• Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jim Kelly to Bid on Bills with D Trump

Originally posted by The Popcorn View Post
    Why is that?
    He's a celebrity owner (Brown was a Governor who was married to Miss America, Phyllis George) who has no ties to Buffalo.

I'm praying for my friend Jim, but there's a lot of uncertainty right now.

Trump cares about his celebrity status, not Buffalo, and with Buffalo possibly being the least "chic" market in the NFL (Green Bay has a mystique to it--we don't) I don't think Trump would keep the team here beyond the current lease.

I want the team here for 20 or 30 years.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

You want a team here for the long haul ? You build a commercial network through Trump around the stadium to make it an event. Trump builds events & brings celebrity type status to any area he's involved in, not all of it positive mind you but it'd be better than not having what we have now. We have a limited market with no real connections or investments besides a limited base.

Will Trump be the best owner ? No idea but he's been way up & way down, how different is he from Buffalo ?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm wary of Trump, even if Kelly is involved, and really would rather not have Thurman anywhere near the team except to attend games and alumni functions.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

John Wawrow, who wrote the story, said Kelly and Trump are not linked together. Which is what I heard as well years ago (i.e. I heard Kelly was linked with someone else).

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            You want a team here for the long haul ? You build a commercial network through Trump around the stadium to make it an event. Trump builds events & brings celebrity type status to any area he's involved in, not all of it positive mind you but it'd be better than not having what we have now. We have a limited market with no real connections or investments besides a limited base.

Will Trump be the best owner ? No idea but he's been way up & way down, how different is he from Buffalo ?
            I'll take Pegula, thanks. Proven commitment. Actual, tangible money spent. And he has more money than Trump.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
              This just hit me...

Jim Kelly is a republican. Donald Trump is a republican. Thurman Thomas is a republican too.

Jimbo and Thurman know football. Trump knows business. Their politics agree.

Want to get a new stadium built within the next 10 years or less?

Donald Trump knows how to build a product, massive structures included.

WNY should be a much better product with Niagara Falls and a professional football team in our hands.

"Let's go, Buffalo?"

Not anymore. If it's not working, change. Change is strange, and difficult...and expensive, but if they build a new, better idea...the people will come.

Let's get Better, Buffalo.

And Niagara Falls....holy crap. It's a gem but it's covered in mud no matter how much water goes over the Falls.

From a business perspective, Niagara Falls, NY is a dump full of opportunity. All it needs is a huge makeover.

Western New Yorker's are sick and tired of sitting on New York City's bleachers.

One great businessman and two great football players can make Buffalo, NY a great city once again.

This Easter Eve has death and renewal in the air. Buffalo has been down for a while, but now it's time to rise up again....and get BETTER.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim is going to win this game.
              Can I hit you?
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                I'll take Pegula, thanks. Proven commitment. Actual, tangible money spent. And he has more money than Trump.
                I'd favor Pegs because a) he's younger, b) has money to burn and can make more if he needs to, and c) has a commitment to the area. Sure the Sabres have sucked since he took over, but they're not going anywhere for my lifetime and will surely get better eventually.

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                  This just hit me...

Jim Kelly is a republican. Donald Trump is a republican. Thurman Thomas is a republican too.

Jimbo and Thurman know football. Trump knows business. Their politics agree.

Want to get a new stadium built within the next 10 years or less?

Donald Trump knows how to build a product, massive structures included.

WNY should be a much better product with Niagara Falls and a professional football team in our hands.

"Let's go, Buffalo?"

Not anymore. If it's not working, change. Change is strange, and difficult...and expensive, but if they build a new, better idea...the people will come.

Let's get Better, Buffalo.

And Niagara Falls....holy crap. It's a gem but it's covered in mud no matter how much water goes over the Falls.

From a business perspective, Niagara Falls, NY is a dump full of opportunity. All it needs is a huge makeover.

Western New Yorker's are sick and tired of sitting on New York City's bleachers.

One great businessman and two great football players can make Buffalo, NY a great city once again.

This Easter Eve has death and renewal in the air. Buffalo has been down for a while, but now it's time to rise up again....and get BETTER.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim is going to win this game.

How about this, D Trump and JK President and Vice President of the United States

Comment

• The Popcorn
                    Cincinatti > Buffalo
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                    He's a celebrity owner (Brown was a Governor who was married to Miss America, Phyllis George) who has no ties to Buffalo.

I'm praying for my friend Jim, but there's a lot of uncertainty right now.

Trump cares about his celebrity status, not Buffalo, and with Buffalo possibly being the least "chic" market in the NFL (Green Bay has a mystique to it--we don't) I don't think Trump would keep the team here beyond the current lease.

I want the team here for 20 or 30 years.

Trump cares about winning and making money. Before he owned the New Jersey Generals, they went 6-12. Trump took over the team and they went 25-13 over the next two years. WNY is an area where the economy is showing improvement and a smart business man like Trump can make money in that area. If Kelly is involved with him, you can bet your ass that he will see to it that the Bills stay in the area for a long time too. So I wouldn't worry too much about that either. Bring on The Donald and enjoy the wins.
                    The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Pegula certainly has the most incentive for putting in a stadium downtown.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• dog14787
                        • Oct 2010

Lots of speculation now that JK and D Trump may not be connected on a bid to gain new ownership of the Buffalo Bills.

What has been confirmed by JK's brother Dan, is Jim Kelly will be pursuing new ownership of the Buffalo Bills in some capacity.

My source is the Erie Times News
                        Last edited by Figster; 04-20-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• dog14787
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post
                          Lots of speculation now that JK and D Trump may not be connected on a bid to gain new ownership of the Buffalo Bills.

What has been confirmed by JK's brother Dan, is Jim Kelly will be pursuing new ownership of the Buffalo Bills in some capacity.

My source is the Erie Times News
                          Note: JK/family was just staying in Trumps private Condo in NYC while undergoing treatment.

I find it highly unlikely they would be bidding against each other on new ownership of the Buffalo Bills.(my opinion)

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Kelly had a group, but with Trump throwing his hat in the ring, he may just be changing who the money man will be. He should also consider Pegula and/or Golisano. I'm sure a group of those 3 with Kelly as the face would be a tough one to go up against.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Kelly had a group, but with Trump throwing his hat in the ring, he may just be changing who the money man will be. He should also consider Pegula and/or Golisano. I'm sure a group of those 3 with Kelly as the face would be a tough one to go up against.
                              Trump will make the bills worse than they've ever been. He's not a good business man. He's a brand. He's simply a blowhard who's dad gave him his money.

All he cares about is that brand of being blustery.

Comment

• Goobylal
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                                Trump will make the bills worse than they've ever been. He's not a good business man. He's a brand. He's simply a blowhard who's dad gave him his money.

All he cares about is that brand of being blustery.
                                He's not a good businessman? His brand is based on people getting results.

Comment

Working...
                                X