Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Per ESPN: Marcus Easley beating out Mike Williams

Thanks
    Thanked 7,626 Times in 6,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Per ESPN: Marcus Easley beating out Mike Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I don't think they'll keep 6 WR's and Easley. Easley would be the 6th WR assuming they even keep 6. I think Hogan wins that 5th spot and everyone else listed is gone.
    It's a passing game that's why I went with 6, Easley is a star on ST and that's why he should make this team.

His value at WR are still TBD in other words he's a Bill primarily for his ST play.

5 might be enough but I'd carry 6 to start with not including Easley among them, he's here for one thing.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    It's a passing game that's why I went with 6, Easley is a star on ST and that's why he should make this team.

His value at WR are still TBD in other words he's a Bill primarily for his ST play.

5 might be enough but I'd carry 6 to start with not including Easley among them, he's here for one thing.
    The Bills have finally assembled enough talent that some tough decisions will have to be made when it comes time for cuts.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Just put your money all on Adam Schein then. He seems to be telling you what you want to hear.

And you can put your money on Rodak & his 3-13.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Easley is a ST ace with stone hands...currently standing on the sidelines and not playing, according to yesterdays report.

Yet he's beating out others for a roster spot. Got it...

This guy carries the " possible cut " moniker more than anyone.

Blindly believe what you read from a blogger living in Boston.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GingerP View Post
    Williams $1.6M base salary is guaranteed. You don't trade for that to cut the guy. I'd be shocked if he isn't on the roster.
    This really isn't the point of the thread, nor of those that don't think that Williams rather than Stevie was a worthwhile swap in roster spots, is it.

Williams could be the 8th best WR on the team when it's all said and done, but who cares if he makes the roster with that status. The talk here, and the expectation, is that he can come in and be a veteran leadership presence, both in a vocal leadership role as well as on the field in terms of performance. The former's not likely to occur without the latter either way.

Right now he's doing neither, and he doesn't have four months to establish himself in that role. I'd say that he's basically got this round of practices in mini-camp and then the first few days of training camp or it ain't happening. There are only around 20 training camp days, that's it. It's not two months of training camp, 20 days goes quickly. Right now only a fool would put money on the notion that it will happen.

If it doesn't, it won't say much for the pickup. I'm not talking about money, who cares, in that world $2M is almost chump change, I'm talking about the season. Woods, Watkins, Goodwin, Hogan, Easley aren't carrying this team, it just isn't gonna happen, way too much youth and inexperience there.

Without Williams here are the current career receiving totals for everyone currently on the roster according to BB.com:

Woods: 40 catches, 587 yards, 3 TDs, 1 season
    Watkins: nothing
    Goodwin: 17, 283, 3, 1 season
    Graham: 54, 683, 3, 2 seasons
    Barden: 29, 394, 0, 4 seasons with the Giants
    Elliott: 10, 108, 0, 1 season split between the Jags and Bills (Lucky Elliott)
    Hogan: 10, 83, 0, 2 seasons
    Easley: 2, 13, 0, 3 seasons
    Holley: nothing
    Roberson: nothing, waived by two teams last year
    Summers: nothing

You can add it all up, but that's 162 catches, not even 10 TDs, and barely over 2,000 yards of receiving. This is the receiving corps that some think is going to lead us to a winning season, much less the playoffs? Even with Williams in there halfway competently, anyone thinking this is insane. If it happens its gotta be some kind of major NFL record for achievement with young WRs.

There's nothing there yet, and it's not going to develop in one season, and definitely not with Manuel throwing the ball. He first has to get himself straightened out.

It's funny, they talk about how Cleveland's WRs suck without Josh Gordon who's going to be suspended, but Miles, Burleson, and Benjamin alone put our group to shame. Yet, we're talking playoffs.
    Last edited by Fletch; 06-18-2014 at 03:32 PM.