Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Teddy Bridgewater's Draft Status Dropping

Quote Originally Posted by PFT
    Bridgewater struggling in private workouts

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 12, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
    AP
    Former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater disappointed the NFL scouts, coaches and executives in attendance with a shaky performance at his Pro Day workout. Fortunately for Bridgewater, there are lots of private workouts between Pro Day and the draft, giving him lots of opportunities to change NFL perceptions of him.

Unfortunately for Bridgewater, those private workouts haven’t gone any better than his Pro Day. According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bridgewater’s workouts for NFL teams have been very shaky.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...vate-workouts/

The general sense seems to be that Bridgewater is sliding on draft boards. However, all it takes is one team to love Bridgewater, and he’ll still be a high first-round pick.
    Last edited by swiper; 04-12-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Teddy Bridgewater's Draft Status Dropping

He isn't going to be anything in the NFL. He's kinda dumb for a QB, he lacks size and accuracy too. He has bust written all over him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fall from grace continues:

Mike Mayock: I wouldn’t use a first-round pick on Teddy Bridgewater

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
    AP
    Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was once viewed as a potential first overall pick of the Texans in this year’s NFL draft. Now he may not even be a Top 32 pick.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock is the latest to say that Bridgewater looked so bad in his Pro Day that it’s a reason to re-evaluate everything he put on tape.

“If I was a GM in the NFL, I would not take him in the first round of the draft,” Mayock said of Bridgewater on the Petros and Money Show, viaNFL.com.

Mayock said he liked what he saw on tape from Bridgewater, but he had no choice to change his mind after seeing Bridgewater throw in person at Louisville.

“I would say in general, tape is worth about 85 percent of an overall grade, and the rest of the process is set up for red flags, and to go back and watch more tape to try to confirm what you saw or didn’t see,” Mayock said. “I saw about four of his tapes prior to the combine, and I really liked him. I thought he had a chance to be a franchise quarterback from what I saw on the tape. . . . Except you’ve got to see the quarterbacks throw the ball live. I’ve never seen a top-level quarterback in the last 10 years have a bad pro day, until Teddy Bridgewater. He had no accuracy, the ball came out funny, the arm strength wasn’t there, and it made me question everything I saw on tape because this was live.”

So maybe the Texans will take Bridgewater. With the 33rd pick.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-bridgewater/

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,536 Times in 2,763 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He will try out for the argos and then he is flipping burgers after that.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bridgewater is top of the Browns expensive list of QBs (LOL):

According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN, the Browns commissioned a study of the quarterback position that cost $100,000 and entailed a great deal of research into which qualities go into success at the most important position in football. The study began under former team President Joe Banner and was only recently completed, after Banner left.

The study, which used advanced analytics to examine every quarterback who has played in the last two decades, concluded that the best quarterback in this year’s draft is Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.
    LINK: Browns spent $100,000 on advanced study of quarterbacks

April Showers & Easter 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well Teddy is now with the Vikings and could start at QB or wait a year to begin in 2015.
    ​April Showers and Easter!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Captain Obvious French Fry