Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: "SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    You must be a mushroom. In the DARK.

The Toronto group Bon Jovi is a part of was reported to be buying the Bills to move them to Toronto by a reputable source in Toronto.

This was before it became known that not only the Bills can not be moved, but nobody with the intent of moving them can even bid on them.

Hence the reason Bon Jovi & his group are NOW saying they would not move the Bills.
    Who is your reputable source? There has been absolutely nothing I've seen stating anybody with the intent of moving them can't bid. Only that moving can't be broached until the out clause is active at the end of the lease.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    Who is your reputable source? There has been absolutely nothing I've seen stating anybody with the intent of moving them can't bid. Only that moving can't be broached until the out clause is active at the end of the lease.
    The report of the Toronto group wanting to move the Bills was reported by the Toronto Sun. The Buffalo News also reported about it.

The fact nobody with intentions of moving the Bills can bid on them was reported on WGR radio.

I said the report of the Toronto group wanting to move the Bills was reported by a reputable source.

The talk of the trust is speculation by people with connections.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No I don't. The fact the Bills **** the bed for the last 14 years & still had the fan support they do shows what a passionate fan base the Bills have.

If Bon Jovi & Toronto buy the Bills, they will not be laughing at the abuse they will take in Buffalo until 2020.
    Don't think we'll ever see it but if Bon Jovi wins I think the fans still show up every Sunday.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

4. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Don't think we'll ever see it but if Bon Jovi wins I think the fans still show up every Sunday.
    We also know which musical artist(s) will get the most songs played every home game, real safe bet there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I believe fans will show up this year. Season tickets will already be bought & paid for.

I read a suggestion that Bills fans should all dress in BLACK. I like that idea myself. Like attending a funeral.

But I would expect the Stadium to be empty except for some Canadian fans in the coming years until 2020 if the Toronto group buys the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I believe fans will show up this year. Season tickets will already be bought & paid for.

I read a suggestion that Bills fans should all dress in BLACK. I like that idea myself. Like attending a funeral.

But I would expect the Stadium to be empty except for some Canadian fans in the coming years until 2020 if the Toronto group buys the Bills.
    Never happen.

8. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Never happen.
    I don't think it will happen either, but it is possible the Toronto group does buy the Bills.

As for the Toronto group filling the Stadium if they do buy the Bills.............LMAO.

That will never happen. People are not stupid.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    DraftBoy is right, billboards and name calling accomplish absolutely nothing except make the people doing it look foolish.

Why are people so heated up about Bon Jovi, he said he would keep the team in B-Lo. What else do you want?

LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is nothing to support that opinion.

We've falled so far that now we are counting effort?

I hate to tell you this but I don't think Russ is going anywhere. He's been removed from most football based decisions already and he's led this team profitably despite having an absentee owner due to health issues, and a horribly preforming team. From a business stand point that's a hell of an accomplishment. I can see a ton of reasons for any new owner to keep him around.
    how can you apologize for him having a crappy team. it's because he's employing the yes men. something he knows something about. his ascent to bigger roles was as the team kept under performing.

and how can you give him credit for marketing football in buffalo and having lower season ticket results. get a proper front office, keep the execs out of the day to day operations and put a priority on drafting well. the rest takes care of its self. instead, he's happy trying to find TO when his lame duck HC is failing.

There is no proof that hte bills wouldn't have kept jauron, but they let him start that 4th year when we all had seen enough. He's been useless. and he needs to go if any of this cultural stuff is going to change.

otherwise he has bills fan nation on the "pray our minimal changes were enough".

also 14 years of consistently missing when no other team has done that isn't just coincidence. you have to willingly be very bad at a very high level to suck as badly as they do. the radio shack execs aren't getting apologies that people don't buy batteries there anymore. they have sucked and made decision after decision of bad choices. that's why the company has sucked for the last 15 years. same hold true for buffalo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think it will happen either, but it is possible the Toronto group does buy the Bills.

As for the Toronto group filling the Stadium if they do buy the Bills.............LMAO.

That will never happen. People are not stupid.
    Oh its very possible a Toronto group buys the Bills. The stadium will still fill up.

And yes people are very stupid but that's not the discussion we're having.

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

well we have the team for 6 years. i think a large group of people will think "we have to do what we have to to save this team." i guarantee you if this team is moved, it's not without fans trying to support the hell out of this team regardless of who the owner is.

15. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh its very possible a Toronto group buys the Bills. The stadium will still fill up.

And yes people are very stupid but that's not the discussion we're having.
    Well, yeah if you think Bon Jovi fills the Stadium up, we are having a conversation about stupid people.

I am all in this year, but if the Toronto group buys the team I will no longer invest my money or time on the Bills.

And after this year if the Toronto group buys the Bills I doubt they ever sell out another game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    well we have the team for 6 years. i think a large group of people will think "we have to do what we have to to save this team." i guarantee you if this team is moved, it's not without fans trying to support the hell out of this team regardless of who the owner is.
    Well, the fans in Cleveland supported the Browns to no avail.

As I said before, why would the trust sell to the Toronto group instead of someone from Buffalo unless the Toronto group offered MUCH MORE money?

And why would the Toronto group want to spend a fortune to buy the Bills & keep the Bills in Buffalo? You can bet if the Toronto group buys the Bills they will be moved to Toronto.

As Coastal said, it is a matter of economics.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thank you for proving my point.
    You're welcome mr high and mighty. You classy guy you.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    Even when the price of tickets moves to be in line with the NFL average?

It is one thing to support your team when the tickets are the cheapest in the NFL and you drink for free in the parking lot.

SpikedLemonade

And after this year if the Toronto group buys the Bills I doubt they ever sell out another game.
    Before the sizable ticket price increase this year, 2-3 of the 6 home game sell outs had to be manufactured and 1-2 did not sell out.

Season ticket sales have gone well this year, but if the Bills are 3-5 by the bye week, the same will happen this year.
    Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 07-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    You're welcome mr high and mighty. You classy guy you.
    Just keep it coming...you're making my point for me with every post.

22. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just keep it coming...you're making my point for me with every post.
    Stick your point up your ass.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Stick your point up your ass.
    Now now. Be nice. It is a joyful time. It is Tuesday Food Truck Day in Buffalo.