Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Casserly has 7 QBS in 2014 draft class ranked ahead of EJ Manuel

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Charlie Casserly has 7 QBS in 2014 draft class ranked ahead of EJ Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    **** you, Mike.
    At one point, it was fun coming on this board and talking football. Many of the posters were knowledgable and reasonable. Now it seems that there're is no real football discussion. Just 2 groups with wildly different opinions.

The homers most often defend and take the Bills side regardless of what they do and god forbid you criticize them. When the Bills drafted Maybin, hired DJ, drafting Whitner over DT, hiring Chan Gaily, the Homers argued we should give benefit of doubt. Three years later, they scapegoat the coach & claim they knew all along that he was a poor choice.

We can't agree on how poorly a team that hasn't made it to playoffs for 15 years is. A number of them believe the Bills are a good team on the verge of playoffs & beyond. And every year, at least one homer predicts 19-0.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,530 Times in 17,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Lol. That's you thinking like a homer. Look at Russel Wilson now, many of the homers on this board downplay his achomishments. It's the homer thing to do, look at things as if they were in a vacuum.
    Yes because 'realists' understand the Seahawks are all about the QB, and their defense had nothing to do with their championship.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, we should get rid of Manuel right now. After all, these talking heads are always right.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

4. Post thanked by:

better days (04-14-2014),TacklingDummy (04-14-2014),The Popcorn (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And that's why cassserly is no longer a Gm, smh he could only come up with 7!!! Rofl!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

At one point, it was fun coming on this board and talking football. Many of the posters were knowledgable and reasonable. Now it seems that there're is no real football discussion. Just 2 groups with wildly different opinions.

The homers most often defend and take the Bills side regardless of what they do and god forbid you criticize them. When the Bills drafted Maybin, hired DJ, drafting Whitner over DT, hiring Chan Gaily, the Homers argued we should give benefit of doubt. Three years later, they scapegoat the coach & claim they knew all along that he was a poor choice.

We can't agree on how poorly a team that hasn't made it to playoffs for 15 years is. A number of them believe the Bills are a good team on the verge of playoffs & beyond. And every year, at least one homer predicts 19-0.
    If you want to talk about football, then talk about football.

If you want to patronize and attack other posters in a condescending matter, then I'll tell you where to go. I don't care WHAT you say if you are going to take that attitude. If you're not having fun posting here, then don't do it. I won't miss you. Your stereotypes are ridiculous. YOU are the one drawing an arbitrary line in the sand, and not anybody else. If I want to have some douche-bag school me about the nature of reality, I think I'd rather slit my wrists instead.

Grow up.

If somebody wants to give Doug Marrone and Doug Whaley the benefit of the doubt, for example, why should you have a problem with that to the point of insult? You got a problem, pal.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (04-14-2014),Novacane (04-19-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Yes because 'realists' understand the Seahawks are all about the QB, and their defense had nothing to do with their championship.
    Exactly you look at things in a vacuum. That defense is killer and helped them win the SB, but the way Wilson played on that game - keeping the chains moving, throwing TDs- also plaid a mojor role. And by the way, without Wilson, Seattle doesn't even go to SB, they loose to SF in championship game.

Homer downplaying the Best Start a QB has ever Had to a Career.

Name 1 QB that accomplished more in his first 2 Seasons. Name 1!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you want to talk about football, then talk about football.

If you want to patronize and attack other posters in a condescending matter, then I'll tell you where to go. I don't care WHAT you say if you are going to take that attitude. If you're not having fun posting here, then don't do it. I won't miss you. Your stereotypes are ridiculous. YOU are the one drawing an arbitrary line in the sand, and not anybody else. If I want to have some douche-bag school me about the nature of reality, I think I'd rather slit my wrists instead.

Grow up.

If somebody wants to give Doug Marrone and Doug Whaley the benefit of the doubt, for example, why should you have a problem with that to the point of insult? You got a problem, pal.

You sound like an old man having a problem because someone on the internet doesn't agree with you.

Poor baby, I compared your EJ to Manning and you didn't think it was fair because EJ is not good enough.

You still can't call a spade a spade. When's the last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You sound like an old man having a problem because someone on the internet doesn't agree with you.

Poor baby, I compared your EJ to Manning and you didn't think it was fair because EJ is not good enough.

You still can't call a spade a spade. When's the last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs?
    And you sound like an arrogant *******. I'm not actually upset, and what I'm doing here is EXACTLY calling a spade a spade. You are an arrogant douche. That's what I call being a realist.

Kind of unbelievable that you would accuse others of having a problem with those that disagree with them, because that's the problem YOU have, and that's why we're having this particular discussion in the first place. Somebody thinks differently and you start calling them all sorts of names and try to belittle them...then you have the audacity to wonder why somebody else would not take kindly to that...that is if you ever even thought that one through, which you obviously haven't.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-13-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And you sound like an arrogant *******. I'm not actually upset, and what I'm doing here is EXACTLY calling a spade a spade. You are an arrogant douche. That's what I call being a realist.

Kind of unbelievable that you would accuse others of having a problem with those that disagree with them, because that's the problem YOU have, and that's why we're having this particular discussion in the first place. Somebody thinks differently and you start calling them all sorts of names and try to belittle them...then you have the audacity to wonder why somebody else would not take kindly to that...that is if you ever even thought that one through, which you obviously haven't.
    You said: 'someone thinks differently..' Then you go on to call me a 'douche.' for disagreeing with you.

You still won't answer the question!

When was last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You said: 'someone thinks differently..' Then you go on to call me a 'douche.' for disagreeing with you.

You still won't answer the question!

When was last time a Bills QB threw for 26TDs?
    I called you a douche because that is what you are. I didn't call you a douche for disagreeing with me about anything. In fact, we really haven't talked about much except of how much of a douche I think you truely are. And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with whatever it is you think about the Bills. Keep that in mind. I disagree with people being douches.

What's the difference when the last time a Bills QB threw for 26 TDs? What point are you trying to make? If you are saying that the Bills have been sorely lacking the QB department for years, well then no **** Sherlock. That's been right at the top of the list as the reasons why the Bills haven't been good.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-13-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know about 7, but, I bet there are 4 QBs in this draft that are better then EJ. Let's force a 1st round QB choice in one of the worst QB drafts and then wonder why this team hasn't made the playoffs.

14. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (04-15-2014),jills (04-15-2014),swiper (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    I don't know about 7, but, I bet there are 4 QBs in this draft that are better then EJ. Let's force a 1st round QB choice in one of the worst QB drafts and then wonder why this team hasn't made the playoffs.

Some of us get that.

16. Post thanked by:

alohabillsfan (04-15-2014),jills (04-15-2014),sudzy (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK, name your 4 QB's that you think are better than EJ.

At the end of the year we can compare & see who had the better year

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just read on profootballtalk.com that the stock of the top QB's is dropping.

The Bills could have their pick of the best QB in the draft again this year if that is true.

I would not mind if the Bills draft a QB at #9 if they think he has more potential than EJ does, but I don't think that will be the case.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We needed a QB! The stands would have been empty with another year of Fitz. Whether we overdrafted Manuel will all depend on if he pans out and he still may. We wanted first choice on a QB and we even picked up an extra 2nd by trading down. If Manuel busts he busts, lots of QB's taken before 16 do. So what? Picking the right QB is the most difficult and essential job a team has. I'm not mad we tried and maybe whiffed on Manuel. I'm more mad we passed on Kaepernick and Wilson. And I'd be brave enough to take another at 9 if we think he has more potential than Manuel. The idea that he draft is a real science is laughable. Tom Brady went in the 6th round. Joe Montana went in the 3rd round. Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall. It ain't easy.

20. Post thanked by:

better days (04-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    We needed a QB! The stands would have been empty with another year of Fitz. Whether we overdrafted Manuel will all depend on if he pans out and he still may. We wanted first choice on a QB and we even picked up an extra 2nd by trading down. If Manuel busts he busts, lots of QB's taken before 16 do. So what? Picking the right QB is the most difficult and essential job a team has. I'm not mad we tried and maybe whiffed on Manuel. I'm more mad we passed on Kaepernick and Wilson. And I'd be brave enough to take another at 9 if we think he has more potential than Manuel. The idea that he draft is a real science is laughable. Tom Brady went in the 6th round. Joe Montana went in the 3rd round. Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall. It ain't easy.
    Obviously the Bills had to draft a QB in 2013. I think the other obvious point, however, is that QB was a critical need for at least the past 5 years (every since Losman was pushed aside) and the fact that the front office did nothing to address the position for years and then tied/forced their own hand into absolutely needing to draft a QB in a down year for QB prospects, was a mistake.

The team should have been actively looking for a young QB long before the 2013 draft and the fact that there are several very successful young QBs who were not top 10 picks, or even first rounders (Wilson, Kaepernick, Dalton, Foles, etc.), is what causes many Bills fans some angst.

22. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Obviously the Bills had to draft a QB in 2013. I think the other obvious point, however, is that QB was a critical need for at least the past 5 years (every since Losman was pushed aside) and the fact that the front office did nothing to address the position for years and then tied/forced their own hand into absolutely needing to draft a QB in a down year for QB prospects, was a mistake.

The team should have been actively looking for a young QB long before the 2013 draft and the fact that there are several very successful young QBs who were not top 10 picks, or even first rounders (Wilson, Kaepernick, Dalton, Foles, etc.), is what causes many Bills fans some angst.
    It wasn't that they weren't actively looking. They admitted they were looking. What they did was pass on a couple real talents. But that's over and done with. If we spent out time gnashing teeth over Bills draft blunders we'd have no time to suck air. I'm not giving the Bills a pass, just pointing out what should be obvious that the draft is not easy. Charlie Casserly sure knows this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It wasn't that they weren't actively looking. They admitted they were looking. What they did was pass on a couple real talents. But that's over and done with. If we spent out time gnashing teeth over Bills draft blunders we'd have no time to suck air. I'm not giving the Bills a pass, just pointing out what should be obvious that the draft is not easy. Charlie Casserly sure knows this.
    I don't think it was at all apparent that they were actively looking. They made no attempts to draft anyone and did not bring in legitimate development guys either. It is not like they drafted Colt McCoy and then figured out he was not the answer - the problem was they did not even swing the bat.

They blew it and put themsevles in the absolute worst position to be in. That is why they should not hestiate to bring in a 3rd or 4th round guy this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    I don't think it was at all apparent that they were actively looking. They made no attempts to draft anyone and did not bring in legitimate development guys either. It is not like they drafted Colt McCoy and then figured out he was not the answer - the problem was they did not even swing the bat.

They blew it and put themsevles in the absolute worst position to be in. That is why they should not hestiate to bring in a 3rd or 4th round guy this year.
    They said point blank they wanted a franchise QB and they were very interested in Cam Newton. Passing on players doesn't mean you don't want a QB, exhibit A Blaine Gabbert. They just weren't sold on guys that were out there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They said point blank they wanted a franchise QB and they were very interested in Cam Newton. Passing on players doesn't mean you don't want a QB, exhibit A Blaine Gabbert. They just weren't sold on guys that were out there.
    Saying they are intersted in the #1 overall pick is pretty meaningless. I am sure they were interested in Andrew Luck too, but since they did not put themselves in position to get him they needed to have an alternative plan in place and they failed to do that over a multi-year period.