• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Suck it Boston!

Oh it doesn't bother me in the least. I feel for you guys more than anything. At least I have one team that makes the post season regularly.

The stuff like "The Bruins are in trouble" is what i find hilarious. I also think it's funny that people get worked up over the Lucic antics, he told two players he was going to get revenge on them next season, and everyone freaks out. The only reason this is a story is because Weiss knows Lucic means it. And that's not going to be fun for him.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Oh it doesn't bother me in the least. I feel for you guys more than anything. At least I have one team that makes the post season regularly.

The stuff like "The Bruins are in trouble" is what i find hilarious. I also think it's funny that people get worked up over the Lucic antics, he told two players he was going to get revenge on them next season, and everyone freaks out. The only reason this is a story is because Weiss knows Lucic means it. And that's not going to be fun for him.
      It's a story because it's another example of Lucic being a poor ambassador to the game. His antics are as old as Kaleta, Neal and Cooke. He has no respect for the game or his fellow players. He is nothing but a bully and sore loser. Nothing like hitting guys in the crotch from behind, taking a run at a goalie or threatening guys like a thug when he got beat and couldn't man up to what thousands of other players did before him and congratulate the team that beat them. The NHL needs to stop coddling this a$$hole and start punishing him like the other guys I mentioned. I don't care what skill he has. The game does not need thugs that try to hurt others intentionally.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by don137 View Post
        It's a story because it's another example of Lucic being a poor ambassador to the game. His antics are as old as Kaleta, Neal and Cooke. He has no respect for the game or his fellow players. He is nothing but a bully and sore loser. Nothing like hitting guys in the crotch from behind, taking a run at a goalie or threatening guys like a thug when he got beat and couldn't man up to what thousands of other players did before him and congratulate the team that beat them. The NHL needs to stop coddling this a$$hole and start punishing him like the other guys I mentioned. I don't care what skill he has. The game does not need thugs that try to hurt others intentionally.

If you think it's his skill thats preventing him from being dealt with than I must be missing something. Lucic is skilled in working the corners, thats about it. Neal is significantly better.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

Briere + Vanek have always whipped on Boston..

PK's Post game interview was epic..
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

I love Danny Briere. Not in that jersey but as a hockey player.
            It was all

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Boston is fine. Yeah, chara is old and that'll be a unfillable hole eventually but Boston is a smart franchise. They will be good for a long time. Savards been gone, if I'm not mistaken since 2010. Dougie Hamilton is going to be a stud and rask is elite. They'll be fine. And I hate Boston.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

the issue with lucic is that he is coddled,

1. miller run
                2. nut shot
                3. being an ass in the handshake line

and then all the little stuff in between and for some reason the nHL keeps saying, "first offense" for this guy. What is it? because he was supposed to be a better player? because he has a fan base?

to be fair, i've noticed boston fans by large have distanced themselves from lucic this year. which means if boston fans are sick of him, everyone is sick of him. wonder why the nhl is so slow to react?

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

All the very worst to anything Boston.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    the issue with lucic is that he is coddled,

1. miller run
                    2. nut shot
                    3. being an ass in the handshake line

and then all the little stuff in between and for some reason the nHL keeps saying, "first offense" for this guy. What is it? because he was supposed to be a better player? because he has a fan base?

to be fair, i've noticed boston fans by large have distanced themselves from lucic this year. which means if boston fans are sick of him, everyone is sick of him. wonder why the nhl is so slow to react?
                    Lucic is the outside fans go-to player. He makes highlight reels because of his physicality. People talk big bad Bruins, and he fits the mold. He's been beating his girlfriend/wife for years. He's a tool, but he's Cam Neelys boy so he's not going anywhere.

I think his biggest fan base is probably in Vancouver.
                    Last edited by The King; 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM.
                    It was all

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

he seems like boston's hockey version of hernendez. obviously a douchebag with no respect for authority. two years from now, he'll cross the line in public and not get the little kid gloves. and people will be saying, "how didn't we see this."

part of me is joking..the rest of me is not.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        he seems like boston's hockey version of hernendez. obviously a douchebag with no respect for authority. two years from now, he'll cross the line in public and not get the little kid gloves. and people will be saying, "how didn't we see this."

part of me is joking..the rest of me is not.
                        That's a bit much.
                        It was all

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

woah, i said i was part joking.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

The Bruins looked tired... nothing more.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Montreal beat Boston ... so what's new?

Call it tradition.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X