• Mar 2014

Re: A QUESTION FOR THE PESSIMISTS

Dead thread? lol

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I think the Bills are still TWO drafts away from the playoffs, but 7-9 or 8-8 is certainly attainable.

I really don't even take account losing player A, or signing player B, moreso a feeling I had watching games last year.

Other than Pittsburg and Tampa, they played pretty well. Two more drafts and they should be rebuilt.

I think the coaches will grow as a unit too.

I just don't feel they have all the parts yet.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        I think the Bills are still TWO drafts away from the playoffs, but 7-9 or 8-8 is certainly attainable.

I really don't even take account losing player A, or signing player B, moreso a feeling I had watching games last year.

Other than Pittsburg and Tampa, they played pretty well. Two more drafts and they should be rebuilt.

I think the coaches will grow as a unit too.

I just don't feel they have all the parts yet.
        I think the Bills are a QB away from the playoffs.

If EJ plays well this year the Bills make the playoffs, if not they don't & the Bills need to get his replacement next year.

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

I see BuffaloSportsFan has made his way over here from the Range.

Comment

• D'Angelo Vickers
            Regional Manager
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            I see BuffaloSportsFan has made his way over here from the Range.
            Who are you referencing?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
              If you can't see the roster has improved since Whaley has been here, you can't see the sky is blue.

The Bills had one of the best drafts last year & have been drafting well since Nix was hired.

Cordy Glenn was thought of as a Guard throughout the NFL.

Only the Bills saw him as a LT & for that reason were able to get him in the 2nd rnd.

Today Glenn is being talked of as one of the better LT's in the NFL on the cusp of making the Pro Bowl.

I will trust the professionals on the Bills over you & the FANS of FSU in regards to EJ.
              In what aspect is the roster better today than say it was during Levy's tenure?

There's still no QB. The RBs were better then. The O-line is about a wash. The TE's are immaterial. The WR's might be marginally better now but it's close. The D-line I'll say is better now. The LB's are a wash. The secondary was better under Levy.

And drafting well? 2010 had Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Easley, Wang, Moats, Batten, Brown and Calloway. That's one hot mess of garbage to go along with a scat back.
              2011 had Dareus, A. Williams, Sheppard, Searcy, Hairston, White, White, Rogers, Jaspar. It got a DT, a guy that couldn't play corner and we have to hope he can play FS and then another mess of garbage.
              2012 had Gilmore, Glenn, Graham, Bradham, Brooks, Sanders, Carder, Asper, Potter. That nets a corner who looked lost at times last year when he wasn't hurt, a solid LT and another mess of garbage.
              2013 had Manuel, Woods, Alonso, Goodwin, Williams, Meeks, Hopkins, Gragg. Alonso looks solid, Woods looks promising and the rest another mess of garbage.

On what planet is this good drafting? There is a total of ZERO real impact players in that mess.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Asper. ROFLMAO.

And they brought him back! Even more embarrassing.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

There's still no QB. The RBs were better then. The O-line is about a wash. The TE's are immaterial. The WR's might be marginally better now but it's close. The D-line I'll say is better now. The LB's are a wash. The secondary was better under Levy.

And drafting well? 2010 had Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Easley, Wang, Moats, Batten, Brown and Calloway. That's one hot mess of garbage to go along with a scat back.
                    2011 had Dareus, A. Williams, Sheppard, Searcy, Hairston, White, White, Rogers, Jaspar. It got a DT, a guy that couldn't play corner and we have to hope he can play FS and then another mess of garbage.
                    2012 had Gilmore, Glenn, Graham, Bradham, Brooks, Sanders, Carder, Asper, Potter. That nets a corner who looked lost at times last year when he wasn't hurt, a solid LT and another mess of garbage.
                    2013 had Manuel, Woods, Alonso, Goodwin, Williams, Meeks, Hopkins, Gragg. Alonso looks solid, Woods looks promising and the rest another mess of garbage.

On what planet is this good drafting? There is a total of ZERO real impact players in that mess.
                    This post is a mess of garbage.

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      LOL, ROFL, OMG, LMAO.

He obviously hasn't been around long enough to know your style...or mine, yet he's stepping in the middle. He informs me that this is a message board where people express their opinions, and then pretty much tells me to shut up in the same breath.
                      Obviously context is not needed when adding 1+1

Now if we were to take history of both you & OP I would actually say that you whine more.

You constantly whine about other posters and their opinions even though this is a message board a and the correct platform for such expression.

Further, you are like a sensor who just wants to shut people up who are disagreeable which is a violation of 1st amendment rights & freedom of speech. Your a total conformist.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Obviously context is not needed when adding 1+1

Now if we were to take history of both you & OP I would actually say that you whine more.

You constantly whine about other posters and their opinions even though this is a message board a and the correct platform for such expression.
                        yeah, I'm pretty bad alright.

I don't particularly like Opie, so I guess you've gathered that. In this particular thread, he pressed me to reveal this once again.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Further, you are like a sensor who just wants to shut people up who are disagreeable which is a violation of 1st amendment rights & freedom of speech. Your a total conformist.
                        Suggest to any single person that actually knows me that I'm a total conformist. They may actually die laughing. You have no idea what you are talking about.

"A violation of 1st amendment rights & freedom of speech?" Did you really just say that?
                        Last edited by feldspar; 04-28-2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          I don't have know that the next year looks rosey, but.......

1. Pettine was replaced by Schwartz, maybe a better DC than Pettin is. How do you figure? just because he's a big name? he had some impressive defensive pieces in detroit and they couldn't win consistently. i'm skeptical until proven otherwise.

2. There were people on this board that WANTED Ralph dead & said so, if anything I think Ralph's death will inspire the team to play better to honor him. Speculative at best. it's also becoming a side show with relocation talks, donald trump jumping in, it could just make it a rudderless organization with no leadership.

3. Agreed, but as you said the draft has not happened yet & Whaley said the Bills may draft a QB, just not in the first rnd.

4. Byrd may be a star, but he is no superstar. Next man up. how many years do we need this to happen and see it not exist. we consistently let good players walk for nothing and replace them with struggling rookies.

The Bills have addressed LB, signing two LB's including the best run stuffing LB in the NFL. One was a pats player, the bills pats pick ups never work out.

The Bills have addressed OL, signing a potential starting Guard. And they will no doubt draft a RT. (what OL starting guard did they sign?)

The Bills addressed WR trading for a starter in Mike Williams & only gave up a 6th rd pick to get him. a guy who is coming into the very bad background that got him in trouble in tampa. he'll be suspended by week 6.

It is nice to be on the good side of a lopsided trade for a change.

And as you said the draft has not happened yet.
                          above in bold are my thoughts. you're comments are literally hinging onto the fact that all of this has to work out perfectly. and yes, mine could be seen as the exact opposite, but we've also historically seen the bills have these "pros" you see and fail with them. why is this time any different? it's the same fools at the top running the show. it's never going to change until russ and this attitude of "it must make the wilsons, littman, overdorf and myself money".

These guys don't care about winning. they just want it to be a very profitable enterprise for themselves. and because of that, it's really hard to ever see the story with rose tinted glasses. Because they have screwed up so many scenarios over the year and seemingly take great joy in doing so.

As long as russ brandon is their "brains" this team will be bottom rung.

Comment

• D'Angelo Vickers
                            Regional Manager
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

So Kiko Alonso and Marcel Dareus aren't impact players? I didn't want Spiller to be the pick back in the day, but he's an impact player when not injured. 2012 proved that, 6+ypc. Still has a solid YPC. I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but it's not as blanket bad as you're making it out to be. Goodwin is also going to be a good player. Manuel, whereas I agree he isn't going to be the guy, he was the best available by all appearances last year, and this year, it's debatable. I don't consider that a failure, since there wasn't anything they missed out on.
                            Last edited by D'Angelo Vickers; 04-29-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              above in bold are my thoughts. you're comments are literally hinging onto the fact that all of this has to work out perfectly. and yes, mine could be seen as the exact opposite, but we've also historically seen the bills have these "pros" you see and fail with them. why is this time any different? it's the same fools at the top running the show. it's never going to change until russ and this attitude of "it must make the wilsons, littman, overdorf and myself money".

These guys don't care about winning. they just want it to be a very profitable enterprise for themselves. and because of that, it's really hard to ever see the story with rose tinted glasses. Because they have screwed up so many scenarios over the year and seemingly take great joy in doing so.

As long as russ brandon is their "brains" this team will be bottom rung.
                              You are placing past failures on a NEW regime.

As for your bolded, you didn't really say ANYTHING in that.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by D'Angelo Vickers View Post
                                So Kiko Alonso and Marcel Dareus aren't impact players? I didn't want Spiller to be the pick back in the day, but he's an impact player when not injured. 2012 proved that, 6+ypc. Still has a solid YPC. I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but it's not as blanket bad as you're making it out to be. Goodwin is also going to be a good player. Manuel, whereas I agree he isn't going to be the guy, he was the best available by all appearances last year, and this year, it's debatable. I don't consider that a failure, since there wasn't anything they missed out on.
                                I think Gilmore will prove to be an impact player as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍