Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Zad is not Ahl eligible
    Would u play those 3 next year?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Erhoff bought out?

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    LMAO.....Sabres could have had a cap hit of $10m for a guy who's not even on the team.

Just in time for the Sabres to have to resign some of their 1st rounders.

You are correct, it's not huge.....It was a ****ing disaster waiting to happen...

Erhoff wanted out of Buffalo, It works for both sides.
    http://capgeek.com/recapture-grid or 3 million.

3. Post thanked by:

black N yellow (06-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Would u play those 3 next year?
    I'd leave zad in the OHL one more year. Play McCabe, pysyk, ruh, myers, weber and sign a vet. Let risto start in the Ahl.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
    I heard he didnt want to be hear so Murray sent him packin'.

it is odd that players that were content with losing are still here, and the ones that publicly said they didnt want to lose during interviews have been traded away etc.

Miller
    Vanek
    Ott
    Erhoff

I can go on and on.
    Disgraceful.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd leave zad in the OHL one more year. Play McCabe, pysyk, ruh, myers, weber and sign a vet. Let risto start in the Ahl.
    Agree on Zadorov; however, I'm not sure if The Big Show would be eligible for OA status. (I think he's 19, which means he could play 1 more season before getting to OA.) Risto still needs some seasoning in the AHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Disgraceful.
    Basically, that sums up most of your posts on here.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Basically, that sums up most of your posts on here.
    Takes a special kind of loser to root for his team to lose for not one season but three or more.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wonder why you left out the $5m and $10m dollar cap hits?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Wonder why you left out the $5m and $10m dollar cap hits?
    Not intentionally. I didn't see that. When you are wrong, you are wrong. I was wrong.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Takes a special kind of loser to root for his team to lose for not one season but three or more.
    And it takes a special kind of honk to drool all over a team that isn't even in the area while running smack on another team's fans, all to show he's smarter than others.

Isn't that right, CHOWD?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really hope the "break it down" and "add young talent" phases of the rebuilding process can overlap, because it's scary to think we're still in the "break it down" phase after two horrendous seasons and the fire sale(s).

Also, we're stuck with Stafford for another year. ****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They must have found out they still had a veteran on the team and got scared. No one to teach the new kids!!! Good one Murrey! oK what team is paying you to ruin the Sabers
    Last edited by doug45; 06-29-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I really hope the "break it down" and "add young talent" phases of the rebuilding process can overlap, because it's scary to think we're still in the "break it down" phase after two horrendous seasons and the fire sale(s).

Also, we're stuck with Stafford for another year. ****.
    theyll add pieces. as far as two horrendous seasons, i have to remind you, the sabres went on a tear in the lockout shortened season and actually had some games that had playoff implications. they finished at .500. while not a raging success, it wasnt as bad as many seem to think.

as far as pieces i hope to see them add, legwand is at the top of my list. i like his game.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Everybody wants change, but no-one wants to pay for it......well duh! Cry about Leino, cry about Erhoff, cried about getting something for Miller, crying about getting 1st pick in 2015 draft ....cried the whole time because Darcy's "core" wasn't good enough....now the crying about getting younger. Murray has pulled the trigger and keeps reloading the gun and jettisoning all the baggage. I say GOOD! We're not going far next year...we all know it....so let the kids play, get the experience and if they can compete, then let them gel and in a year or two we may be legit playoff contenders.

We're going to have a whole lot of trouble getting any significant veteran to sign unless we throw ludicrous money at them....just plain fact... but a group of hungry, hardworking kids might just change that in the future...

I say...turn the kids loose....
    I've upped my standards...now up yours

15. Post thanked by:

don137 (06-30-2014),JATMtheJATM (06-29-2014)

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by doug45 View Post
    They must have found out they still had a veteran on the team and got scared. No one to teach the new kids!!! Good one Murrey! oK what team is paying you to ruin the Sabers
    UFA starts July 1st!!! this might be the busiest offseason the Sabres ever had! Murray says that there is a list and he says that he had talked to many players agents at the draft.
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 06-29-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by snow1989 View Post
    Everybody wants change, but no-one wants to pay for it......well duh! Cry about Leino, cry about Erhoff, cried about getting something for Miller, crying about getting 1st pick in 2015 draft ....cried the whole time because Darcy's "core" wasn't good enough....now the crying about getting younger. Murray has pulled the trigger and keeps reloading the gun and jettisoning all the baggage. I say GOOD! We're not going far next year...we all know it....so let the kids play, get the experience and if they can compete, then let them gel and in a year or two we may be legit playoff contenders.

We're going to have a whole lot of trouble getting any significant veteran to sign unless we throw ludicrous money at them....just plain fact... but a group of hungry, hardworking kids might just change that in the future...

I say...turn the kids loose....
    exactly. this is the painful, but necessary part of the rebuild. it sucks, for now. but the rewards of the future will erase these seasons soon enough.

18. Post thanked by:

don137 (06-30-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It feels painful but makes sense, and gets familiar if you watch NFL football. Price, age, penalty, concept. A 34 year old Ehrhoff plugs in about as well on the Sabres in a couple years as a 51 year old Bruce Smith fits on the current Bills, and Ehrhoff is not gonna play out a last couple years for a simple million a pop at 36.

Was a win now contract, we didn't, let him go.

Don't have the vaguest clue how they're gonna get to the floor of the cap though. Sort of gives Ehroff a break not to be a part of it. Will be a hoot seeing who they overpay for not much. Doesn't matter, it's how "down the road" works now in sports. Yeah I might die too before we win a crap, but so it goes.

It's a jolt, but makes sense even if it tastes bad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I trust what Murray is doing more than any person so I think it's a beautiful thing. Get rid of these bums and bring in your guys. Hopefully that turd Regier did them a favor with Zadorov/Risto/Girgy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One year is fine.

How many years do the Sabres intend to be the doormat of the league?
    the thing is if they get this rebuild right and the deep roster in rochester develops. they'll be the 2007 team but with size, skill and durability that that young class of pominville, vanek, roy, etc couldn't sustain.

if the nhl was consistent with its post lockout 2005 rules, then maybe those guys could have put together a good 3-7 years of dominance. but they weren't that skilled to begin with. they simply arbitraged the system.

the way murray seems to be building the team, he wants legit superstars developing with sizable player filling in the back lines. and like i said, if they get this right, they will have depth and talent to keep the team playoff relevant for 3-5 years with possibly a cup run in there.

who wouldn't take that. and it's not like they are starting from very scratch. they already are a year in with good players in the pipeline. and they have a coach who isn't on his way out. he's a guy who works well with young players.

22. Post thanked by:

don137 (06-30-2014),JATMtheJATM (06-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    I agree. We can use sultzer. Do we have another pair?
    He signed a five year deal to play in Germany on May 1st, http://www.diebytheblade.com/2014/5/...eal-in-germany

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    the thing is if they get this rebuild right and the deep roster in rochester develops. they'll be the 2007 team but with size, skill and durability that that young class of pominville, vanek, roy, etc couldn't sustain.

if the nhl was consistent with its post lockout 2005 rules, then maybe those guys could have put together a good 3-7 years of dominance. but they weren't that skilled to begin with. they simply arbitraged the system.

the way murray seems to be building the team, he wants legit superstars developing with sizable player filling in the back lines. and like i said, if they get this right, they will have depth and talent to keep the team playoff relevant for 3-5 years with possibly a cup run in there.

who wouldn't take that. and it's not like they are starting from very scratch. they already are a year in with good players in the pipeline. and they have a coach who isn't on his way out. he's a guy who works well with young players.
    while i agree with this, i think the sabres door will be open for much longer then 3 to 5 years.

25. Post thanked by:

coastal (06-30-2014)