Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dog14787
    • Oct 2010

Re: For The Love of God, and Football I Hope The Bills Bring Back The Red End Zones

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
    Do people actually get paid to conduct such studies?

Anyway, I never thought to think about it before, but those red endzones are far superior than any other color. The OP makes a point.
    Not only does OP make a good point about the looks, it actually might help the teams red zone performance in my opinion.

Comment

• Syderick
      • Apr 2006

Re: For The Love of God, and Football I Hope The Bills Bring Back The Red End Zones

Let's ask the Bills opponents which one they like better.
      3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Bud Light or Pepsi?
        There ya go! The AHL hockey Bisons and the Pastor Bros.

Youth and Professional Sports Benefactors In 1936 three young entrepreneurs, Ruby, Sam and Al Pastor, bought a used truck for $48 and started a new business delivering flavored soft drinks in the Bronx. In 1954, the brother relocated to Buffalo, where they experienced tremendous growth. Today, the Pepsi-Cola Buffalo Bottling Company and other Pastor family
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
          That's my recollection , quite fetching
          "Stop trying to make fetch happen."

Sorry. I'm kind of obsessed with Rachel McAdams.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

I just like the red end zones because they remind me of better times.

For some reason, whenever I think of them, I think of Andre sliding in the middle of the end zone for a TD in the Comeback Game (bows head in reverence).

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Silly as it sounds, the Bills changed the helmets to red in 1984 because they felt it would be easier for Ferguson to see his receivers in red, as opposed to white, which the Dolphins and Colts wore. Jets had already changed to green I believe.

Anyways, back in the 80's, the end zones were red, probably to match the helmet. The word BILLS was in blue when they wore blue cages, then changed to white when they switched to white cages in 1987.

And BTW, the end zones and logos were never really "painted".

It was different colored sections of astroturf that was sewn in.

Comment

• UltimateBillsFan
                • Oct 2007

Is this a real thread? If we're winning, I don't care if the endzones are **** brown. Ridiculous thread

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by UltimateBillsFan View Post
                  Is this a real thread? If we're winning, I don't care if the endzones are **** brown. Ridiculous thread
                  Lighten up, Francis.

It's April.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by UltimateBillsFan View Post
                    The red end zones remind the die-hard fans of the last time the Bills were winning.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      Silly as it sounds, the Bills changed the helmets to red in 1984 because they felt it would be easier for Ferguson to see his receivers in red, as opposed to white, which the Dolphins and Colts wore. Jets had already changed to green I believe.

Anyways, back in the 80's, the end zones were red, probably to match the helmet. The word BILLS was in blue when they wore blue cages, then changed to white when they switched to white cages in 1987.

And BTW, the end zones and logos were never really "painted".

It was different colored sections of astroturf that was sewn in.

BTW - thanks for posting the Briscoe image...one of my favorite Bills.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        BTW - thanks for posting the Briscoe image...one of my favorite Bills.
                        I believe those 3D type cards came in Post cereals.

Comment

Working...
                        X