X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Michael Sam Gets a Reality Show

This is getting ridiculous. The guy is pimping his sexuality for more attention and hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. My advice: Play football dude and skip the reality show because they rarely work out for anyone. Just ask T.O.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Michael Sam Gets a Reality Show

He knows his chances of having any kind of success at the next level is pretty slim, and he has to strike while the iron is hot. I'd prefer he put all of his energy into actually making the team...if he could establish a career in the NFL, the story would ultimately be much better. Concentrate on football first and foremost, and tke advantage of the PR at a later time. That strategy, of course, runs the risk of missing out on his 15 minutes of fame.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Frenchman
      June and Summertime!
      • Apr 2012

Well hopefully he will show his football skills. Not his you know what. As he probably is getting so tired talking about that. He only wants to show his football skills on the field,not what is off it.
      ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

And this is where all comparisons to Jackie Robinson should come to an end. Robinson focused on his sport and earned at least the begrudging respect of those who disliked him.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

You know, many people accused Sam of putting himself first and crying for attention when he came out. I didn't buy that. To me, he was just being himself and not hiding his sexuality like so many before him. Now, though, I'm starting to wonder if he really does just want the attention.

That being said, I can't blame him for doing the show. There is no guarantee he will make it as a football player, and this will get him some money and keep his name out there. And it's less likely that the other players will harass him if they are on camera (although, from a sociological perspective, it's much more interesting to see how they'd react to them if they weren't being recorded).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

The show just got cancelled. Good move.

Comment

• Gibby
              • Jun 2006

Again, I hope he does well in the NFL because I am sure its been a dream of his for most of his conscious life. However, I am sick of the circus he is trying to build around himself. Play football, and be good at it and be known for being a damn good player.

Comment

• Frenchman
                June and Summertime!
                • Apr 2012

Thought that the show got postponed. Oh well! He needs to play football indeed! Just concentrate on that!
                ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

At any rate, this is the biggest pile of steaming horse****.

The message is that it shouldn't matter that Sams is gay. Apparently, it DOES matter, and it matters more than anything else...at least as far as the proposed show is concerned. It matters more than anything every time there is a major story about this guy.

Then Oprah says “We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey..." Really? It's really a PRIVATE journey if you hope to share all the nuances about it with millions of people in a reality TV show? I guess not anymore. The double-standard is glaring. People are trying to exploit this non-story until the cows come home. It's disgusting.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    At any rate, this is the biggest pile of steaming horse****.

The message is that it shouldn't matter that Sams is gay. Apparently, it DOES matter, and it matters more than anything else...at least as far as the proposed show is concerned. It matters more than anything every time there is a major story about this guy.

Then Oprah says “We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey..." Really? It's really a PRIVATE journey if you hope to share all the nuances about it with millions of people in a reality TV show? I guess not anymore. The double-standard is glaring. People are trying to exploit this non-story until the cows come home. It's disgusting.
                    Of course it matters, its always mattered. We aren't yet at a place, as a society, to say it doesn't matter.

The show was a bad idea and I'm a huge supporter of Sam. It was just poor judgement and I'm glad its been postponed. If he wants to do that kind of thing in the next offseason after he's spent a year in the NFL that's one thing but this would be nothing but a distraction.

He needs to focus solely on football, like he did pre-draft.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Anyone know how Sam looked in preseason? I haven't been paying attention. Is he going to make the team?

Comment

• Discotrish
                        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                        • Nov 2003

Not sure where the SAM thread went, so he's with America's Team now.

Patti
                        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• SmokeShowin
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
                          Not sure where the SAM thread went, so he's with America's Team now.

Patti
                          Their first shower together:

Comment

• Discotrish
                            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                            • Nov 2003

Michael Sam no longer a Cowboy. I guess they figured out how to quit him.

Michael Sam Cut By Cowboys

Patti
                            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
                              Michael Sam no longer a Cowboy. I guess they figured out how to quit him.

Michael Sam Cut By Cowboys

Patti
                              Boo.

He's not really any better or any worse than most late round draftees or practice squad guys, just more publicized. It's hard to say he won't have a good career yet, or that he'll even have one this quick. I find it hard to believe though, press being what it is, we've seen the last of him or more gay players from college looking for an edge.

Comment

Working...
                              X