Thread: Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I want Pegula.

I think Pegula will let Brandon and company still do their thing for a year or two more before blowing it up. I think Ralph finally got it right with Brandon, whaley(Nix), and Marrone and I want them to get 4 years total so 2 more after this season.
    This is the closest to my personal opinion. I'm not entirely positive about the regime, but it needs to play out now and I think Pegula would let it. I also think he can afford to let the team be passed down through his family, and just from general observation, they strike me as a family that will pass things down as time passes, with some degree of cheerful continuity.

I'm biased, I genuinely like Pegula despite some of the Sabres fumbles. Remember when he personally delivered some season tickets, driving his own vehicle ? Pegula seems so Buffalo it will be painful if someone else buys it and won't seem right to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (07-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will say though that Jaws comments on how savy Jon Bon Jovi is has me intrigued. I also like what he said about him wanting to hoist a lombardi and will do whatever it takes to get it. Additionally that he is a very hands on guy and wants to be involved in every aspect.

I am very concerned about the Toronto affailation with him though and that is why I do not want him.

Although if he does win the bid I believe it will be very tenious for him and the fans of Buffalo until he actually breaks ground for a new stadium somewhere in Buffalo/Niagara area.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He will have this team in Toronto as soon as he possibly can. Don't believe his bs.

6. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (07-22-2014),better days (07-22-2014),BillsImpossible (07-22-2014),Michael82 (07-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,425 Times in 2,003 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sure in an ideal world the Toronto group would love to be able to move the team, but the reality is that if the NFL says they can't move the team then they're SOL. Goodell and the majority of the owners want the team to stay in Buffalo. If the Toronto group is vowing to keep the team in Buffalo, it's because moving isn't an option and won't be. I'm sure any winning proposal is going to have to include long term plans for Buffalo and a new stadium. They're not going to win the bid without showing a genuine commitment to Buffalo, and even if they propose to move the team in the future, it would still need 24 votes from the other owners. They're not going to get that. All the obstacles with moving to Toronto have been pretty well documented. I hope the Toronto group doesn't win, but even if they do, I'd be more concerned with how they're going to improve the team than if they're going to try and move them.

Here's hoping Pegula comes through and it all becomes moot.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm sure in an ideal world the Toronto group would love to be able to move the team, but the reality is that if the NFL says they can't move the team then they're SOL. Goodell and the majority of the owners want the team to stay in Buffalo. If the Toronto group is vowing to keep the team in Buffalo, it's because moving isn't an option and won't be. I'm sure any winning proposal is going to have to include long term plans for Buffalo and a new stadium. They're not going to win the bid without showing a genuine commitment to Buffalo, and even if they propose to move the team in the future, it would still need 24 votes from the other owners. They're not going to get that. All the obstacles with moving to Toronto have been pretty well documented. I hope the Toronto group doesn't win, but even if they do, I'd be more concerned with how they're going to improve the team than if they're going to try and move them.

Here's hoping Pegula comes through and it all becomes moot.
    Well as I have been saying, there is absolutely no reason to sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of someone from Buffalo unless the Toronto group offers to pay MUCH more for the team.

And if the Toronto group does pay a fortune to buy the Bills, you can bet it will not be with the intention of keeping the team in Buffalo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Money. Those 24 owners votes could change.

Here's hoping for Pegula

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    And if the Toronto group does pay a fortune to buy the Bills, you can bet it will not be with the intention of keeping the team in Buffalo.
    Why do you say that? Have you not read here about the Buffalo Erie Economic Renaissance(BEER)?

11. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    The Bills made $30M last year. Given they are worth at least $1B, do you consider $30M making money?
    Great point.

30 million dollars per year profit is not going to break even on the investment for at least 33 years.

$1 billion divided by 30 million dollars = 33.33 years to pay off.

That's not factoring in how much it would cost to build a new stadium.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Its funny that everyone is clambering for pegula and galisano to keep the Bills in WNY. What most people dont realize is that 1/3 of the fan base is going to be priced out in the next couple of years. when you start factoring 50.00 bucks for parking and avg ticket prices at $120.00.

fast forward 3 years when you cant sell out the stadium for more than 3 games a year. They will end up moving the team to toronto

14. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Great point.

30 million dollars per year profit is not going to break even on the investment for at least 33 years.

$1 billion divided by 30 million dollars = 33.33 years to pay off.

That's not factoring in how much it would cost to build a new stadium.

Um, you make 30 million a year while the value of your team appreciates. So in 10 years you would have made 300 million, and can sell it for more than you paid for it.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Um, you make 30 million a year while the value of your team appreciates. So in 10 years you would have made 300 million, and can sell it for more than you paid for it.
    An NFL team is not something people want to sell once they own one unless they have to.

Pegula has more money than he can spend in his lifetime.

The Sabres & Bills will be what he owns for enjoyment.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    A 3 percent return per year for plunking down $1bn seems pretty low.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

18. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Why do you say that? Have you not read here about the Buffalo Erie Economic Renaissance(BEER)?
    The reason I say that is that group is from TORONTO.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Its funny that everyone is clambering for pegula and galisano to keep the Bills in WNY. What most people dont realize is that 1/3 of the fan base is going to be priced out in the next couple of years. when you start factoring 50.00 bucks for parking and avg ticket prices at $120.00.

fast forward 3 years when you cant sell out the stadium for more than 3 games a year. They will end up moving the team to toronto
    Despite what people would have you believe, the Bills are not & have not been at the bottom of the league in regards to prices charged.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Despite what people would have you believe, the Bills are not & have not been at the bottom of the league in regards to prices charged.
    what they are 31 out of 32.
    with new owners paying top dollar comes higher prices. Expect to pay at least double for everything. The days of season tickets costing below a grand will be done

22. Post thanked by:

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

with new owners paying top dollar comes higher prices. Expect to pay at least double for everything. The days of season tickets costing below a grand will be done
    Maybe an issue, maybe not. I'm old. For me, paying 4 bucks for a hot dog or 6 bucks for a beer or any ticket price would have me feel like I've been fleeced and my fault because I paid for the ducat in the first place.

Yet, folks pour into stadiums. Go figure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Maybe an issue, maybe not. I'm old. For me, paying 4 bucks for a hot dog or 6 bucks for a beer or any ticket price would have me feel like I've been fleeced and my fault because I paid for the ducat in the first place.

Yet, folks pour into stadiums. Go figure.
    I wonder how many Bills fans that have moved out of the area that keep season tickets because they are cheap

25. Post thanked by:

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wonder how many Bills fans that have moved out of the area that keep season tickets because they are cheap
    Many, I hope. Getting live NFL games at lower prices - makes sense. I can't relate to today's prices, but younger folks than me deal with it. Like I said, I'm old.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-26-2014 at 02:03 PM.

SpikedLemonade

Yes 31 out of 32 in average price per ticket and 30 out of 32 in Fan Cost Indix:

The Browns also have the cheapest FCI at $343.80, while Caro-

lina ($365.38), Buffalo ($365.98), Tampa Bay ($366.76), and

Kansas City ($374.68) round out the bottom five.

The cheapest average ticket is once again the Cleveland Brownsat $54.20. The Buffalo Bills ($57.75) are the only other team with
    an average ticket price under $60.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public...20fci%2014.pdf

Please don't ask Better Days for anything numbers related since his old calculator is as faulty as his logic.

Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 07-26-2014 at 02:22 PM.