• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'm thinking the Islanders give us their pick this year

I just don't see how anyone at 5 is worth the risk of missing out on McDavid.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I'm thinking the Islanders give us their pick this year

It would be a wise move on their part.

When is the deadline for the decision?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

When is the deadline for the decision?
      June 1st..

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

On a related note, anyone think Vanek re-signs with them?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

The Islanders have 6 weeks to speculate/wonder if Michael Dal Colle will make it to 5.. Because Dal Colle and Tavares on the same line would be a match made in heaven.. A lot of depends on how muck they like Nikolaj Ehlers and Nick Ritchie.. If they don't think Dal Colle gets past Calgary @4 and they're not that enamored of Ehlers or Ritchie that increases the likelihood The Isles would give the Sabres the 5th pick

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Not likely..

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

With the Canadians? I doubt it unless they goes deep into the playoffs.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              With the Canadians? I doubt it unless they goes deep into the playoffs.
              I forgot he got moved at the deadline.

So what exactly did the Islanders gain from that trade?

**** we all knew the Sabres would suck and this year was all about prepping for the future. The Islanders apparently hoped Vanek would get them over the hump but all that happened was that they gave up a lot for him and now have a very difficult decision about that first round pick. That decision-making is just bad on an epic level.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

I forgot he got moved at the deadline.

So what exactly did the Islanders gain from that trade?

**** we all knew the Sabres would suck and this year was all about prepping for the future. The Islanders apparently hoped Vanek would get them over the hump but all that happened was that they gave up a lot for him and now have a very difficult decision about that first round pick. That decision-making is just bad on an epic level.
                New York Islanders traded Thomas Vanek and a conditional 5th round selection in 2014 to the Montreal Canadiens for Sebastian Collberg and a conditional 2nd round selection in 2014.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  New York Islanders traded Thomas Vanek and a conditional 5th round selection in 2014 to the Montreal Canadiens for Sebastian Collberg and a conditional 2nd round selection in 2014.
                  But the gave up Moulson and a first. That's a net loss by far.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

But the gave up Moulson and a first. That's a net loss by far.
                    Actually they gave up Moulson, a 1st and a 2nd. Toss in we got Minnesota's 2nd in 2014 and 2016 for Moulson and McCormick.

Or simplified:

Sabres gained Torey Mitchell, Islanders 1st in 2014 or 2015, Minnesota's 2nd in 2014, Islanders 2nd in 2015, Minnesota's 2nd in 2016.
                    Sabres lost Vanek/Moulson and Cody McCormick.

Islanders gained Sebastian Collberg and a conditional 2nd round selection in 2014.
                    Islanders lost Moulson/Vanek, 1st in 2014 or 2015, conditional 5th round conditional in 2014 and a 2nd rounder in 2015.

Canadians gained Vanek.
                    Canadians lost Sebastian Collberg and 2014 conditional 5th rounder.

Minnesota gained Moulson and McCormick.
                    Minnesota lost Torrey Mitchell, a 2nd round selection in 2014 and a 2nd round selection in 2016.

Of course both Vanek and Moulson are both UFAs after the season so Montreal and Minnesota might lose more yet the heavy rumor is Vanek will sign in Minnesota and Moulson might rejoin the Islanders. The Sabres will also not have Vanek's salary against the cap next year. I'm hoping we use it to try and lure Paul Paul Stastny but that might be a pipe dream.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-15-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

everything ive read suggests the isles will toll the pick.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• GreedoII
                        • Aug 2007

I just don't see how anyone at 5 is worth the risk of missing out on McDavid.
                        Agreed. The only scenario is if they won the 1st pick and they would keep it, but Murray may have tried to get that pick I think if they did by giving back that 1st to them and a little extra like some 2nd rounders.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

They would be stupid to give us the pick this year. Anyone who thinks they will automatically be epic bad next year is fooling themselves. Hell, they could get a rookie who turns out great and pairs with Tavares to make an unbelievable line. You can never automatically assume a team will be bad.

Comment

• GreedoII
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                            They would be stupid to give us the pick this year. Anyone who thinks they will automatically be epic bad next year is fooling themselves. Hell, they could get a rookie who turns out great and pairs with Tavares to make an unbelievable line. You can never automatically assume a team will be bad.
                            Not unless you have a dope like Snow building a team

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                              But look at that division:

The Pens aren't getting worse, sure they're not going far in the playoffs with MAF but regular season MAF is only50% MAF. He doesn't go full MAF until it counts.
                              The Rangers are getting better, King Henri is still the best goalie in the NHL and their D is outstanding.
                              The Flyers have missed the playoffs twice in the last 17 years. After starting as the worse team in the NHL they've been one of the best.
                              The BJ's are pretty good and improving
                              The Caps have a lot more talent than the Isles. JT is really good, but is he better than Ovi?
                              The devils lead the league in OT appearances, turn a few into wins and they're a playoff team.

I have a hard time seeing them get past any of those teams. I just don't see a playoff team. And the only difference between the 4th worst team and the 10th worst team is how early in the season they quit.

They've got just as good a chance to be worse as they do to be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X