X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Charlie Casserly has 7 QBS in 2014 draft class ranked ahead of EJ Manuel

We all knew even last year that it was a weak QB draft.

Unfortunately the front office picked the wrong year to decide to finally draft a QB.

Comment

• black N yellow
      • Dec 2012

Charley-Casserly.jpg

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
        Charlie Casserly is a very handsome man.
        Oh this was awesome.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I'm not sure that's true and this isn't about being 20/20. This is simply stating he has some really suspect QB evaluations under his belt.
          That's true. Just because others had him as 1st overall doesn't amount to much. I hope that we continue to apply this logical sentiment across the board.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
            Whatever one might think of Charlie Casserly's ability to evaluate QBs, I think the OP is trying to make an apples to apples comparison that just isn't apples to apples. Last year's draft was last year's draft, and besides different QBs, the rest of the players are all different too. He may well have a lower opinion of Manuel than all the other QBs, but unless he comes out and says, "I like all these QBs better than Manuel," we can't be certain of how he ranks him based on how they are ranked in a mock draft or big board of this year's players. Where is the link, anyways?
            This isn't intellectually honest. Draft classes are constantly compared to each other and the best FOs plan ahead with some knowledge of who to expect to become draft eligible.

For instance, it was known ahead of time (via comparisons) that last years QB class was weak. The prior year it was predicted that it would be a very strong class with Luck & RG3. This years overall draft class is very very strong. This is one of the best draft classes to come out in some time.
            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              It's pretty humorous that 'realists' cling to the notion that they can see into the future.
              Only you:) would confuse the past and the future.

PS: What I'm actually doing is looking into the past.
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Charlie Casserly drafted David Carr #1 overall…

Any questions?
                David Carr was rated that high. If he hadn't taken Carr, the next guy would have. That's BS reasoning at it's best.

The FACT is there are QBs in this draft that are CLEARLY better than EJ Manuel. To sit and say "EJ is our guy just go with it" is stupid.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

I'm not sure that's true and this isn't about being 20/20. This is simply stating he has some really suspect QB evaluations under his belt.
                  WTF? You don't deseve to call yourself Draftboy - that's a joke.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    David Carr was rated that high. If he hadn't taken Carr, the next guy would have. That's BS reasoning at it's best.

The FACT is there are QBs in this draft that are CLEARLY better than EJ Manuel. To sit and say "EJ is our guy just go with it" is stupid.
                    Rated that high by who? The "media experts"?

It just goes to prove the draft is an inexact guessing game, not an exact science.

All 7 of those QB's may prove to be better than EJ, or EJ may prove to be better than all 7 of them.

Or EJ may prove to be better than some of them but not others. Time will tell.

Myself, I'm not in love with any of the QB's in this draft like I was with Russell Wilson or Mike Glennon.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      WTF? You don't deseve to call yourself Draftboy - that's a joke.
                      You obviously havent been around here long enough to know that he knows what hes talking about. You sir are a JOKE

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

He'd be number 4 on my list. This is one of the stronger QB classes we've ever seen, so he's not going out on much of a limb.

Comment

• jills
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                          On NFLN Casserly has these 7 QBS ranked ahead of where he had Manuel last year

1.Bridgewater
                          2.Manziel
                          3.Bortles
                          4.Carr
                          5.Garropolo
                          6.McCarron
                          7.Mettenburger

Wow.. I wonder if other draft experts think more highly of Garropolo and McCarron than Manuel
                          I bet the homers don't like this because their logic just went down the toilet. Casserly is a former NFL GM so his opinion is more valuable than any of the posters in this messageboard.

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

I would support the Bills front offices' reasonable use of a 3rd or 4th round draft pick on a QB in this draft. EJ is no sure thing and it would be smart to have a back-up plan, and that back-up plan would not preclude me from drafting another QB early in the 2015 draft if EJ flops this season.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                              Retired (mostly)
                              • Mar 2003

Here is how the NFL evaluated QBs in 1983

1—John Elway

7—Todd Blackledge

14—Jim Kelly

15—Tony Eason

24—Ken O'Brien

27—Dan Marino

But to play
                              that’s the thing
                              shut up and deal
                              ~ Jesse May

Comment

• DesertFox24
                                • Jul 2005

Did he not draft Heath Shuler as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X