Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...am-in-buffalo/

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi has indeed joined a Toronto-based group that hopes to buy the Buffalo Bills. And Bon Jovi and company indeed are claiming that they intend to keep the team in Buffalo.

Via the Associated Press, Bon Jovi’s group has retained a banking firm and submitted paperwork expressing interest in buying the franchise from the estate of Ralph Wilson. Via John Kryk of the Toronto Sun, Bon Jovi’s group has told others, and will inform the trust that will sell the team, that the Bills won’t leave Buffalo.

The first hint that Bon Jovi’s intentions had changed came when his former partner in the AFL’s Philadelphia Soul, Ron Jaworski, told Buffalo radio that Bon Jovi never intended and doesn’t intend to move the team.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

Spiked Lemonade & Coastal & Fletch are the only people gullible enough to believe that.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Spiked Lemonade & Coastal & Fletch are the only people gullible enough to believe that.
    It's possible (though not likely) that they ran some modeling and don't see the risk as worth it. I believe this likely just a PR move but its certainly interesting.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I often wonder if you and everyone else here are reading the same things about what posters here write.

5. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014),coastal (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You just can't take these people's word at face value. They only have the best interests in mind, not Buffalo's. I feel like they are the step dad that promises the family won't move but secretly that can't wait to cut bait with the brat step kids and move away with their **** trophy.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've never understood much of the hate spewed toward Bon Jovi and his possible desire to be part of a group to purchase the team, other than the connection to Toronto money. He's got a helluva business mind, and it would be terrible PR for him to buy it and yank it. Especially to Toronto, and you don't have to be too astute to see that would be a poor move financially. The only money move for JBJ may be LA, but a Toronto group and Jersey boy aren't going to go to the left coast with their prized possession. Unless somebody is looking to make a quick turnaround on their investment and be a short-time owner, neither city makes any sense for re-location.

The market and fan base are already too well established to move, and I laugh at those that rant 'Wilson is cheap, all he cares about is padding his bank account' out of one side of their mouth, then "Anybody that wants to make a profit will have to move the team' out of the other.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I've never understood much of the hate spewed toward Bon Jovi and his possible desire to be part of a group to purchase the team, other than the connection to Toronto money. He's got a helluva business mind, and it would be terrible PR for him to buy it and yank it. Especially to Toronto, and you don't have to be too astute to see that would be a poor move financially. The only money move for JBJ may be LA, but a Toronto group and Jersey boy aren't going to go to the left coast with their prized possession. Unless somebody is looking to make a quick turnaround on their investment and be a short-time owner, neither city makes any sense for re-location.

The market and fan base are already too well established to move, and I laugh at those that rant 'Wilson is cheap, all he cares about is padding his bank account' out of one side of their mouth, then "Anybody that wants to make a profit will have to move the team' out of the other.
    Seriously? The hate spewed at Bon Jovi is because he aligned himself with a Toronto group which credible sources from Toronto said wanted to move the Bills there.

The only reason they are backing off of that is because they know they will have to play in Buffalo untill 2020 & don't want to play in an empty stadium.

Or they have to pay a hefty price to the Wilson family if the Bills move as well as the penalty.

I can't believe anyone would think a Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo any longer than they need to.
    Last edited by better days; 07-20-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And when the state of NY, corporate support and fan base don't provide what is required for the new owners expectations... the move becomes a financial necessity.

then it's not the new owners fault... it's just the reality of the economics.

11. Post thanked by:

Homegrown (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    And when the state of NY, corporate support and fan base don't provide what is required for the new owners expectations... the move becomes a financial necessity.

then it's not the new owners fault... it's just the reality of the economics.
    And if it were true that the Toronto group had no intention of moving the Bills, they could not over pay for them & expect to make any money.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt he'll win the bidding...so to me it's a non-issue. The legacy of Ralph selling to a buyer who will without a doubt keep the team here long term seems important.

Sweet talk won't work.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (07-20-2014),Mace (07-21-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Seriously? The hate spewed at Bon Jovi is because he aligned himself with a Toronto group which credible sources from Toronto said wanted to move the Bills there.

The only reason they are backing off of that is because they know they will have to play in Buffalo untill 2020 & don't want to play in an empty stadium.

Or they have to pay a hefty price to the Wilson family if the Bills move as well as the penalty.

I can't believe anyone would think a Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo any longer than they need to.
    Just because you moved away from Buffalo does not mean they would.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I doubt he'll win the bidding...so to me it's a non-issue. The legacy of Ralph selling to a buyer who will without a doubt keep the team here long term seems important.

Sweet talk won't work.
    If the Toronto group out bids Pegula & Golisono, everyone will know the Toronto group has every intention of moving the Bills asap.

As Coastal said, reality of the economics.

17. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014),jimmifli (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Just because you moved away from Buffalo does not mean they would.
    Well if the Toronto group bids more for the Bills than they are worth in Buffalo they would have to move to make money.

And why would the Trust sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of a Buffalo group unless the Toronto group was willing to pay much more for the Bills?

19. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Well if the Toronto group bids more for the Bills than they are worth in Buffalo they would have to move to make money.

And why would the Trust sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of a Buffalo group unless the Toronto group was willing to pay much more for the Bills?
    The Bills made $30M last year. Given they are worth at least $1B, do you consider $30M making money?

21. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    The Bills made $30M last year. Given they are worth at least $1B, do you consider $30M making money?
    Well, I would be very happy to pull in $30 Mill myself.

As I said before, Pegula & Golisono are not attempting to buy the Bills to make money. I think both would be happy with a $30 Mill profit.

But as I said before, why would the trust sell to a group from Toronto instead of a group from Buffalo unless the Toronto group was willing to pay MUCH more for the Bills than the Buffalo group?

So would the Toronto group think $30 Mill would be making money? And if they OVER PAY for the Bills would there be a $30 Mill profit?

We all know the Toronto group would not be buying the Bills for altruistic reasons like Pegula & Golisono, the Toronto group would want to make money.

And the Toronto group includes Rodgers who is a CANADIAN media mogul. What point would there be for the Toronto group to buy the Bills & keep them in Buffalo?

As someone posted on the two Bills drive message board, it would be like buying a car and leaving it at the dealership.

23. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014),coastal (07-20-2014),jimmifli (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I would be very happy to pull in $30 Mill myself.

As I said before, Pegula & Golisono are not attempting to buy the Bills to make money. I think both would be happy with a $30 Mill profit.

But as I said before, why would the trust sell to a group from Toronto instead of a group from Buffalo unless the Toronto group was willing to pay MUCH more for the Bills than the Buffalo group?

So would the Toronto group think $30 Mill would be making money? And if they OVER PAY for the Bills would there be a $30 Mill profit?

We all know the Toronto group would not be buying the Bills for altruistic reasons like Pegula & Golisono, the Toronto group would want to make money.

And the Toronto group includes Rodgers who is a CANADIAN media mogul. What point would there be for the Toronto group to buy the Bills & keep them in Buffalo?

As someone posted on the two Bills drive message board, it would be like buying a car and leaving it at the dealership.
    We agree?

wtf.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (07-20-2014),BillsImpossible (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    We agree?

wtf.
    I am more of a realist than most people realize.

I just try to keep an optimistic outlook.

And we agree about all things Florida.
    Last edited by better days; 07-20-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Florida sucks.

28. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014),BuffaloRedleg (07-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Florida sucks.
    Yes, please stay away & tell everyone you know not to come here for vacation either.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you like to walk outside and start sweating the second you walk out the door. Florida is the right place for you.

Also, if anyone believes this article then I have a great place on the ocean to sell you in Arizona.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 07-20-2014 at 01:01 PM.