• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discotrish
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    • Nov 2003

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    I received that too. I was soooo close to 10,000 posts there.

But I like it here and I'm soooo close to 1,070 posts.

Thanks to the Billszone folks for a nice place that I enjoy. My best to the Range, it was important to me a long while. Now this place is. I think I'll stay here a while.
    There is a lot more critical End Times and Weather information here.

Also superior debunking of Climate Change Alarmism.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
      I got a couple emails, too... No gossip, though.

Hell, for all I know, it could be one of Rick's alter-egos...

-Bill
      I want to know how everyone is so sure that microscopes isn't Michael/Literate.

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        Oh, it certainly could be... The reason I mentioned Rick was because the emails I got specifically stated "Rick is not the owner anymore." Said nothing about anyone else.

-Bill

Comment

• Dude
          that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          If you know anything about how vBulletin works, and about the history of the ownership group at that site, and about how this "transition" is being handled, you see a lot of red flags that indicate your question is legit.

There's a history of untruth there and I've never understood what anyone ever hoped to achieve by lying to people.
          Last edited by Dude; 04-10-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Dude
            • Feb 2005

Not that it matters anyway.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dude View Post
              If you know anything about how vBulletin works, and about the history of the ownership group at that site, and about how this "transition" is being handled, you see a lot of red flags that indicate your question is legit.
              Please explain to the web design illiterate.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Yes. Illuminate us!

Comment

• Dude
                  • Feb 2005

Well a couple things don't add up:

1) The new guy claims he's hired a vBulletin developer to improve the site. Yet there are only two new members since the change was announced, and based upon their posting neither is a vB developer hired to fix the site. In order to get access to controls that allow you to make changes to the site, you need to have an account.
                  2) The improvement in performance was like they flipped a light switch, and if you don't know how vBulletin works this would take months. Especially if you hired a developer that didn't even have access to the site and had to make all changes to the performance, visuals, and add some new modifications without even seeing what they look like or if they worked.
                  3) The new guy has an account on the vBulletin support forums and posted a thread asking about reinstalling the software the same day the change was announced on the Range. He knows enough about the software to not only go and create an account, but to ask a question a newbie wouldn't ask.
                  4) Rick wouldn't give up control of that site to some shmo he didn't know who just out of the blue offered to buy it. He claimed he got offers in the past for thousands of dollars and never took those, yet he now sells to some random who's only been around for a few months?
                  5) "Michael" has suddenly retired from posting and has gone away.
                  6) LiterateStylish/Quixlet/DaQuixlet has wanted to run the Range for years, and when he got the boot there he tried to work his way in here.

This is all just based upon what I have put together on my own, and I could be way off base. Who knows. Who cares?

Knowing full well that what I say here will make the rounds, I will end with this: Ultimately, it doesn't matter who runs that site. Everyone is free to post wherever they want and more options are a good thing. Diversity of opinion is healthy. But I've been dealing with the "cloak and dagger" **** for years and I just don't understand what purpose it serves. As we have seen, if the person running a site is a lying sack of **** who treats people like crap, free will takes over and people make their own choices. So if Lit wanted to buy the Range, and Rick wanted to sell it to him, and people didn't want to be associated with a site run by Lit, they'd choose another site. Why lie to people? The truth comes out eventually, especially if you're not good at lying.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                    Retired (mostly)
                    • Mar 2003

I've never understood what anyone ever hoped to achieve by lying to people.
                    That is how Republicans get elected!! :

But to play
                    that’s the thing
                    shut up and deal
                    ~ Jesse May

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

I had password issues and as soon as I emailed the new guy about it he reset it immediately with "coastal123" as my password.

he told me not to change for 24 hours because they were having "coding issues".

when I went in to user profile, I noticed my account was linked to a gmail address I was unfamiliar with. I changed my email address but had change my password at the same time.

my authentication email had a broken link in it. I couldn't regain access until I authenticated the account changes. I again emailed the new guy and he "fixed" it without any steps from me.

All of this happened very quickly.

I have notified authorities and they are tracking the situation.

They are also aware of past cyber threats regarding person and destruction of site property.

To my understanding, this is some sort of an ongoing fraud investigation.

Comment

• Discotrish
                        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by MidnightVoice View Post
                        That is how Republicans get elected!! :

Patti
                        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

There's a history of untruth there and I've never understood what anyone ever hoped to achieve by lying to people.
                          It could be Quix, but he's really not polite. If its him, you'll find out in a month or so when the bannings recommence. Its just not in his mutated DNA to refrain from banning people who make him mad.

Whoever it is, microscope isn't an outsider. There were too many references to how PRS worked to think he just became acquainted to the site.

Should we start a pool to guess who it is?

Rick always told the truth about one thing...members make the site. The rest is just software and graphics.

There are people I miss there, Admarc, Merk and Victor were first rate guys to work with, always were and always will be.

And I do miss the draft Warroom, that was a fantastic feature.

I read microsope's "introduction thread" and the recurring theme is that they were missing their "core members", and the place was a ghost town.

I agree with Mace, I'm good here.

Billszone.com - where Range admins are put out to pasture. :)

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                            Retired (mostly)
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                            Billszone.com - where Range admins are put out to pasture. :)
                            Or where Range Admins go to die before they move on to the Great Message Board in the Sky? Sort of an Elephant Graveyard.

But to play
                            that’s the thing
                            shut up and deal
                            ~ Jesse May

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MidnightVoice View Post
                              Or where Range Admins go to die before they move on to the Great Message Board in the Sky? Sort of an Elephant Graveyard.
                              Eh, with my luck, Chimp would be the one welcoming me to the message board in the sky.

Wonder what happened to him?

And I'm still wondering who the new guy is... ****...that's going to bug me now...I know I'll keep saying.."who the hell is that?"

****...wish I never saw this thread now.

Comment

• Rockstar
                                Zone Bartender
                                • Jul 2013

I cannot begin to say how pissed I would be if this is a scam over there. I want to state I respect the Zone for taking me in when the meltdown happened over there. If this is in fact a scam (i'm trusting it's not right now) I will do everything in my power to see that site die permanently. But until then I always loved the Range. It made me feel like home when I lived out of town.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍