• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: NHL 2014 summer activity.

I am hearing the Bruins are in talks with the Sharks for Marleau.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

the texas stars win the calder cup

canucks ask for permission to talk to rangers assistant coach (and former sabre assistant) scotty arniel about their coaching vacancy.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

• Bob McKenzie: The Avalanche sent Paul Stastny a multi-year offer a couple of weeks ago. There has been no talks since, but it’s expected they will start soon. Stastny has let it be known that he wants to stay in Colorado, but would he take a hometown discount? Stastny’s last contract was for five years at $6.6 million per season. Guessing that the Avalanche would like it to be worth less. He could get more on the open market.

• Bob McKenzie: The Blackhawks have told Michal Handzus that he won’t be coming back next year. Will be a free agent.

• Bob McKenzie: Looking like Senators free agent Stephane Da Costa will head to the KHL next season as the Senators wouldn’t offer him a one-way contract.

• Steve Zipay: Rangers Marc Staal is heading into the last year of his contract and is hoping to get an extension before the start of next season, but it’s “not end of the world” if it doesn’t happen.

• Andrew Gross: Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman wants to return, but cites security for his family will be the top priority. The Rangers may not have the money to get it done.

• Andrew Gross: Pending UFA Brian Boyle will be looking for a bigger role than what the Rangers are offering.

• Adam Vingan: Vingan wonders is pending UFA Tomas Vokoun would be interested in being the Capitals backup next season, reuniting with Barry Trotz and Mitch Korn.

• William DePaoli: The Penguins will reach out to their free agents that they are not interested in re-signing.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

david booth also put on waivers for a buy out. i wouldnt mind him as a reclamation project.

tootoo also waived from detroit.
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

• Andy Strickland: P.K. Subban is looking for a bigger contract than the Blues gave Alex Pietrangelo, seven years and $45.5 million.

• Jason Gregor: If P.K. Subban was only asking for $6.5 million, the Canadiens would have already signed him. Source said a couple weeks ago that Subban’s camp asked for over $8 million a season.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

He's worth it, IMO.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

subban struck me as a guy who is still very young. he is determined to go end to end when asked to like an adult rec league star. and he doesn't seem to know his body. there were times in that rangers game where he was gased and was still pushing to go end to end. and that made it that much easier to defend him.

on one hand, kudos to him doing whatever the team asks of him.

on the other, he isn't such a complete player that you can feel comfortable putting 10% of your cap into him. Perhaps he can grow into that and if the cap keeps growing, it'll be a good contract.

there was just something about how loose he carried the puck at times. and his skating was very much like the best kid in school who never followed any of the drills because he was a natural athlete. there was one game where he ran into the net without pressure. and i don't like how he takes his hand off the stick to touch the ice on some turns.

i'm not saying he isn't one of the better defensemen. I am saying i'd through that kind of money or more at doughtey. i would feel like i'm taking a little risk with subban.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

As long as the Bruins and Canadiens are rivals in the Atlantic they'll pay Subban, he's the perfect opponent for the Bruins.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

• Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Though Paul Gaustad is still in the Predators plans, even GM David Poile recognizes that he is better served on a good team than a bad team.
                    • “Paul does what he does. He’s a checking center, best in the league at faceoffs and penalty killing. To me this is the good and bad news. Paul Gaustad is way more effective when our team has a lead, way more effective on our team as a shutdown guy. Give us the leads in the third period and the leads out of the gate and I think his role is better.”

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

• Hope Smoke: Doug MacLean: “It seems that right now Joe Thornton only really wants to go to 1 team & that’s NY [Rangers]. That’s the scuttlebutt”

• Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: “Joe’s [Thornton] interesting because he signed that extension & there is some talk that Wilson told him he isn’t going anywhere” … “Now he’s hearing that he is being shopped. Is the push to move him [Thornton]? Ya, it is” … “When you make a commitment to your GM to bring him back there’s only way you can go to show fans your progressing & moving forward and that’s to change the personnelin your locker room.” … “Say what you will about Joe. I look at Joe now at this point of his career & I put him in that Iginla category” … “The last thing Joe needs, & that’s why the Leafs aren’t an option, is for him to go to a team where he’s THE guy” … “I probably think a Stl situation is good for Thornton. They need to get bigger. They can’t compete with just Backes”

• Hope Smoke: Doug MacLean: “In NY Thornton would have to be the guy. Stepan’s a good #2 and Brassard is a real good #3″

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

rangers buy out richards.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

caps/bhawks winter classic. this will be the caps second outdoor game. hawks third.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

• Jim Matheson: If the Oilers were looking to trade David Perron, it would be because it’s a workable contract at $3.8 million for teams that have extra defenseman. Buffalo would be an example.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

perron for ehrhoff? id do it in a heartbeat.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                                Victimizing The Victimizer
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                                perron for ehrhoff? id do it in a heartbeat.
                                A 26 year old 30 goal scorer with a 3m dollar contract for Erhoff?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                                rangers buy out richards.
                                To bad his body can't handle the NHL.

He'll be a good coach one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘