Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: New stadium rumors

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: New stadium rumors

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I don't think anyone could come up with a worse list of sites in Western New York than the above list.
    Sounds like you have a problem with WNY then... unless you have a better list for our better days... better days?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    Sounds like you have a problem with WNY then... unless you have a better list for our better days... better days?
    I already posted it.

1) Batavia

2) Lancaster- site of the former speedway

3) Orchard Park- where the Stadium now sits

4) Downtown- but not the outer harbor.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I already posted it.

1) Batavia

2) Lancaster- site of the former speedway

3) Orchard Park- where the Stadium now sits

4) Downtown- but not the outer harbor.
    Your not in favor of a Getzville/Amherst location as a multiuse facility between UB and the Bills? Extend the rail from UB south. There is also an extensive busing system that the school has between the two campuses.

Millersport Hwy, Maple Road, Sheridan, Union/N Forest, 990, 290, Transit Road all access points. (not including Main St/33 if we are talking about using transit from UB SOUTH)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    You are right. The geographic middle would be North in Niagara Falls, which is why I would understand building it there.

Building it in the middle of freaking nowhere with absolutely nothing around it just seems foolish.

I prefer Downtown Buffalo of course. No city with a downtown stadium has easy access in and out on game day. Why even discuss that matter. Of course getting in and out will be hard. I would hope a downtown stadium would include a more revamped trolly/Metrorail system.

Building a stadium in a tiny town like Batavia would just be VERY odd. While the stadium committe certainly needs to explore all possibilities I would throw out a guarantee it will not be in Batavia because as stated it is in the middle of nowhere, and further away from the geographic middle of the fan base.
    It's very obvious you've never been to Batavia. Maybe you don't know this but Batavia is a CITY.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You are right. The geographic middle would be North in Niagara Falls, which is why I would understand building it there.

Building it in the middle of freaking nowhere with absolutely nothing around it just seems foolish.

I prefer Downtown Buffalo of course. No city with a downtown stadium has easy access in and out on game day. Why even discuss that matter. Of course getting in and out will be hard. I would hope a downtown stadium would include a more revamped trolly/Metrorail system.

Building a stadium in a tiny town like Batavia would just be VERY odd. While the stadium committe certainly needs to explore all possibilities I would throw out a guarantee it will not be in Batavia because as stated it is in the middle of nowhere, and further away from the geographic middle of the fan base.
    You just don't like the idea because you would have to travel so far. Guess what? I travel one hour each way to get to orchard park now. Batavia for me would be a 50 minute drive. Batavia has just as much infrastructure as Buffalo minus 15 story buildings.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lets simplify.
    The Western NY Bills, anywhere on the thruway between the Depew and Batavia exits.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BS. The roads to the Ralph handle the traffic just fine.

And as has been pointed out already, the access is good to the site of the former Lancaster raceway.

As far as the Outer Harbor, Polencrantz said it was a bad idea for the reasons I named.
    First of all, you obviously struggle with reading comprehension. I'm talking about a new stadium, not the current one.

Second, Poloncarz is full of crap and can be trusted about as far as I can throw the Harbor Center.

I don't have any problem with Lancaster, but I can tell you that people who live out that way are already tweaking about traffic and noise from the Thruway.

Building a stadium on the Outer Harbor would disturb no one. Would displace no one. And it would help get rid of an eyesore of a white elephant the needs to go away.

The situation would be almost identical to Cleveland's, and that is a great stadium. The difference is, ours would have better parking.

8. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (04-15-2014),Don't Panic (04-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    Your not in favor of a Getzville/Amherst location as a multiuse facility between UB and the Bills? Extend the rail from UB south. There is also an extensive busing system that the school has between the two campuses.

Millersport Hwy, Maple Road, Sheridan, Union/N Forest, 990, 290, Transit Road all access points. (not including Main St/33 if we are talking about using transit from UB SOUTH)
    It makes to much sense considering we have a division I school & could use a huge capacity there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post

That would be an option as well.

As Hurky said, anywhere in WNY is no problem for me.

I just don't see the Falls or outer harbor happening..........unless Trump gets involved.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I want the stadium close to downtown or Niagara Falls and the infrastructure to follow.

If the stadium goes in NF I heard they might then build a practice facility and team headquarters near UB and share with the D1 team which is a neat idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Knocking down all those old buildings and building it on the old harbor is the answer. I'd prefer they turn that into an actual Harbor and something more scenic, but that is an insane amount of money that will never be raised. At least we won't have rusty old buildings.

Can't wait to move back to Buffalo, just a few more months.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    First of all, you obviously struggle with reading comprehension. I'm talking about a new stadium, not the current one.

Second, Poloncarz is full of crap and can be trusted about as far as I can throw the Harbor Center.

I don't have any problem with Lancaster, but I can tell you that people who live out that way are already tweaking about traffic and noise from the Thruway.

Building a stadium on the Outer Harbor would disturb no one. Would displace no one. And it would help get rid of an eyesore of a white elephant the needs to go away.

The situation would be almost identical to Cleveland's, and that is a great stadium. The difference is, ours would have better parking.
    They could build a new Stadium at the site of the current one as other Cities have done.

Noise in Lancaster? even if true which I doubt, it is one day a week 10-12 weeks a year & the thruway has been there forever.

And I doubt a NFL Stadium would make more noise than the Speedway did.

Upgrading the roads in the outer harbor would be more expensive than the locations I named.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    I want the stadium close to downtown or Niagara Falls and the infrastructure to follow.

If the stadium goes in NF I heard they might then build a practice facility and team headquarters near UB and share with the D1 team which is a neat idea.
    I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities.

They would be stepping on each others toes.

Name me one NFL team & university that do that.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities.
    Maybe he meant just share the stadium for games. I'm sure UB has a practice field on campus.

But that brings up a point...what to do with Bulls Stadium if they share one with the Bills?
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Maybe he meant just share the stadium for games. I'm sure UB has a practice field on campus.

But that brings up a point...what to do with Bulls Stadium if they share one with the Bills?
    Well, the USF Bulls play in the same Stadium the Bucs play in, so they could do that as long as it is not on real grass.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think it is a STUPID idea for the Bills & UB to share practice facilities..
    This is why people treat you like an idiot. Because you act like one.

You can disagree with someone without calling their ideas STUPID.

I'll bet you got the snot kicked out of you a lot when you were a kid.

None of these ideas is any better than the next, at this point.

The important part of the question "Where to put the new stadium?" isn't the "Where to put..." part. The important part is "Holy crap---NEW STADIUM!!!"

18. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    This is why people treat you like an idiot. Because you act like one.

You can disagree with someone without calling their ideas STUPID.

I'll bet you got the snot kicked out of you a lot when you were a kid.

None of these ideas is any better than the next, at this point.

The important part of the question "Where to put the new stadium?" isn't the "Where to put..." part. The important part is "Holy crap---NEW STADIUM!!!"
    Give me a friggen break.

I called the IDEA STUPID & it is, but I did not call the person that posted it stupid & denigrate him as you & some others do to me all the time.

BITE ME AHOLE.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    It's very obvious you've never been to Batavia. Maybe you don't know this but Batavia is a CITY.
    Bull**** my wife is from there. I go there all the time. It is no city. It is a suburb like williamsville but smaller.
    There is nothing going on there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bull**** my wife is from there. I go there all the time. It is no city. It is a suburb like williamsville but smaller.
    There is nothing going on there.
    What is going on in Foxborough?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What is going on in Foxborough?
    Who cares what does it have to do with this situation?