Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Casserly has 7 QBS in 2014 draft class ranked ahead of EJ Manuel

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Charlie Casserly has 7 QBS in 2014 draft class ranked ahead of EJ Manuel

Look who really cares people rated ej bad because they said he was only a half read guy. Had nothing to do with accuracy in college game management or how he played in bowl games. Another guy was talked bad about and all he did was win at michigan. Ej has loads of physical ability whether he puts it together or not is up to him. These media guys are ridiculous and yes there was no luck last year but there is not this year either. The idea that bortles bridgewater and Manziel are superior talents over geno and ej is just plain laughable.

Ej and geno have a much better resume numbers and big game experience than any of these guys except mccaccarn who won two nats. Ej was 4-0 in bowls and I think geno was 3-1.

Mettenberger garapoloa Carr please.

There are three qbs I would consider drafting and not before round 4. Aaron Murray mettenberger I like him but in round 4 needs a lot of work. And tom savage.

Those are the only guys I think will ever do anything in this league. And I think ton savage is best of bunch was high on him since his fresh year at Rutgers

Thanks
    Thanked 30,560 Times in 17,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd take McCarron, Murray or Mettenberg anywhere from the fourth on,but that certainly isn't an indictment against EJ.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

better days (04-12-2014),mysticsoto (04-15-2014),Novacane (04-19-2014),The Popcorn (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I personally don't see anything about any of the QBs in this draft that stands out. I'm not a homer for EJ; I certainly have my suspicions...but if this was a great QB draft the Texans (who have NO QB) wouldn't be dying to trade down... And more teams would be trying to trade up.

Blake Bortles is a sequel to Blaine Gabbert (put up nice numbers in a crap conference for one year) Gabbert did that at Mizzou before they moved to the SEC. Bortles was virtually off the radar until late in the college season, and the reason he's in play to be the top pick is because he is the most "conventional" in terms of size and mechanics of all the other QBs.

Bridgewater has has a trainwreck of an offseason, has looked horrible at several team workouts. He also played in one of the worst if not the worst conference in college football.

Manziel is the QB with the most potential, however has only two years of experience... Aside from his small frame; people seem to forget that this guy is NOT a winner. An argument I hear about him is that he always finds a way to get the job done...if that was the case..wouldn't A&M have won the title? I slightly remember another unconventional QB who was "winner" named Tebow...and that worked out well...

Derek Carr very well may be the best QB in this draft, improving every year in a pro style system. The stigma surrounding him is obviously related to his brother flopping in the pros.

Was Manuel "overdrafted" last year...? I guess?

But to go ahead and say that this is a much better draft for QBs and that every QB is a better prospect than Manuel is flat out incorrect
    Last edited by more cowbell; 04-11-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo

5. Post thanked by:

better days (04-12-2014)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,907 Times in 4,362 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I have to wonder what people on this board would be saying about Casserly if he said he had no QB's in this draft ranked ahead of EJ.....
    For starters some Homer would have started a thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Homer
    Charlie Casserly had EJ Manuel ranked ahead of 7 QBS in 2014 draft class

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If only there were a Heath Schuler or David Carr in last years draft, Charlie......

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jry44 View Post
    If only there were a Heath Schuler or David Carr in last years draft, Charlie......

There were worse: EJ Manuel & Geno Smith

9. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    There were worse: EJ Manuel & Geno Smith
    You have the right to reserve judgment after one season. I'll wait to see more before I reserve judgment.

It's a good thing the Colts didn't proclaim Peyton Manning a bust after his rookie season. And Vince Young a hall of famer after his...... just saying.

And furthermore..... Casserly is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. That was my point.
    Last edited by Jry44; 04-12-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jry44 View Post
    You have the right to reserve judgment after one season. I'll wait to see more before I reserve judgment.

It's a good thing the Colts didn't proclaim Peyton Manning a bust after his rookie season. And Vince Young a hall of famer after his...... just saying.

And furthermore..... Casserly is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. That was my point.
    I remember watching Manning's rookie season and I though he was very good. He threw for 26TD a record that still stands.
    - what's important is that he showed what he can do: manipulate defenses, throw WR open, pin point accuracy, took advantage of what was there, etc...
    - the mistakes he was making were rookie mistakes that he could overcome.

* When is the last time a Bills QB threw as manny TDs as Payton during his rookie season?

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pro football is a life support system for hundreds of flacks.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with the first 5

Cincinatti > Buffalo
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Casserly is a stubborn bastard. He thought there were no 1st round QBs last year and he is sticking to it.
    I think he's right.
    The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Cincinatti > Buffalo
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    Here is how the NFL evaluated QBs in 1983

1—John Elway

7—Todd Blackledge

14—Jim Kelly

15—Tony Eason

24—Ken O'Brien

27—Dan Marino
    Marino had been rumored to be part of the cocaine use going on at Pitt. That's why he slid in that draft.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

* When is the last time a Bills QB threw as manny TDs as Payton during his rookie season?
    Now there is a realist's question, because it's objective, measured, and completely fair. Compare somebody who is in the discussion of the best QB in history to any rookie...uh-huh.

You know, you may want to check and see if there was even a single Bills quarterback that strictly started from the get-go as a rookie in the whole history of the team since the merger. I'm pretty sure that there is only a couple...there was Jim Kelly, who had experience in the USFL before his "rookie" season...so the whole "rookie" label may be a little tainted in that instance. And there was also Dennis Shaw, who was named Offensive Rookie of the Year the very year the merger happened.

Also, there is only ONE single quarterback that threw as many TDs as Manning as a rookie for ANY team, and that's Russell Wilson. Cam Newton holds the record for most overall TDs though: 21 passing and 14 rushing.

Peyton Manning also threw more interceptions as a rookie than anybody else did. When was the last time a Bill's rookie QB threw for more interceptions that Peyton Manning did, superior realist? I'm pretty sure that he holds the record for most LOSSES by a rookie QB that played all of the games too. The guy lost 13 games as a rookie. Troy Aikman didn't lose as many games; he only lost 11...but he didn't win a single game a rookie.

Again, Peyton Manning won THREE games a rookie. When was the last time a Bills rookie QB lost as many games? Never.

If you want to compare your rookie quarterback to Peyton Manning, then you should turn in your "realist" membership card and just proclaim yourself as a true asswipe.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-12-2014 at 11:18 PM.

17. Post thanked by:

better days (04-13-2014),Fixxxer (04-12-2014),mysticsoto (04-15-2014),YardRat (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really think some fans don't appreciate how special P.Manning and Brady are. Go back through the history of the league, and as far as finding QB's that can actually carry a team for an extended period of time, they are few and far between. Otto Graham, for sure. Maybe Bob Waterfield. Marino may be the closest thing in the Super Bowl era, as much as I hate to admit it. All of the other 'franchise' QB's pretty much had strong supporting casts around them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Now there is a realist's question, because it's objective, measured, and completely fair. Compare somebody who is in the discussion of the best QB in history to any rookie...uh-huh.

You know, you may want to check and see if there was even a single Bills quarterback that strictly started from the get-go as a rookie in the whole history of the team since the merger. I'm pretty sure that there is only a couple...there was Jim Kelly, who had experience in the USFL before his "rookie" season...so the whole "rookie" label may be a little tainted in that instance. And there was also Dennis Shaw, who was named Offensive Rookie of the Year the very year the merger happened.

Also, there is only ONE single quarterback that threw as many TDs as Manning as a rookie for ANY team, and that's Russell Wilson. Cam Newton holds the record for most overall TDs though: 21 passing and 14 rushing.

Peyton Manning also threw more interceptions as a rookie than anybody else did. When was the last time a Bill's rookie QB threw for more interceptions that Peyton Manning did, superior realist? I'm pretty sure that he holds the record for most LOSSES by a rookie QB that played all of the games too. The guy lost 13 games as a rookie. Troy Aikman didn't lose as many games; he only lost 11...but he didn't win a single game a rookie.

Again, Peyton Manning won THREE games a rookie. When was the last time a Bills rookie QB lost as many games? Never.

If you want to compare your rookie quarterback to Peyton Manning, then you should turn in your "realist" membership card and just proclaim yourself as a true asswipe.
    You have a reading comprehension problem.
    1) you were the one to bringing up and thus compare Manning's rookie year.

2)you infered that Payton played very poorly as a rookie which is not true. I clearly won that argument.

2) Payton's win/loss rookie record was 3 wins but the following season he won 13 games! Plus you forgot to mention that he was the #1 overall pick which means the Colts sucked pretty bad. When was the last time the Bills picked #1 overall?
    Did they ever have a #1 overall rookie QB take over the worst team in football? Nope. Do you think there is a chance in her EJ leads Bills to 13 wins in their second year? (Remember Colts were worst when Manning got there)

3) you assumed that my question was directed at Bills rookies only. It wasn't. When was the last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs Period. It's been a very long time.

The problem with a homer like yourself is that you can't see through the eyes of a realist. It's uncomprehendable to you. It's akin to you speaking Sanskrit tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-13-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lol. You don't think it's fair to compare EJ to Manning. Poor baby.

That's such a turd comment. If you feel that way than EJ is not your guy. Send him back to FSU & get a real QB because in the NFL they have to COMPETE against each other. They are both -presumably- trying to win an SB. Of course they have to compare, and when they so they will be compared.

Your acting if EJ is some pewee QB that needs protection & how dare you compare him & his first year to Payton's 1 st year. Poor EJ, he doest muster up.

Well in the real world they are competing vs each other and for the next 15 years guys like Russel Wilson, Luck, et al will be eating EJ's lunch because he doesn't compare well, he's not good enough, and he is not a Manning or a Luck or a Wilson.

- - - Updated - - -

That's such a turd comment. If you feel that way than EJ is not your guy. Send him back to FSU & get a real QB because in the NFL they have to COMPETE against each other. They are both -presumably- trying to win an SB. Of course they have to compare, and when they so they will be compared.

Your acting if EJ is some pewee QB that needs protection & how dare you compare him & his first year to Payton's 1 st year. Poor EJ, he doest muster up.

Well in the real world they are competing vs each other and for the next 15 years guys like Russel Wilson, Luck, et al will be eating EJ's lunch because he doesn't compare well, he's not good enough, and he is not a Manning or a Luck or a Wilson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2) Payton's win/loss rookie record was 3 wins but the following season he won 13 games! Plus you forgot to mention that he was the #1 overall pick which means the Colts sucked pretty bad. When was the last time the Bills picked #1 overall?
    Did they ever have a #1 overall rookie QB take over the worst team in football? Nope. Do you think there is a chance in her EJ leads Bills to 13 wins in their second year? (Remember Colts were worst when Manning got there)
    They also slid to 10-6 and then 6-10 the following two seasons...pretty confident that after his first four seasons and the trend downward in wins/losses, Colt 'realists' were 'logically' concluding that Manning wasn't the answer and the team needed to draft a QB.

22. Post thanked by:

mysticsoto (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have a reading comprehension problem.
    1) you were the one to bringing up and thus compare Manning's rookie year.
    LOL, I have a reading comprehension problem...and not you. I was NOT the one to bring up Manning's rookie year at all. Go back and check, partner.

2)you infered that Payton played very poorly as a rookie which is not true. I clearly won that argument.
    Again, I never inferred that Peyton played poorly as a rookie. Somebody else brought up how he threw so many TDs as a rookie, and I presented different stats.

Nice job winning an argument with me that never actually happened, realist.

My superior reading comprehension abilities tells me that this is the second #2 in your ordered list.

I understand that Manning went to a ****ty team, but the Colts made the playoffs the year BEFORE they had their 3-13 season that enabled them to get Manning, so it's not like they were THAT dismal roster-wise...look at what happened to the Falcons this year. It's been a while since the Bills picked #1 overall, but the Bills picked #3 overall a few years back, and they only had ONE fewer loss than Indy did the year they got Manning.

I think that Peyton Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. That's what I think. I think that if the Bills had someone like him, they'd obviously be contenders. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the importance of a franchise QB to your team, much less a first ballot consensus Hall of Fame quarterback.

And there are only a couple of QBs in the league that you can even put in the same sentence as Peyton Manning, so it's pretty stupid to compare your QB to him, if not a dishonest way to put somebody down. There are plenty of other valid reasons to put EJ down without resorting to this.

3) you assumed that my question was directed at Bills rookies only. It wasn't. When was the last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs Period. It's been a very long time.
    I'll give you that. The question wasn't directed at Bills rookies only.

But if you really want to go ape-**** over that stat, I would remind you that TD-to-INT ratio is the more important aspect. There are a lot of variables that play in as well, which I won't get into.

The problem with a homer like yourself is that you can't see through the eyes of a realist. It's uncomprehendable to you. It's akin to you speaking Sanskrit tomorrow.
    I'm not a homer, but I enjoy homers.

I just dislike your attitude tremendously, and it's because of ridiculous statements like this.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-13-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

**** you, Mike.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They also slid to 10-6 and then 6-10 the following two seasons...pretty confident that after his first four seasons and the trend downward in wins/losses, Colt 'realists' were 'logically' concluding that Manning wasn't the answer and the team needed to draft a QB.
    Lol. That's you thinking like a homer. Look at Russel Wilson now, many of the homers on this board downplay his achomishments. It's the homer thing to do, look at things as if they were in a vacuum.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.