Thread: Steve Moore Ups Lawsuit against Bertuzzi and Vancouver to $68 Million in Damages

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Steve Moore Ups Lawsuit against Bertuzzi and Vancouver to $68 Million in Damages

Go Steve,

Bertuzzi should be in jail for Assault, what he did was not within the rules or physical risks of playing hockey, and he ended someone's career.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

2. Post thanked by:

denverboz (07-08-2014)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Steve Moore Ups Lawsuit against Bertuzzi and Vancouver to $68 Million in Damages

Quote Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
    Go Steve,

Bertuzzi should be in jail for Assault, what he did was not within the rules or physical risks of playing hockey, and he ended someone's career.
    He punched a guy. That happens in hockey. Brashear tomahawked a guy with his stick which in my opinion is way worse. The result of the punch are tragic but at no time in his career would he have come close to making 68 million dollars.

4. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (07-04-2014)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Steve Moore Ups Lawsuit against Bertuzzi and Vancouver to $68 Million in Damages

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    He punched a guy. That happens in hockey.
    It wasn't the punch that did it, it was riding him face first into the ice.

Brashear tomahawked a guy with his stick which in my opinion is way worse.
    Unless we are thinking of different incidents, Brashear was the victim and McSorley was the guy who hit him.

The result of the punch are tragic but at no time in his career would he have come close to making 68 million dollars.
    Moore is also suing the Canucks.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't the punch that did it, it was riding him face first into the ice.

Brashear tomahawked a guy with his stick which in my opinion is way worse.
    Unless we are thinking of different incidents, Brashear was the victim and McSorley was the guy who hit him.

The result of the punch are tragic but at no time in his career would he have come close to making 68 million dollars.
    Moore is also suing the Canucks.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

6. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you wouldn't believe the social media comments..

I'm being told to "Watch the Replay" his own guy broke his neck when he jumped on the pile.. lol..

My response was:
    It was the sucker punch which jolted his head around 80 degrees and his head being driven into the ice with Bertuzzi's Elbow on the back of his neck.

"Watch the replay", Google the Medical report and look at where the fracture occurred and look at where Bertuzzi's elbow was when they went down.

Dont use the pile up to cover for bertuzzi.

The impact of his head into the ice, with the way his neck was bent (leaning forward) is what caused the fracture in his neck.
    He was down, and paralyzed already before everyone else jumped on top.

*He was punched from behind, and his neck was twisted, then he was driven forehead first into the ice with Bertuzzi's elbow on the lower part of his neck.

Watch the replay again, No where in there did his teammate's knee hit him, he was sucker punched and driven into the ice with Bertuzzi driving him using his upper back/neck as the primary point of driving force.

after the impact, Bertuzzi did make a nice effort to put his gloves and arms around Moore's head to keep any skates from hitting his face, I'm pretty sure he already knew what he had done at that point.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If that was all, I'd agree. Vancouver was getting clobbered by Colorado and the Canucks said screw the game let's get Moore for his cheap hit on Naslund in a game a few weeks earlier. Marc Crawford was pissed that Moore didn't get a penalty for that and, frustrated with the beating his team was taking, ordered everyone on the bench to take run after run on Moore. Matt Cooke and Moore squared off for a fight in the first period and that should have been enough. Brad May, who ordered a bounty on Moore's head, and others took a runs at him all to the rabid delight of the fans.

I'm all for a good fight, but that got out of hand. As the Canuck management representative on the bench, Crawford displayed remarkable irresponsibility. It was an accident, but an accident precipitated by his blind rage and the rage he inspired in his players, a rage he ordered his players to foment.
    Last edited by gebobs; 07-03-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    If that was all, I'd agree. Vancouver was getting clobbered by Colorado and the Canucks said screw the game let's get Moore for his cheap hit on Naslund in a game a few weeks earlier. Marc Crawford was pissed that Moore didn't get a penalty for that and, frustrated with the beating his team was taking, ordered everyone on the bench to take run after run on Moore. Matt Cooke and Moore squared off for a fight in the first period and that should have been enough. Brad May, who ordered a bounty on Moore's head, and others took a runs at him all to the rabid delight of the fans.

I'm all for a good fight, but that got out of hand. As the Canuck management representative on the bench, Crawford displayed remarkable irresponsibility. It was an accident, but an accident precipitated by his blind rage and the rage he inspired in his players, a rage he ordered his players to foment.
    NHL Deemed the hit legal and clean.

Naslund cut his face with his own visor because he was improperly wearing his helmet.

That being Said, the Level Steve Moore was playing at that season doesn't warrant a 3 Million/year estimated pay let alone double that.

But people are forgetting he's included family damages in the lawsuit.

---------------------------------

He had already fought some one in the game that he hit Naslund and got whipped, it should have been over and done with after that.

Bertuzzi spent the entire game chasing Moore, as did several other Vancouver players (which is why coaching should be involved with the suit).

Which is why the score was so lopsided, Vancouver wasn't interested in playing, they spent the entire game chasing Moore.

Naslund was hit, it was deemed legal/clean by the NHL, Moore dropped the gloves the same game and got spanked.

It should have been done with after that, move on.

Moore was doing what was right, by trying to just play hockey.

Bertuzzi and 3 or 4 Van Players were chasing him literally every time he was on the ice, and when he wasn't they were taunting him every time they skated by the bench.

Naslund missed a few games and played 6 years after that.
    Moore hasnt played Since.

Ending Someone's career vs a few games because his own visor cut him because his chin strap was not being worn properly.

Bertuzzi is still Banned from playing in other leagues, Bettman was being an Idiot and re-instated him after the lock out.

IIHF Upheld their ban for a while after.

The Fact that Bertuzzi Legally stated that it was "Crawford's Fault, and he contractually obligated to obey his coach"

So he injures a player severely and blames it on his coach.

His Actions are his own and he should be held responsible for him.

The Entire thing was premeditated, as the VAN Players immediately started statign that they would be targeting Moore during post game interviews.
    Last edited by SkateZilla; 07-03-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Brad May, who ordered a bounty on Moore's head.
    I was always a Brad May fan.

Until right now.

I hope Moore gets even more than $68 MIL. They ruined his life, with a cheap shot from behind. Bertuzzi should be in prison.

11. Post thanked by:

denverboz (07-08-2014),gebobs (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i like how people are like:
    Moore musta spent everything and is asking for more.

A, He hasnt been awarded anything yet.
    B, He filed with US Supreme Court and they turned the case down because:
    -1 He's Canadian
    -2 Bertuzzi is Canadian
    -3 It happened in Canada.

C. So he filed with Vancouver S.C.
    D. Hearing is just now being Scheduled for Sept. 8th This year.

He has 10 years worth of Medical Bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is this even Sabres related ?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    How is this even Sabres related ?
    You, of all people, don't have the right to ask that question. Mr. Daily Garbage Thread Starter.

15. Post thanked by:

rbochan (07-04-2014)

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He should get a sizable amount. He DID take Naslund out with a cheap shot. He did not deserve what befell him, but when you take star players out with cheap shots (and I believe he played on the edge) that kind of thing happens and others will look for retribution. What Bertuzzi did was pretty bad and very cheap in itself, but I disagree with the whole "he rode him into the ice on purpose" crap. I believe he hung on so that he could beat the crap out of him, not try to break his neck. And I am SURE the pileup on top of everyone didn't HELP his neck break either. $68 million for a marginal player is excessive though. And it is players like him with his type of play who perpetuate those kinds of reactions. I don't think Steve Moore was much different from Matt Cooke, Pat Kaleta, Steve Ott, etc.