Thread: Nov 11th Thursday night game, it's not family night

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nov 11th Thursday night game, it's not family night

I can't bring my family to this game in that neighborhood on a Thursday night after daylight savings time, it'll get dark hours before the game & the area is straight-up crime. This is a complete slap to anyone planning on going there during that time, unless you plan on getting robbed. A complete clip to the faithful & Goodluck for the annual Salvatore's Shooters party for Wednesday night to celebrate the game, it's adult only because Thanksgiving falls on Nov. 27th so a few weeks off, wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Nov 11th Thursday night game, it's not family night

You are going to get robbed in the parking lot of an NFL stadium?

Who would bring their kids to a party at Shooters?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post

You ever been there ?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    You ever been there ?
    I pretty much view all of Miami as being exactly like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. South Beach, which is run by the mob. An area where rich people live in huge mansions. And the rest of it is full of prostitutes and Cuban gangs fighting Haitian gangs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I pretty much view all of Miami as being exactly like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. South Beach, which is run by the mob. An area where rich people live in huge mansions. And the rest of it is full of prostitutes and Cuban gangs fighting Haitian gangs.
    No need to profile, you go away from the water & it's all beware there.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No need to profile, you go away from the water & it's all beware there.
    It's not profiling any more than it is to say there are Salvadoran gangs in northern VA or black gangs in Baltimore. If you can drive down the street and see them, it's reality, not profiling.

7. Post thanked by:

gr8slayer (04-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are a lot of Cubans here, I've yet to witness a Haitian vs Cuban street fight ala Anchorman.

The away from the water thing, I just don't get. Coral Gables, Pinecrest, Kendall and Doral are all away from the water and by no means grimey or ghetto. Coral Gables is essentially right next door to Little Havana and it's nothing but rich *******s in million dollar homes.

Now if you're going to Allapattah or Overtown you might want to lock your doors, just sayin'. Even so Wynwood (Hipster/Art District) is literally directly north of Overtown and it's essentially nothing but art galleries, eateries and trendy bars that draw throngs of people young and old every day and is just nuts on the weekend.

The stadium is in Miami Gardens right off the interstate, I don't see the big deal. I was at the Ralph for the Monday Night game vs Dallas, that was certainly not family night. It was a ****load of fun but there were guys there who had been bowling all shots for 72 hours straight leading into the game.

The worst part of Miami IMO is not the abundance ghettos, it's the abundance of *******s and idiot morons wearing capris, living with their Mom, driving some beat up 2004 BMW blasting some ****ty dance music. These douche bags need to man up, grow a real ****ing beard and put down the frozen drinks. The other major downfall is the traffic, some of the most entitled drivers ever, and they all suck. Not enough thank you's or common courtesy from a majority of people. Then there are the little Spanish ladies who look at you like you did something wrong when they don't understand your request at the grocery store deli spoken in the King's English.

With that said, I can't complain about being able to go to South Beach every Sunday from about 8 AM to 12:30 and then hitting my preferred sports bar to catch the Bills.

As long we don't **** the bed the first 2 months of the season I look forward to going to the Thursday night game.

9. Post thanked by:

mayotm (04-24-2014),Skooby (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't bring my family to this game in that neighborhood on a Thursday night after daylight savings time, it'll get dark hours before the game & the area is straight-up crime. This is a complete slap to anyone planning on going there during that time, unless you plan on getting robbed. A complete clip to the faithful & Goodluck for the annual Salvatore's Shooters party for Wednesday night to celebrate the game, it's adult only because Thanksgiving falls on Nov. 27th so a few weeks off, wow.
    Call someone who cares skoobs.

11. Post thanked by:

Uncle Jesse (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post

LOL

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No one is going to the game anyways, have you seen all those empty seats in that stadium every game?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Beef View Post
    There are a lot of Cubans here, I've yet to witness a Haitian vs Cuban street fight ala Anchorman.

The away from the water thing, I just don't get. Coral Gables, Pinecrest, Kendall and Doral are all away from the water and by no means grimey or ghetto. Coral Gables is essentially right next door to Little Havana and it's nothing but rich *******s in million dollar homes.

Now if you're going to Allapattah or Overtown you might want to lock your doors, just sayin'. Even so Wynwood (Hipster/Art District) is literally directly north of Overtown and it's essentially nothing but art galleries, eateries and trendy bars that draw throngs of people young and old every day and is just nuts on the weekend.

The stadium is in Miami Gardens right off the interstate, I don't see the big deal. I was at the Ralph for the Monday Night game vs Dallas, that was certainly not family night. It was a ****load of fun but there were guys there who had been bowling all shots for 72 hours straight leading into the game.

The worst part of Miami IMO is not the abundance ghettos, it's the abundance of *******s and idiot morons wearing capris, living with their Mom, driving some beat up 2004 BMW blasting some ****ty dance music. These douche bags need to man up, grow a real ****ing beard and put down the frozen drinks. The other major downfall is the traffic, some of the most entitled drivers ever, and they all suck. Not enough thank you's or common courtesy from a majority of people. Then there are the little Spanish ladies who look at you like you did something wrong when they don't understand your request at the grocery store deli spoken in the King's English.

With that said, I can't complain about being able to go to South Beach every Sunday from about 8 AM to 12:30 and then hitting my preferred sports bar to catch the Bills.

As long we don't **** the bed the first 2 months of the season I look forward to going to the Thursday night game.
    Single guy, no troubles.