. Mik and Uppy, you can join us in group 3.

Y'all know how you feel about each other...so let it out.

15. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014),Dude (04-17-2014),Mace (04-17-2014),upstart (04-17-2014)

Dumber than the average blonde :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,860 Times in 6,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    I don't recall saying he was an innocent bystander. And that's especially true in allowing Quix anywhere near a control panel. If I agreed with what he did, I'd still be on the Range.

But come now, the "He let us act like *******s, so its his fault for letting us get away with it" excuse doesn't work for anyone over the age of 5.

I'm pretty sure most involved wouldn't let their own kids act the way they acted.
    That is not entirely true .. sometimes you just got to let kids work their **** out

Btw ... I am sorry to hear that your son was sick during all of that ... hope all is better!
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't act like an *******. And neither did the large majority of posters.

Like it or not message boards need moderators.

His decision to go with NO TOS in the PRS because Lit tried to be yet another Napoleon, was what caused it. There's a reason bars have bouncers.

I'm not excusing all the posters that acted like *******s, but it was the predictable consequence of removing the rules. And the only reason Rick removed the rules is because Lit started an insurrection and Rick didn't want to deal with the blow back.

18. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's one thing to let the kid sit on your lap and "drive", it's another to sign over the registration. Rick has let lots of people run the range in his absence, this is the only time he actually "sold" it.

Not that it matters, as you pointed out he'd already trashed his motel room. But if he'd handed the keys to admark, I doubt it would have taken a month before that place was hopping with full trust restored. Instead, Rick sold the franchise to an out of town owner, so to speak.
    We seem to be talking about two different implosions. All I'm saying is, for the most recent implosion, Lit was long gone, and it was Michael who wrecked the car.

I agree about Tony, but would Tony have wanted it?

20. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (04-17-2014)

Dumber than the average blonde :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,860 Times in 6,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyway...to conclude the group session...make an old man happy and have a sing along. We can do it as a round.

Faction 1 starts (you know who you are)

Faction 2 joins in.

Former Range mods and admins who put up with it all will follow. Mik and Uppy, you can join us in group 3.

Y'all know how you feel about each other...so let it out.

I like her

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well look at it one of two ways:

1) it beats working
    2) these conversations would never have been able to happen over there because threads would be closed and people would be banned

So in a way, this is therapy and the Zone is Dr. Phil.

23. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014),DANNY BATTEN POWER (04-17-2014),Historian (04-18-2014),upstart (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not to mention that many of the people affected had already been banned over there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let sanity reign

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Strange, it looks like I've been banned from the Buffalo Range. Well, so much for everyone getting a clean slate. Oh well, with the exception of Tyke and Lameboy I enjoy it more here.